Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

new engine for my mgt

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Snaut Rocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new engine for my mgt

Lookingfor a new engine for my mgt. nothing exspensive or fancy. I was looking at the axial 28 and the mach 427.
I heard good stuff about the axial but is the mach 427 a drop in with the mgt. doo i need to use the team losi flywheel and clutch system. any info will be great. And please dont give me suggestions of other engine like the sts or the novarossi.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:32 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: new engine for my mgt

LRP 28 is a good engine..ill get that before the axial imo.u can use ur stock clutch set up..everything is bolt on .
Old 07-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Snaut Rocket

i dont want the lrp im afraid its to much power for my tranny.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:33 PM
duckedup

IMO - Any SH based motor.. -or- a STS D28M, hard to beat for the price, and lots of power..
Old 07-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Snaut Rocket

but can the mgt's tranny take that much power. like will i be stripping gears.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:09 PM
duckedup

It'll be fine.. you already have the FOC installed right? diffs shimmed? with those 2 things done, you're not really going to have any more issues than you would normally.. Just make sure the slipper is set correctly (or get the RRP slipper) and you'll be ok...
Old 07-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Missing Pieces

I can say that a fresh Axial .28 sp 1 is a beast, this thing rips, I'll let you know in a week or two, after a gallon or so how it's doing.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Snaut Rocket

any comments on the mach 427. Is this a good reliable engine. Does it hold a tune. does it have as much punch as .28
Old 07-18-2007, 12:32 PM
[email protected]

I have the lst2 and the engine IMO is great it will beat any one of my stock trucks with out breaking a sweat. I do think the LRP is the better choice cause it is made to drop right in, also has good power from what I have read. I think the mach 427 is the best engine in a RTR truck and you can get them cheap.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:28 PM
jonnymac

I've got the mach and its a good engine, tunes well and will pop the front wheels in the air no problem.
Mine runs a little hot but I think its my fuel as my buggy runs hot too and the only common factor is the fuel.
For $50 cheaper than an LRP its a steal. The LRP is better but this engine is not a million miles behind.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Snaut Rocket

what percentage of nitro you run.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:31 PM
duckedup

The Mach is a good engine (and made by SH/Golden Lion).. it revs high and has more HP than the stock TT28, it has slightly less torque though (not much, only about 3oz less).. it's a great motor for the price.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:32 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just wrote this in another forum...

I would say the two ideal bashing engines are:

1.) Mach 427 - cheap, easy as *censored* to break in and tune, and powerful, especially on high end(for a bashing engine) It surprises me how it throws my big heavy LST2 around like a ragdoll. Should be absolutely perfect in a Savage.

2.) Axial 28 Spec 1S - cheap, easy as *censored* to break in and tune, and powerful, especially on the low end.. With a 3-speed and the Axial, my Savage is about as fast as a stock LST2. Wheelies all day long, lots of fun. I love the ease of use, price, and for bashing, the power.

Yes, I like both because I have both and both have been extremely good to me.. Going from a .21 to either of these should be eye-popping as far as power, as well as dead-easy to break in and tune. Plus they're cheap and easy to get(there are new Mach 427's all over e-bay from Muggys, LST2's, and 8T's, and every shop in the world seems to have Axials... www.smfstore.com for ex..)

For the MGT I would stongly consider the Axial 32 as well...

My next engine will be an LRP Spec 3 cuz I want to see what a bit more power is like, though to be honest, for bashing, I don't really need more than what I have... And yeah, I think the Axial and Mach are right at the limit where if you go beyond that with power you have to start doing a lot of other upgrades to deal with it...

Just my op...