Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage vs Aftershock

Old 05-12-2007, 03:30 PM
dark96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage vs Aftershock

Been looking thorugh the forum and cant really find a for sure answer on which would be better for bashing. any help or ideas will be greatful. thanks
Old 05-12-2007, 04:05 PM
HerrSavage

Default RE: Savage vs Aftershock

First of all, which Savage?

Secondly, what kind of "bashing" do you mean? More jumping off ramps, etc.., or just offroadin' in a gravel pit, or what??

From what I hear about the Aftershock, RPM arms all around are a must.

It's only my opinion, so no offense to others, but for bashing there's nothing better than a Savage X SS.... The AFT will handle better, and possibly have a higher top speed... But the Savage is definitely tougher, so better suited to big air, etc.. The Sav too - for what it's worth - is better for wheelies.. With a wheelie bar you can ride up and down the street doing a wheelie if you care about that kind of thing... Upgrades are practically limitless for the Sav too..

The AFT is Losi's cheapo MT platform which more or less requires upgrades right away to be made decently bashable.. Even the LST2 - though it IS proving to be tougher than I expected, so I have to give it some respect - I still don't think is Savage-tough...
Old 05-12-2007, 05:44 PM
[email protected]

I don't think you could go wrong with either, the aftershock gives a lot more for the price so upgrades to better arms is no big. The savage X is a great rc and I bought the savage over the aftershock only cuz the parts suport at my LHS. the aftershock has a better radio, two steering servos, monster shocks, and LST2 upgrades fit, all that for $359. savage X was $399 so both are a good deal I think.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:46 PM
KILL--ROY

Savage X all the way
Old 05-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Chronic

Wait a couple of weeks and you can get the new Savage X 4.6 RTR. HPI has stepped it up again with the toughest truck in RC, and they will now come with a .28 engine. It also has the up until now optional dual disc brake setup and this new engine comes with a rotostart setup too.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:16 PM
dark96

sorry i didnt specify, but it was the Savage X and ya mainly for jumping ramps and harsh driving...and through mud and such. all out hard core bashing. But reading all these post I think i will wait, not in the biggest rush, so i think i can wait for the end of may most likely. works well seeing as how my B-day is gonna be around that time Thanks again for all the help guys.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Slipracer

My neighbour just bought an Aftershock and it seems like a solid truck. I would have to agree with Chronic though, you should look at the savage x 4.6 rtr!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:13 PM
[email protected]

I bet the savage X 4.6 RTR is going to be up in price like $600.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:02 PM
HpiDrifter420

not its 449 on tower last i lookedhttp://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&P=SM&I=LXRYP0**