Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

t-maxx 3.3, savage, or revo. need help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

t-maxx 3.3, savage, or revo. need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Townsley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-maxx 3.3, savage, or revo. need help

hey guys, im looking to get a monster truck. i woudl liek to have either the revo, t-maxx, or savage. i dont know wich is best for the best price. i would like some opinions from people who own them or would like to comment about them. whats their pros and cons? the t-maxx looks cool, but id like to know more about it and some others. please comment ur opinions and suggestion. =] thanks
Old 05-06-2007, 01:11 AM
xxx123

Default RE: t-maxx 3.3, savage, or revo. need help

you cant really go wrong with any one of these.

I had: Tmaxx 2.5..sold (as I need $$, still wants it back)..
I have: savage 25 and revo 2.5

You will hear people saying tmaxx breaks a lot.....ya di ya di...
But, i can tell you that traxxas are more user friendly with their ez start sytem..I have more run time on my tmaxx and revo than my savage...the savage has been a pain the bud due to their stupid roto start...

Anyway, u will get different opinion..but this is mine..

If u can afford a revo, buy it...if $$ is tight, get a tmaxx is also cool..

Dont think breakage is issue..unless u want to do some extreme..

Cheers
Old 05-06-2007, 04:11 AM
ttoks

the only problem with the traxxas starters is the ez start wires always end up breaking off of the starter motor, and the blue wire will eventually get sheared off from roll overs, you will need to know how to solder.

here is what i'v done about the ez start wires, the ez start is very user friendly, wont give you blisters, can give you headaches.

the revo is the better made truck out of the three, the savage is next after the revo because it's stronger, this is my opinion anyway, the revo is more stable and handles much better then the savage or t maxx, the savage is on par with the revo with durability, the t maxx has a lot of plastic on it, the revo does as well but the way it's designed everything is inside the chassis and is hard to break it, like no shock towers, the shocks arn't connected directly the the a arms, they're inside the chassis so practically no chance of running into something and bending a shock shaft.

the savage is the best basher of the lot, it's big and it's beefy, the revo is the best racer, it's light and agile, and the t maxx is somewhere, but not quite either.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59204.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	678655  
Old 05-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Townsley

cool, thanks guys. i might be bale to get a revo, it doesnt look as big or bulky as the t-maxx or savage though. i wanted a "monster" lol. but then again i hardly ever seen it run before.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Alteramod

Im not a fan of the t-maxx's, I just never had any luck with any of the 4 I owned. Some people have luck with them so idk. For me I would say look into these ones. Savage X (or X SS, which is a kit) Losi aftershock, losi lst2, monster gt, and I guess the newer Warheads arent to bad and they are fairly priced. Im a little edgy with duratrax stuff though. I personally have a mgt and for 369.99 its definatly a good buy.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Alteramod

ORIGINAL: ttoks

the savage is the best basher of the lot, it's big and it's beefy, the revo is the best racer, it's light and agile, and the t maxx is somewhere, but not quite either.
haha thats funny...... and no Im not being dumb I really think its funny cause its true.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:13 PM
xxx123

Oh one more thing, REVO has higher capability to race for official race among these 3.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:47 PM
atv_motocross#38

mmmmmmmmmmm. thats a good question. Revo is good, Savage is alright and the T-Maxx, well lets not go there. My friend has a Savage 25 and it works good, but its not much of a performance vehicle. Last week i saw it go and it was running very lean, around 290f and it was slow. My Aftershock on the other hand works great. Not wanting to change mind. The revo 3.3 is good, Savage X 4.6SS is also a good truck, i`m not a fan of the maxx
Old 05-07-2007, 03:46 AM
[email protected]

I have the savage X with a 3spd and its fast. I can pass a t-maxx 3.3 and give it a good butt kicking and I run about 260f temp. I also have the MGT with some up grades header and stock pipe with red springs all around and it handles very good and is very fast also takes a good beating. both trucks with all upgrades was still cheaper then the revo or t-maxx. and one more thing both trucks savage X mgt and losi aftershock are big and way cool. t-maxx and revo are small when side by side. the guy I run with has a t-maxx and wants to put it in the trash cuz it won't stay running had to replace the steering servo 3 times and two servo savers and has had a lot of problems with it. I was told the revo is much better. for the money I think the aftershock $359, savage X$399 and the MGT $369 are a better deal and more bang for your buck. The revo 3.3 is a good truck from what I read on the forum but the people at my LHS like the MGT and savage better for just back yard bashing.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:08 AM
ttoks

the savage can hit 40 mph on a good day with a good tune and the 3 peed installed, you can put bigger engines in them to make them go faster, but then if you wanted to go fast i'd just buy a revo, the qoncepts engine mount and an sts .30 or an os .30, insane speed with either.

out of the box the revo is the most versatile, you can go a big engine with beefier parts to bash with, or go a smaller engine (os .18 tm or something similar) with carbon fiber, aluminum and titanium parts to race with, or the extreme and go big engine like the sts .30, axial .32, os .30 and lighter parts (i swear to god that that is like strapping a large model rocket motor to a chicken) and have something that is as fast as all hell with the handling to use the power, the savage is big out of the box, it's stronger, but no matter how much money you put into it, it will never outdo a revo on the track, it just lacks the handling and speed, and it's to heavy.

if your willing to go something else the Team Losi LST2 is another good truck, a bit cheaper then the revo, it's lighter then a savvy (just), but heavier then a revo, but has the handling the savvy lacks (still won't handle as goos as a revo though), if you want the revo to be big, when you need to replace your tires go with 40 sires with mashers, and the extended wheelbase a arms.