Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

SAVAGA low speed needle setting

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

SAVAGA low speed needle setting

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 06:28 PM
Easy rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAVAGA low speed needle setting

Savage owners: I have a problem with the low speed needle factory setting.
The manuel says that it schould be at 3 and a 1/2 turns from fully closed. But when I fully close the LSN it's almost completely gone into the carb. Then I turn the needle to the left for 3 and a 1/2 turns (factory setting ?) it still is set to lean I thinck.
because when I fire the engine up I can't get it to iddle. the engine just revs up and engages the wheels. When I give a little trottle the engine dies. I just can't get the SAVAGE to iddle without engaging the wheels
It iddles great when I hit the brakes but on iddle the engine just revs up !!
Can you help me :drowning:
Old 03-06-2003, 10:26 PM
AdamB
My Feedback: (9)

At the time of this writing for me, I am sitting in a hotel on business trip and don't have the liberty of checking my savage manual. However, I believe you have to set the mid speed valve first (do this with slide carb open), 3 1/4 turns rich of fully seated. Then, close the slide carb and seat the low speed valve needle. It won't go in as far now, since it'll hit (lightly) the mid speed valve needle. Then 3 1/2 turns rich and you'll be back to factory setting.

Also, make sure you check your idle screw, which is little screw on top.

BTW, when I say X x/x turns rich from seated, I mean full turns from seated counter clockwise.

A cheap way to tell if you're too lean on bottom end is once you get it running, pinch your fuel line, if it stalls instantly you are too lean. If the engine speeds up before stalling, probably not lean, and should check your idle screw adjustment.

Hope this helps you.

AdamB
Old 03-06-2003, 10:51 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

TSK TSK TSK.. SCrew work.. Ma brotha needs help with a samage mon!!
LOL
Your like me eh? Check RCU before and after doing anything?
I'm addicted to this damn page.. My home page is set here lol
ram
Old 03-07-2003, 12:33 AM
AdamB
My Feedback: (9)

Hey Ram, not to get too far off the point of David's original question.....

But yes, the thought of being away from home and the girlfriend and the dog and the heli and the savage and everything else isn't too bad, but the thought of being out of contact with the internet...... unbearable.

And yes, lately, besides checking the email and such, this is the site I'm on the most.

Crazy or not???

AdamB