Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Just got my GST 7.7 in!

Old 05-18-2007, 04:02 PM
PetrolisTasty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my GST 7.7 in!

I'm breaking it in as we speak. So, I did the RPM A-arm upgrade, any other stuff I should look at? I want this thing to be pure all-out bashing. Should I do something with the turnbuckle or what?
Old 05-18-2007, 04:11 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Just got my GST 7.7 in!

Pics and vids..
Old 05-18-2007, 04:22 PM
PetrolisTasty

I don't have any video stuffs, but I'll take some pictures.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:56 PM
atv_motocross#38

Nice, I want one. Is it hard to pull over? I think it would be; the engine is huge!
Old 05-18-2007, 05:20 PM
PetrolisTasty

I just finished break-in. Took it out for a tank of fuel to the dam to try it out and see what I could do with it.

I didn't break anything yet and I had one BADDDDDDDD crash. I was crawling rocks and a rock fell. The GST went crashing down about eight feet till it mashed it's top against the ground. No damage. Still ran without problems.

Aside from that it got some great air and climbing. Very powerfull motor. You can feel it, the way it rockets off responcively and just watch how it conquers any task.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:26 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

after all that argueing you did with me in the other topic you didnt even have the truck yet????? and you called me ignorant!!!!!!! LOLOL what a joke!!!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_57..._2/key_/tm.htm
Old 05-18-2007, 07:09 PM
PetrolisTasty

If you bring the flames to any other topic I make, including this one, I'm reporting you.

Yes, I had it. I was tuning it.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:13 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: PetrolisTasty

If you bring the flames to any other topic I make, including this one, I'm reporting you.

Yes, I had it. I was tuning it.

Go ahead report me i haven cursed, i havent flamed anoyne.........you jsut talked so much garbage on that other topic and then i read this....LOL i just find it funny.......go ahead report me i havent done anything wrong..........next time dont be so rude to people on the forums........
Old 05-18-2007, 07:53 PM
HoldDaMayo
My Feedback: (1)

How's the turning on the GST? When you are driving at higher speeds and you turn does it understeer/oversteer/barrel roll?

I'm just curious because obviously the GST 7.7 is as good a basher as the LST2, i trust someone who ownz both trucks more than anything and JUCD VPR is the only person i've seen who makes sense without looking like a childish fanboy out to prove he knows it all.

I'm not interested in racing, but for the chance i took the truck to the track, i wouldn't want to get frustrated.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:05 PM
PetrolisTasty

At high speeds, unless you blip the brakes before you turn it, it barrel rolls. That IS really the only bad thing about the huge tires.

The servos are powerfull enough to clear most corners. On a huge basher like that, though, you can't expect it to be a racing-class turner. It'll DEFINITELY turn the truck in any terrain, though. As far as bashing.

I'm not saying that both trucks are purely for this, but..

GST eats LST2 and spits it out in bashing.

LST2 drives circles around GST at the track.

I'll say one more thing. Do NOT trust the dyno ratings for GST. This thing is an absolute beast in that aspect. It ATLEAST puts out a full four HP, if not the full five.
This thing will wheelie slightly and rocket off, spewing debris into your face and ramming through whatever terrain you put it in. It is definitely the best basher in it's scale. Period. Savages can't compare with this thing, especially with the A-arms replaced.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:14 PM
atv_motocross#38

Aww, come on! Stop the arguing. This is a nice forum to fix problems, help people, and mabey a little bragging on the side. If you want to argue, there are other ways to settle things. I dont want to take sides. I know that truck owners will always think theirs is the best. There have been days that it has almost ruined me and fire_racer17's great friendship. I want to say some more but like i said, im not taking sides.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:34 PM
MiamizFinest

At high speeds, unless you blip the brakes before you turn it, it barrel rolls. That IS really the only bad thing about the huge tires.

The servos are powerfull enough to clear most corners. On a huge basher like that, though, you can't expect it to be a racing-class turner. It'll DEFINITELY turn the truck in any terrain, though. As far as bashing.

I'm not saying that both trucks are purely for this, but..

GST eats LST2 and spits it out in bashing.

LST2 drives circles around GST at the track.

I'll say one more thing. Do NOT trust the dyno ratings for GST. This thing is an absolute beast in that aspect. It ATLEAST puts out a full four HP, if not the full five.
This thing will wheelie slightly and rocket off, spewing debris into your face and ramming through whatever terrain you put it in. It is definitely the best basher in it's scale. Period. Savages can't compare with this thing, especially with the A-arms replaced.
im just going to ask you one question and ill leave this whole topic alone BUT you better anwser me if you whant people to take you serously OK??? here goes

how many nitro cars have you owned??? im just curouse
Old 05-18-2007, 09:35 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

PetrolisTasty ~ Where did you buy the RPM arms?

HoldDaMayo ~ Thanks for the kind words, i try to keep all my opinions unbiased. The GST is the better basher of the two BUT I wouldn't say it chews up a LSt2 and spits it out lol, the LSt2 is a good basher as well, and like someone else said, it'll seriously run circles around a GST at the track. Speed wise, GST is also a little faster, but i think the LSt2 has a better hole shot speed, still testing them so I can't say for sure yet. GST definately has more Torque. LST2 is almost as big as a GST but man can it fly well, very easy to control in the air, do backflips etc etc. Overall both great truck and top of the line MT's. Which one would I raher have.....? To close to call unless I had a specific classification like racing or bashing and THAT is why I have both lol.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:38 PM
PetrolisTasty

I've owned one R/C road car before.

I've never had a nitro truck. Now, you're asking this because you read my topic about me being new to nitro monsters and needing some recommendations on fuel, ect ect. Very childish way to try to make a point that LST2 outbashes GST.

Now. If you say one more thing even remotely close to a flame, I'm reporting you.

Jucd, I got em off of Ebay. Couldn't find anything like that at my hobby shop.

Man, you've bashed them both. You know how much better GST is for bashing. The huge tires, great shocks, AWESOME torque, ect ect... These are all features pointing to a truck born to be busted into tiny pieces and then fixed and busted again!

Yeah. LST2 DOES dominate GST at the track, but it gets spanked at the basher's pit. I'm not saying that LST2 is absolutely horrible, I'm saying that GST is just an awesome basher.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:43 PM
JUCD VPR

As far as fuel is concerned. My GST likes either 20 or 30%. Byrons is good fuel if you can get it.
Cool I'll look on e-bay for them!

Miami ~ I've owned over 15 MT's, thats not counting all the other class of RC's, and I was the one who said your comments in the other thread was pure ignorance.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:47 PM
PetrolisTasty

I heard Byrons is good and so is Sidewinder. But, I want this thing to last and last. How many gallons of O'donnels could you run through it before the engine croaked?

(Running 20%.)

Old 05-18-2007, 09:50 PM
JUCD VPR

O'Donnels is good fuel as well. I have no idea how long before the engine croaks. I know I have about 1 1/2 gallons through mine so far. I'm sure it'll last a while, no need to worry about that for a long time.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:53 PM
PetrolisTasty

I heard Python ran 12 through a similar engine and is still running fine, so, yeah. I suppose.

I've noticed something about it. When you do a sharp turn it doesn't tend to barrel roll all the way, just barely lift the apposing wheels. Very stable for tires that size.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:02 PM
JUCD VPR

Man, you've bashed them both. You know how much better GST is for bashing. The huge tires, great shocks, AWESOME torque, ect ect... These are all features pointing to a truck born to be busted into tiny pieces and then fixed and busted again!

Yeah. LST2 DOES dominate GST at the track, but it gets spanked at the basher's pit. I'm not saying that LST2 is absolutely horrible, I'm saying that GST is just an awesome basher.
Yes your right I have bashed them both and the GSt is a better basher, but it isn't by as much of a landslide as your referring to. Yes it definately bashes harder but man the LST2 can take a beating as well! As soon as my LST2's new spur gear comes in i'll make a bash video of the LST2
On the subject of shocks ~ LSt2 has AWESOME shocks, much better then the GST shocks. I have yet to mess up the LSt2's shocks, but the GST i blew the shock caps off two the other day making my video. Not saying the GST shocks are bad at all but the LST2 shocks are definately better. In the end both trucks are freaking awesome. I think Miami is taking offence because you don't own, nor have you driven a LST2, and your making alot of aqusations (sp?) just as he dosen;t own a GST, and is doing the same. Having a friend who owns one and let you drive a truck once, can NOT tell you how the truck performs, you have to own the trucks and equally test them on the same terrain and bash them the same way to get an accurate assumption of what areas they perform better in. Thats just my .02 cents. It is pointless to argue with someone over which is better when you only know and own one of the two trucks your arguing about.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:05 PM
JUCD VPR

I heard Python ran 12 through a similar engine and is still running fine, so, yeah. I suppose.

I've noticed something about it. When you do a sharp turn it doesn't tend to barrel roll all the way, just barely lift the apposing wheels. Very stable for tires that size.
Yah, but you can't ever tell all engines are made different and no one has really owned and ran a GST long enough to test out the life of this engine, but in time we will know. Yah it is actually very stable for a truck it's size, i was also suprised. Like you said it just lifts and balloons that opposing wheel and holds stable.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Chronic

I've owned one R/C road car before.

I've never had a nitro truck.

LST2 DOES dominate GST at the track, but it gets spanked at the basher's pit. I'm not saying that LST2 is absolutely horrible, I'm saying that GST is just an awesome basher.

I'm not trying to be a complete A-hole here, but how do you know that the GST "spanks" the LST2? Dude, there is basically ONE guy here that agrees with that statement, and he hasn't even owned either of the trucks for very long. You keep going on and on about 5hp too... just give that one up too.

Enjoy your new truck and good luck with it.... I'd like to read your review of it after you actually have some experience to base one on.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:31 PM
PetrolisTasty

Jucd: Yeah. That's another advantage over the Savage X. It'll roll in a second.

A few other observations:

The GST seems to roll ALL the way back to it's wheels when it rolls, not get stuck.

It's very responsive in the air. I mean VERY. Especially to brakes.

Angry person: I know that because I've seen people run their LST2's at the track, bump a wheel the wrong way and boom. Gotta fix that. You can just tell that it's five horsepower. If you owned one and had driven it you can just kind of feel the power. It's like that weird feeling you get when a train passes by, but on a smaller scale. (Odd thing is, trains are electric. Generators can do many things.) Because of the fact that this is my second nitro vehicle doesn't mean that I'm unexperienced. I would classify unexperienced as having never ran an R/C or repaired one. Now.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:34 PM
burningpoo

what does only have owned a few cars or trucks got to do with anything. theres only one point to the hole thing and that's to have some fun and brag some like dude said before me. i'm here for help because i've been out of the sport for years and getting back in. not knowing much don't mean a thing, haveing some fun and getting the help you need from people nice enough to type this stuff out is what it's all about.

stop crying...it's only a game
Old 05-18-2007, 10:40 PM
JUCD VPR

I've owned my GST since February and the LST2 for about a month.
Knowing what your talking about IS IMPORTANT, that way your not spewing false info about trucks, just because you have a specific truck and think it's the best, biased opinions are retarded and shouldn't even be listened to. I never care what type or brand the truck is, who cares, if it's a bad***** truck, then i'm going to say that and give you the good AND the bad points on every truck I own without being biased towards another. My favorite is my 1/5 scale FG MT, but that dosen;t mean it's the best, it just means thats the one I enjoy the most.

Chronic is right though, you can;t say the GST completely spanks a LSt2 in bashing, if you've never owned one much less even driven one. It's a one sided opinion and biased. Just my .02 cents again lol
Old 05-18-2007, 10:45 PM
PetrolisTasty

I've driven one a good few times, too. My friend Alex got me involved into trucks in the first place with his LST2. He's constantly got to repair parts. GSt, first time driving, mostly catching air off of a plywood ramp. No breaks yet. Little rock crawling and a hill climb or two.

No. It's not one-sided or biased.

I don't like GST because it has that name, I like it because I've driven is and it is IMO the best basher in it's scale.

If it was biased I would like it because it's made by Cen or such.

Now, you say that GSt and LST2 are equal bashers but that LST2 absolutaly tramples GST in a track. Sounds biased and one sided to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.