RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage Body

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 09:26 AM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage Body

Ok guys, I've got a question for you. I'm considering buying a Savage .21 (don't try to convince me otherwise, it's the one I like), but there is something I can't understand. Everyone makes such a big deal about how much bigger the Savage is than the TMAXX, but then everywhere I turn it seems as though the bodies are interchangeable. I just can't figure out how that can be. Can someone explain that to me.

BTW: In case you haven't figured it out, I'm a bit of a newbie to r/ctrucks, just not r/c in general.
Old 02-23-2003, 02:49 AM
bueno_z

Default Savage Body

Yes the bodies are the same size, but take off the shell, and look at the A-arms tranny, skidplates frame, and motor. All of these components are a little larger.

By the way, good choice on the SAVAGE. I have had mine for three months now, and it is awsome!

Here is some advice, Put lock tight on the set screw located in the two speed tranny.
The set screw has a tendancy to back out.
Old 02-23-2003, 03:21 AM
Dlock

Default Savage Body

The dimensions of the two trucks are too drastically different, making it possible to switch around bodies and various other parts. The T Maxx has a width of 16.25in and the Savage is 16.79in. The wheelbase of the Maxx is 12in. and the Savage is 13.375in. Not a huge difference, but the Savage is definitely longer. Hope this helps....