Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Whats next?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats next?

Man this is so dumb IMO. Team Losi comes out with a new truck called the MEGA BAJA Nitro Monster.
Its a duplicate of the aftershock but with a baja body Pretty sad how losi, traxxas, ae do this stuff. I guarentee it wont be noticed.
http://www.teamlosi.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSB0013

This is just my oppinion though.
What do you think of it?
Old 05-01-2007, 03:10 AM
Alteramod

Default RE: Whats next?

I always liked the aftershock and still think its a good truck. I do think its dumb that they rename that one just cause of the body. Instead they should just make that body an option
Old 05-01-2007, 10:10 AM
jonnymac

Well I'll buy the body if it fits on my MGT. I wanted the proline one but it doesn't fit.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Alteramod

Hey jonny, you pry could get the proline one to fit. I bought a 1/10th scale chevy body from them made for a t-maxx and was told it wouldnt fit. I currently have it mounted on the truck with no problems...... its just shy of being as wide and about 1 inch shorter than the stocker mgt body.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:14 PM
jonnymac

Well I would like to hear of anyone that has tried it. I e-mailed proline and they said it doesn't but if anybody has got it to fit let me know as I really want a baja bug body. Otherwise I might just try this one. LST shells usualy fit
Old 05-01-2007, 07:56 PM
steven16

the guy above just said he did
Old 05-02-2007, 12:31 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Losi is well on their way to becoming the next Traxxas.

Which is probably their goal, because i'ts more profitable to sell newbies craptastic RTR's than high end kits

oh, and the Losi bug body will fit on the MGT. LST/MGT use the same size bodies.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:37 AM
Alteramod

The lst one would fit most likely. Like I said though the one I got everyone told me it wouldnt fit but I now have it mounted on my truck. Its not as wide or long as the stocker but still looks good on it. The side guards are slightly out farther than the body, which is my only complaint for the looks department. At the same time I like that cause it will save my body from stones and stuff like that.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:41 AM
jonnymac

ORIGINAL: steven16

the guy above just said he did
I don't think he did. I think he said he put another 1/10 body on his T-maxx. He was using it as an example. I never read 'Yes I tried the baja body on my MGT!!'
Old 05-02-2007, 03:45 AM
jonnymac

From what proline told me in their e-mail its the mounting positions that are wrong. The Revo 3.3 is nearest but the front mounts dont fit. I suppose i could get one and see about extending the mounts, but if the Losi one fits (which looks like it might) then I may as well go for that.
Cheers guys
Old 05-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Chronic

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Losi is well on their way to becoming the next Traxxas.

Which is probably their goal, because i'ts more profitable to sell newbies craptastic RTR's than high end kits
They didn't even change the tires. How many Baja Bugs have you ever seen wearing Boggers?... nice job, thanks Horizon/Losi.

That being said, other than the Tyco style decals, I actually like their Baja body and I would buy this over an Aftershock.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:49 AM
DaveG55

How is this any different from when HPI put a 4-wheeler body on the Savage 25 and called it something new???
It's no different than what most companies do. Look at 1:1 cars. Hundai & Kia are just the same vehicle with different bodies, Camero & Firebird were too and the only difference between the small Ford/Maxda SUV's is a name tag, you cannot even tell them apart from 100 feet.
If ya'll keep sweating the small stuff you'll just suck all the enjoyment from the hobby and may as well quit.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Chronic

The four wheeler Savage wasn't just a four wheeler body. The big deal there was the little dude that rode the four wheeler. That was a neat little novelty, this is just a new body. It wasn't too long ago that Losi fans were cracking jokes about HPI releasing a new Savage every few months. The thing is though... the Savages get better.

I'm really not sweating the small stuff here, because I don't care either way. I'm just joining in on the conversation.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:14 AM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: Chronic

I'm just joining in on the conversation.
Yep, me too.
I kinda like the body though. Wonder if it will fit the Savage. Maybe I'll get one and see. If not it should fit the LST 1, right?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:14 AM
jombo

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

How is this any different from when HPI put a 4-wheeler body on the Savage 25 and called it something new???
It's no different than what most companies do. Look at 1:1 cars. Hundai & Kia are just the same vehicle with different bodies, Camero & Firebird were too and the only difference between the small Ford/Maxda SUV's is a name tag, you cannot even tell them apart from 100 feet.
If ya'll keep sweating the small stuff you'll just suck all the enjoyment from the hobby and may as well quit.
they also changed the color of the shocks
, anyway losi needs to rethink their logic here. i think the moab tires would do the truck better
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49669.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	676519  
Old 05-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Chronic

Yeah, I want to get a clear one for my LST2. I'm not really a fan of 1:1 VWs, but I really like these little bug bodies for some strange reason.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:09 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: Chronic

They didn't even change the tires. How many Baja Bugs have you ever seen wearing Boggers?... nice job, thanks Horizon/Losi.

the only baja bugs i've seen in Ohio had boggers or thornbirds or something similar out back. Granted, there aren't a whole lotta baja bugs IN ohio in the first place (i've seen like 5 in Ohio in my entire life, not counting when I've been to Gravelrama:P)...but Silver Lake is only about a 4-5 hour drive from here[&:]

I think Pro-Line's and Parma's old Baja Bug bodies were a bit better executed though, without the bugeyed headlights on the fenders
Old 05-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Chronic

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

the only baja bugs i've seen in Ohio had boggers or thornbirds or something similar out back. Granted, there aren't a whole lotta baja bugs IN ohio in the first place (i've seen like 5 in Ohio in my entire life, not counting when I've been to Gravelrama:P)...but Silver Lake is only about a 4-5 hour drive from here[&:]

I think Pro-Line's and Parma's old Baja Bug bodies were a bit better executed though, without the bugeyed headlights on the fenders

Form follows function. The bugeyed headlights are required to clear the go-kart shocks that come on the Losi MTs.

Baja...in Ohio? Maybe poser baja style bugs and dune runners, but nobody in their right mind is going to go high speed desert running on a set of overweight bias ply Boggers. It's a small point with me, but they could have at least finished the theme that they started.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:40 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

I totally agree (but those bugs can bust through a mud hole pretty quick, actually) about the overall execution of that particular truck. I think it woulda been neat if they put the body on the Muggy instead with ribbed front tires, and paddles out back, like they did with the Mini-T (and they got the baja body right on the Mini-T, go figure:P)

Old 05-02-2007, 03:46 PM
jonnymac

I haven't found any 1/8 ribbed tyres either. Are there any?
Old 05-02-2007, 03:51 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Panther V-Rib

Imex Rib Dawg
Old 05-02-2007, 04:04 PM
jonnymac

[:-] ooooooh thanks. They will fit on maxx sized rims? Just need the bod now. I've wanted a 1/8 nitro baja bug for as long as I can remember lol. I'm kinda hoping proline will launch an LST/MGT one (they said they're planning it but god knows if the will release one or not) otherwise its the Losi one.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:22 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Yeah, far as I know those are std. Maxx-size tires