Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Emaxxxxxxxx Upgrade

Old 02-24-2003, 06:57 PM
powerhungry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emaxxxxxxxx Upgrade

I really want to upgrade my EMAXX to the best motor possible. (of course possible means not too expensive.)

So I'm planning to get a super rooster ESC and a set of 3000mAh 9.6volt 8 cell battery from all batteries outlet (are they really good batteries?).

now.. what motor will allow me to run 9.6 volts?

Will the super rooster work with 2 8 cell batteries?? that's 16 cells... i don't know if the specs limit is total cells.. i think it's 10 cell limit.. if not, what other reversible ESC will I be able to use??

OR should I just run the stock motor with a 7 cell battery??

What gears should i be running for the best balance?
Old 02-24-2003, 07:07 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Default Re: Emaxxxxxxxx Upgrade

http://www.funrcboats.com/StoreEVX.htm Get this for your Emaxx, it is made to handle dual battery packs and better engines. This speed controller is only about 20$ more than a super rooster, but is worth it if you're using a emaxx. (mainly cuz it was built specifically for it)

Originally posted by powerhungry
I really want to upgrade my EMAXX to the best motor possible. (of course possible means not too expensive.)

So I'm planning to get a super rooster ESC and a set of 3000mAh 9.6volt 8 cell battery from all batteries outlet (are they really good batteries?).

now.. what motor will allow me to run 9.6 volts?

Will the super rooster work with 2 8 cell batteries?? that's 16 cells... i don't know if the specs limit is total cells.. i think it's 10 cell limit.. if not, what other reversible ESC will I be able to use??

OR should I just run the stock motor with a 7 cell battery??

What gears should i be running for the best balance?
Old 02-24-2003, 09:30 PM
powerhungry

It already has that ESC. I wanted to go better than a 19 turn.. that's why i'm looking at other ones..
Old 02-25-2003, 10:04 AM
XR2PROBE
My Feedback: (2)

AS FOR THE QUESTION ON THE 3000 MAH BATTERIES IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU ARE SET UP FOR, IF YOU ARE SET UP NI-CAD DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF BEING ABLE TO CHARGE .......NIMH.........BECAUSE MORE THEN LIKELY YOU'LL DO MORE HARM TO THE BATTERY THEN JUST CHARGING..........NI-CAD CHARGERS DONT HAVE THE ABILITY OF SENSING THE PEAK OF A NIMH BATTERY SO IT'LL JUST KEEP CHARGING UNTIL IT ( THE BATTERY) SELF TERMINATES...........SO TO SPEAK..AND JUDGING BY YOUR WALLET I DONT WANT TO SEE YOU GET BUMMED OVER THE WRONG BATTERY AS FOR THE ESC CASEYDDR HAS THE RIGHT IDEA
ID CHECK INTO IT
Old 02-25-2003, 01:19 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

please dont use caps/scream.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:03 PM
powerhungry

ohhhkay.. I have a NIMH charger, and judging by my wallet?? how'd you see my wallet? hehehe I'm looking to spend around 400 on the upgrades so i think i can handle it BUT i still want to save and still get the best..