Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 04:47 PM
jombo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MGT vs. LST2

ORIGINAL: Spurface

ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: Mz

the lst2 is a black hole when it comes to maintenance. the mgt is the opposite. the mgt might not be as good out of the box but the layout makes up for the radio not being as good... who keeps the stock radio anyways? i dont. i have a spektrum.
with a few minor upgrades the mgt can easily be as good as the lst2.
please elaborate on what you mean when you say black hole? My LST2 is on the way and all i hear are good things?
If he means that the LST is expensive to maintain, err, then he's right. Still a very good truck though.

can you elaborate on that????? how are the parts on the lst2 any more expensive than any other truck. i can just about rebuilt 1/3of the truck for 100.00.lets see you buy 4 mgt axles and a arms for that price
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98440.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	663439  
Old 04-13-2007, 05:58 PM
jombo

ORIGINAL: duckedup

Arms, hubs and shocks all look similar.. other than that, they don't look alike at all IMO.. [sm=50_50.gif] .. Tranny, engine, chassis, diffs, bumpers, skids, rims/tires, body, SIZE, etc. - all look nothing alike between the 2 trucks.. and the motor is mounted sideways on the MGT....

good point tranny they use the same shifting fork and the slipper pegs are a direct fit. there are more similarities just to be a coincidence.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Alteramod

ORIGINAL: jombo

[.lets see you buy 4 mgt axles and a arms for that price
Well..... rcmart.com you can get 4 axles and all the way around new a arms up and lower for 79 bucks
Old 04-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Mz

"the lst2 is a black hole when it comes to maintenance"
i mean that as in the setup is crowded.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:28 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: Mz

"the lst2 is a black hole when it comes to maintenance"
i mean that as in the setup is crowded.
Uhh.. no it's not [sm=75_75.gif]
Old 04-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Mz

compared to the mgt, yes
Old 04-28-2007, 09:26 AM
derrick05

Okay!Enough of people on the outside looking in. Ill make this short and sweet.Ihave booth trucks and have had them for several months,so take it from personal hands on experience and buy the losi.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:30 PM
scottywilkes

thanks for bringing a old annoying thread back now we will have to go through it all again
Old 04-28-2007, 07:03 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: derrick05

Okay!Enough of people on the outside looking in. Ill make this short and sweet.Ihave booth trucks and have had them for several months,so take it from personal hands on experience and buy the MGT.
exactly...
Old 07-28-2007, 10:06 PM
pmauceri

it depends if u wanna ****in bash or race if u bought a lst just to bash u just wasted ur money caz bashin u break part then u have to buy them when u could of gotten the mgt and u save more money and upgrade the mgt any way the mgt will ****in burn the ****in lst in a race the lst is a chinese peice of junk
Old 07-28-2007, 10:29 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: COWBOYS SUCK T.O SWALLOWS

it depends if u wanna ****in bash or race if u bought a lst just to bash u just wasted ur money caz bashin u break part then u have to buy them when u could of gotten the mgt and u save more money and upgrade the mgt any way the mgt will ****in burn the ****in lst in a race the lst is a chinese peice of junk
It was nice of you to rehash this old thread... glad you could not read...
Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult...
That's an interesting observation... because I bought an LST2 to bash... and it holds up fine.... and the last time I raced an MGT with my Revo, it blew the doors off of the MGT... my LST2 is as fast if not faster than my Revo (haven't raced 'em yet) My buddy is giving up R/C because of an MGT... and it breaking so much... it's sad. []
Old 07-28-2007, 11:12 PM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MGT breaking so much......hahahahah. i dont think so. nice try though.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:31 PM
[email protected]

I think my mgt is a great truck, I don't think it breaks a lot. The lst2 is a great truck to and also cost a lot more. stuff does break on my trucks but I run them and have lots of fun doing it. I had some fun with a t-maxx and a revo racing my mgt and I don't think the revo is that much faster then the mgt at least not the one I was bashing with. your bud just got a bad truck it sucks but it does happen. The guy with the t-maxx is fixing more then running and wants to get the MGT, he got so pissed one time that he put it in the trash he cooled off and picked it out.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:55 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: [email protected]
The guy with the t-maxx is fixing more then running and wants to get the MGT
That's the same thing my buddy is saying about his MGT... he does seem to break more than I do... and doesn't bash as hard as I do. It *IS* an original MGT, not the new one... that might have some bearing... and I do have video of our race... of course it's in AVI format, so it's like 499MB... I'd have to re-format it to post it... and I don't feel like doing that tonight... maybe another time, though... I just call it like I see it... you may be right... it may just be his truck was a lemon... it's the only MGT I've had experience with... and from my experiences, I would chose a different truck. Same with the T-maxx, though... I've only seen one... and it wasn't very good... wouldn't want one of those either... but there are faithful followers...
Old 07-29-2007, 01:05 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: hilifemt

Got some videos to prove otherwise? The MGT I've seen likes to break all the time... I'd love to see one that doesn't... since I've had such limited exposure to the MGT, it may be just my friend's MGT, and his friend's MGT... they both complain about breaking all the time and were very impressed by my Revo and how tough it was... you've obviously had a different experience... I'd love to see it.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:36 AM
duckedup

Old 07-29-2007, 02:08 AM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: RenegadeRevo

Got some videos to prove otherwise? The MGT I've seen likes to break all the time... I'd love to see one that doesn't... since I've had such limited exposure to the MGT, it may be just my friend's MGT, and his friend's MGT... they both complain about breaking all the time and were very impressed by my Revo and how tough it was... you've obviously had a different experience... I'd love to see it.
So, the last time you went rounds with the MGTers, it was just your friend that had an MGT (note: not plural).. now he has a friend too?, with a MGT that's breaks all the time also..? ... Wow, now it just seems like you're trying too hard to make a point.. maybe even to the point of blemishing the truth?

and... why are we doing this again? wasn't it enough that you got last time..? ....
Old 07-29-2007, 02:36 AM
scottywilkes

well heres 1 vid that shows the strength of the MGT and of course the hellfire
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4gz5QLMvKnI

Another 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=a1DTpbDYWJ0

And Another 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KabvP7E1gPw

well theres a few for you

Have u ever driven a MGT? Or owned one? No i dont think so. Maybe your mates are just really bad drivers, because i can say the revos i bash against, seem to always break before the MGT, ive got 10gal on the truck now, still on stock engine, and all ive broken is a rear tower, and a few transmission parts from the fun at the BMX tracks
Old 07-29-2007, 01:24 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: duckedup

So, the last time you went rounds with the MGTers, it was just your friend that had an MGT (note: not plural).. now he has a friend too?, with a MGT that's breaks all the time also..? ... Wow, now it just seems like you're trying too hard to make a point.. maybe even to the point of blemishing the truth?

and... why are we doing this again? wasn't it enough that you got last time..? ....
Why does this always turn out to be against me? The question of this thread is MGT or LST2... my opinion just happens to be that the LST2 is better than the MGT... and IN MY EXPERIENCE, I have't seen the MGT to be of good quality. Everyone has their own opinions... you have yours, I have mine... Why is it that I can't dislike the MGT? I have the right to dislike it and voice my opinion on a thread that is asking for it (of course, it was a rehashed thread from someone that doesn't like to obey rules and spout off things he has no clue about) Yes, last time I went bashing with an MGT'er... it was my friend... BUT... his friend (who bought the MGT at the same time as my friend did) also has issues... and they both want to sell 'em to get a different truck, or get out of the hobby altogether. My friend doesn't even own a Revo and he's telling everyone he knows how cool it is... *shrug* I haven't had a chance to watch the vids scottywilkes posted... but it would be nice to see an MGT run a few tanks without breaking.

P.S. What does it serve me to blemish truth to prove the MGT to not be a good truck... I don't care. I'd love it if all trucks were created equal... then there wouldn't be so much bickering on these threads. Unfortunately, they're not... OH... and by the way.. I didn't notice you defending the T-maxx... although I said the same thing about it... WHO CARES?
Old 07-29-2007, 02:31 PM
duckedup

Why does this always turn out to be against me?
Because you like to bash a truck you've never owned - it's your "friends" truck... oh, and now there's another "friend", because one wasn't enough last time... I guess.

The question of this thread is MGT or LST2... my opinion just happens to be that the LST2 is better than the MGT
Stock vs. stock, I agree 100%

I have the right to dislike it and voice my opinion on a thread that is asking for it (of course, it was a rehashed thread from someone that doesn't like to obey rules and spout off things he has no clue about)
Yes, and like yours, his opinions are obviously a little 'out there'

Yes, last time I went bashing with an MGT'er... it was my friend... BUT... his friend (who bought the MGT at the same time as my friend did) also has issues... and they both want to sell 'em to get a different truck, or get out of the hobby altogether.
Why didn't you mention the "other" friend last time we went rounds? since you have such a strong opinion against the MGT, that seemed a little odd... kinda' like you're trying too hard to prove a point

OH... and by the way.. I didn't notice you defending the T-maxx... although I said the same thing about it...
Because that was true!!.. IMO of course .... The Tmaxx was good for it's day, though.

Guys like you drive me nuts because you obviously don't know what you're talking about.. it's a little annoying. There are a few areas that need to addressed on the MGT stock - just like every other truck, including your precious Revo! (which surprisingly seems to break in all the vids you've posted.. go figure.)... if your "friend" would have browsed the MGT forum 1st, those areas that need to be addressed with the MGT are easily fixed, for next to nothing (if anything)

So, instead of being negative, and 'anti-MGT', why don't you try to be a better friend and go show him the ropes on the internet? let him know that there's a forum for his truck, that can help him solve the few simple issues? huh?... [&:]

Old 07-29-2007, 02:41 PM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any links to renegade revo's vids?
Old 07-29-2007, 02:47 PM
calvino

yeah, scottie, you remember my MGT vs Savage thread. I say to go with the MGT, nice dourable, racing vehicle... the LST2 will have more expensive parts sice it is "team Losi" while the MGT will have cheaper parts since it is only "Assocated". I say to go with the MGT (personal opinon here). mini t