Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

new truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 07:14 AM
axline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new truck

I'm thinking about a new truck. I've had a tmaxx. for a long time. A friend of mine wants to buy it and I need to decide what to replace it with. I just go bashing and fooling around.
I'm looking at the MGT, Savage and Shumacher Menace. I really like the Menace but haven't met anyone with one. How do they hold up? Where do you get parts? Does RPM make arms for them?
Iknow the Savage and MGT have good parts aailibilty but I don't know about the Menace. I usually get my parts off of EBAY . I don't have time ot be running to the hobby shop 20mi away.

Thanks, Scott
Old 04-18-2007, 08:20 AM
webdr

Default RE: new truck

MGT has a great supply list on TowerHobbies and to be honest w/ you, you will save money ordering parts from them vs ebay. Theres no set standard for shipping on ebay as you know. You could order a plastic bumper for your truck and pay 7.99 to ship it. I make bulk orders from tower with 20+ items and pay 8 bucks shipping AND get it in 4 days. You cant beat that very often. Plus, tower is always having specials and promotions. I got free shipping on my last order.
RPM does make arms for the MGT but I dont know about the menace...check RPM's website and find out.

Yes I own an MGT and no I dont have experience w/ other nitro trucks but if you want cheap and easy with good performance (like that girl you met at the bar the other night!) I would suggest the mgt.

Heres a short vid of the monsterGT gettin' it!
http://rcuvideos.com/item/NPBQSPX34XH50D6S
Old 04-18-2007, 05:47 PM
axline

Is that yours? If so what enine is in it and what mods have been done. My tmaxx is fairly stock besides the2.5r originally a .15 and RPM arms. That way I mostly break the front skid plate and sometimes the bulkheads. they are cheap and fairly easy to replace. I'm not a big fan of aluminum and would rather keep it simple and cheap.

Scott
Old 04-18-2007, 07:26 PM
webdr

Its got the stock picco .28 (4.6) and front RPM arms. Its got a laundry list of other small mods and I just put an LST2 header and pipe on it and have not even fired it up yet. Im on my 2nd front skid plate....they get busted up pretty easily on most trucks.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:14 AM
maddstylz062778

Hey axline The Menace is suppose to be an awesome truck. I've only heard rumors from schumacher and stuff have yet to try it out myself but as far as upgrades and parts Schumacher has alot of metal and stuff. They are awesome for there customer service. I order parts from them all the time. They've always been good with warrenty stuff tell them over the phone usually of whats wrong and if the parts are in stock they have it in the mail the next day. They have a branch in tampa, fl So you don't have to worry about the over seas shipping. I've never waited over 5 days unless they had to get a part shipped from the UK.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:48 AM
run2speed

The Menace is a nasty fast truck that so far takes a good bashing. If you have a long enough
run to let it get into 3rd gear watch out. It handles very well at the higher speeds as well.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:57 AM
ttoks

for bashing the savage is proberly one of the best trucks out there, i'v heard good things about the GST as well, and th LST2, the REVO is also a good basher when set up to bash rather then race.

i suggest the revo because it's the only one i have had personal experience with, but followed by the savage because it's built to bash, if you go a savage wait till the end of may for the 4.6 RTR truck.

that Schumacher Menace looks off it's ****, looks basically like a 3 speed on road car with a .21, bigger tires and a pickup body, i wouldn't doubt the speed claims.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Chronic

Just my opinion so don't jump all over me for it... but I'd skip the Menace and concentrate on the Savage or MGT. The Menace is a very fast onroad vehicle disguised as a 4wd stadium truck. I've sen a few run and they are very fast if you have a looooong straight flat surface to run them on, but they don't look very impressive offroad. It's also belt drive and it has ball diffs, both of which can be hard to live with and not the most durable setups. If you want a really fast onroader that has the ability to also go offroad, then I would get a Jato 3.3

webdr, the engine in the MGT is not a Picco. It's a Thunder Tiger engine.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:55 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Get a GST 7.7, you won;t regret it!
Old 05-13-2007, 11:11 PM
CrazyMento

ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

oh ya.. again, I have the CEN GST 7.7 and its been awesome. Its very durable and fun. The engine is really torque, truck wheelies on demand, not to mention the size over the other 1/8 trucks. I enjoy my GST becasuse its the biggest and most powerful truck. Once you go with a big truck, you cant go back to smallers ones.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:20 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: CrazyMento

ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

oh ya.. again, I have the CEN GST 7.7 and its been awesome. Its very durable and fun. The engine is really torque, truck wheelies on demand, not to mention the size over the other 1/8 trucks. I enjoy my GST becasuse its the biggest and most powerful truck. Once you go with a big truck, you cant go back to smallers ones.
X2