Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

wheelies...the highway to heaven

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

wheelies...the highway to heaven

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 06:32 AM
MAXXBASHER4345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheelies...the highway to heaven

i have a trick t-maxx.....ported trx and ported cvec exhaust..stiff rear suspension but no wheelies............i know i have the power cause my trx turbo smokes my cvr...............ne ideas on how to get this thing to lift off?
Old 03-01-2003, 07:22 AM
destroy454

Default wheelies

i have the same problem. i want wheelies too! my trx .15 isnt ported though. i talked to a guy at a hobby shop and he told me to put a 16 tooth clutch bell on it and it probably will wheelie. i have a 17 tooth, but i havent tried it yet. let me know what works for u.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:55 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Well wheelies are more about traction and weight transfer than about pure power! If you can set the truck at a level of imbalance, any slight application of torque to the rear wheel will cause it to lift the front.

See if you can shift more weight to the back and move the imaginary wheelie fulcrum close to the back wheel.
Adding wieght behind the rear wheel will achieve the same effect, but please remember that more weight=less performance!

I would try to shift weight around (reciever battery and stuff like that) back some.
ram
Old 03-02-2003, 04:54 AM
psycooclimber

You dont need to buy anything for your car. all you need to do is tap the gas then floor it,Quickly.practice makes perfict.
btw...if you put big tires an the back it is possable to do a back flip off a curb and land on all fours.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:45 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

ive even seen some front flips with 1/8 buggies a way to get more wheelies is to put harder springs on the shocks, so they dont soak all the force.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:48 AM
MAXXBASHER4345

u guys dont understand......i cant gear it to low because the enormas power output on this trx turbo.....i stripped numerous gear....i get NO traction..all wheel spin....and its heavy enough..trust me.ill try the blip then wot thing when i get the thing runnin again
Old 03-02-2003, 07:14 PM
Bonefrost
My Feedback: (6)

Cuz I think thems is mostly kids at hobbytown!D'OH!
Samething at mine.