Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Think dale gets good deals??? Picked up a NIB Blackfoot for $173!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Think dale gets good deals??? Picked up a NIB Blackfoot for $173!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think dale gets good deals??? Picked up a NIB Blackfoot for $173!

I can't believe I won this, and for as cheap. A NIB, immaculate factory sealed (in plastic) Vintage Tamiya Blackfoot 58058 for $173.49 + NIB Futaba radio!!! If anyone tracks this stuff, the NIB Blackfoots usually go for $400+... I just saw a NIB blackfoot bodyset by itself go for $180! Good seller too, so no risk there.

You wanna know how I got it?

1. No gallery picture
2. Listing totally wrong- Ford F-150 Ranger Blackfoote w/ Furtaba Radio Control- it wouldn't come up in any searches

Hells ya!!! What a win. I just made $200 without lifting a finger!!! I don't know if I can actually bring myself to build it...

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260111658716#ebayphotohosting]NIP Blackfoot[/link]

Old 05-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Dale Gribble

Default RE: Think dale gets good deals??? Wait till you see this! Holy S$*T!

I don't think it's on their re-release schedule either. At least I hope it's not. Either way, $173 for the truck + radio set is as cheap as it would be if it was a new release.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Chronic

Default RE: Think dale gets good deals??? Picked up a NIB Blackfoot for $173!

HOW?!?

If I were to even stumble across a deal like that, it would probably get crushed in shipping or something. [&o]
Old 05-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Dale Gribble

This one was just dumb luck to be honest. First off to find it, and second to only have one other active bidder was pretty incredible. When the 30 second mark hit, I was expecting a barrage of bids, but it never happened. Good point on shipping. I am not in the clear yet... I am going to ask him to obviously pack the box in a larger box with shipping material all around it vs. just wrapping the box in brown paper.

So, should I build it, or just leave it in the box? I think I will open the box to make sure the kit is actually in there since I don't think NIP gets any more then NIB $$$ wise. I think I will keep it in the box for now, and then if there is a time it feels right to build it, I will.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Chronic

I would probably build it... then put it on a shelf, vowing to never ever drive it... then I would probably drive it, and of course, break it.

If you bought it just to flip for profit then obviously keep it in the box, but there's no way I could resist putting it on display if the plans were to hold onto it for a little while.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:41 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Man u got lucky on that!

If u open the box the value will drop considerably, But then again u could let Ur 5yr old be its first car, help out as a father son/daughter build, of course it would not be something fast just a bang around the house car, but it is rare so that is not gonna happen, i can't imagine Wat u would do to that? If it was me, save it as a rainy day project.

oh, i like the ebay user name, 88 burg.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:43 PM
iliketobreakthings

I do lots of buying and selling on eBay and just on spelling errors i have made close to $500.

People spell even the most common company/product names wrong all the time. If you are wise and search alll the different possiblites you can get some real killer deals. Just like dale did.

I got a $300 skateboard for $125 once. Then i put it back on eBay and sold it for $275. Gee that was easy

heres an example:

THERE ARE 2 X's IN TRAXXAS NOT ONE!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXAS-TMAXX_W0Q...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 05-01-2007, 11:50 PM
Dale Gribble

ORIGINAL: pythonfan

Man u got lucky on that!

If u open the box the value will drop considerably
Do you think? It probably would, but what if I buy an empty box that has been resealed and wouldn't know until I sold it to someone else to find out? It's not like the cellophane seal has some factory stamping or anything. How do I verify what's inside? Or do I take a stranger's word for it?
Old 05-02-2007, 12:17 AM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

I see Wat Ur saying but how do u reseal a box with cellophane? or u could find the original weight of the box, and then just weigh it to see if it matches up? but then again, ya i see ur point. hmmm..................? That's a thinker? i would just open it, assemble it and let it sit. Thats a classic you got there so be carefull with it.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:37 AM
TheDIESEL

Before you make fun of people miss spelling things. Make sure you spell things correctly. Check your spelling in your response to Chronic
Old 05-04-2007, 01:53 PM
Dale Gribble

How did anyone even make fun of someone miss spelling there Chief? I said that the person made a mistake on the listing and I got a great deal???!!! Where did we make fun of the person exactly????!!!!!

Holy crap, someone has WAY to much time on his hands. That's something to read something into the thread that doesn't exist and try and defend some nameless, faceless entity against an insult that never even happened! Wow, Good job! Anonymous people will sleep good tonight knowing that you are defending them against something someone said that was never even said. You must be a super hero.