RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Used REVO or New Aftershock

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 04:37 PM
bigal422
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used REVO or New Aftershock

Here's the deal guys. I was all set to buy a new Aftershock and I ran across a good deal in a Revo. The revo has some extra stuff, wheels and tires, extra bodies, misc. stuff. It is the 3.3.I have never owned anything from either company and was wondering what you guys thought. I have a HPI MT2 18SS now and was wanting something bigger. I don't race. Just mess around at he house. Please help me decide.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:55 PM
jonnymac

Default RE: Used REVO or New Aftershock

Aftershock.
Its stronger and can be upgraded to full LST2 spec. Also you won't be sorting out any probs from the previous owner.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:02 PM
bigal422

Thats what I was thinking. The only problem I hae with the Losi stuff is, the upgrade stuff is more expensive than most other stuff on the market.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:07 PM
jonnymac

Yeah but if you go traxxas you will need to buy new mounts for your engine if you want to upgrade (traxxas dont use big block engines), shocks will need to be revo specific, and its probably not as tough so you will buy more parts anyway (i dont want to start a flame war but thats how I see it).
If your worried about price look at the MGT. Cheap to buy, cheap spares and a good spec all round.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Sugafree

Not sure where you Looking for parts at?
I find Losi parts pretty Cheep as far as MTs go, Check out killer's price's, http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/t...muggy/list.htm
Old 04-12-2007, 05:23 PM
bigal422

Well guys I just made up my mind. I was on ultimate hobbies web site looking at the upgrade stuff for the aftershock and they have free shipping on orders over $100.00. Also the Aftershock was $20.00 cheaper than I could buy at the LHS not counting the taxes. It's on it's way.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:24 PM
jonnymac

cool [8D]
Have fun
Old 04-12-2007, 05:41 PM
atv_motocross#38

I have owned a Losi Aftershock for a week now. It is such a good truck. This truck is so better than all the other trucks ive seen go (super hopped up savage, Warhead and all my trucks). Anyone who knows me knows i love Duratrax and everything about them. I still like them but that Aftershock is great, I could go on but...
Old 04-12-2007, 06:57 PM
DaveG55

I would pick the new truck over the used nearly everytime. I've never picked up a used truck or car or boat that did not have problems from the former owner.
I'v got an LST (the original) and I prefer my Revo to it but in your case I believe you made the right choice.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:08 PM
bigal422

Can't wait for it to get here. My son will probably take it away from me and leave me with his MT2. Not, This is Dad's new truck.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:45 AM
Alteramod

Well I'm happy to see you went with the new one. Most of the time you will get one that has some photos that are when it was in better shape. They may say it runs great but when you get it it dont hold a tune or wasnt broken in properly. Never know with a used one. Though I do like getting the great deals and run the truck for a bit.... upgrade a few parts and put it on ebay with 30 bucks less starting bid I usually end up making a profit.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:15 AM
jonnymac

Yeah my truck I got second hand. I didn't mind too much because I wanted to replace a lot of the parts with hop ups.
Unfortunatley I found a lot of parts I didn't want to hop up (diff cases, drive cups etc) were worn, cracked or missing. (wow they turned up in the post as I was writing this lol). That meant I spent more than I originally was going to. I did get it cheap though so I'm not in negative equity yet
Old 04-13-2007, 05:26 AM
dapro

a buddy of mine purchased a roller Nitro MT off ebay and then started to buy stuff for it, know he has over $500 invested and still doesn't have a running truck....it crazy, I helped him out on alot of stuff for it but still $500 and no running truck...he wanted to buy hop-up stuff too, he has been gathering for over 3 months know..

I purchased a AFT in March and it sees more run time then any other truck I have (savage, revo, Etc.) I sold the motor, tires, body, and radio off it first thing and walked away only spending $110 on it...I already had all those things so it makes me happy my truck was so cheap
Old 04-13-2007, 06:15 AM
happywing

You made the right choice based on your needs. If you were going to race, the Revo would have been the better choice.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:39 AM
bigal422

You just don't know what your getting when you buy second hand. The Revo was at LHS that I deal with regularly. I was there when the guy brought it in and Danny and I insecteded real good. It was a nice truck but I don't race. I just wanted something to be able to spend a little more time with my son. I've been flying planes for a few years now and he's just not into that. I bought a MT2 18SS kit for us to build and it's a nice little truck. We have had a great time with it.