marksofna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check out this rc repair site

i was browsing and ran into this site http://mmrcrepairs.icareerkit.com
Old 07-25-2007, 06:38 AM
duckedup

Default RE: check out this rc repair site

hmm.. I'm guessing the customer pays shipping both ways, + $10 minimum, + $25/hr, so that's going to be around $70 minimum (give or take) just to have your car/truck checked out / fixed!?!? [X(] .... I'm sure business is really gonna' take off for them! LOL
Old 07-25-2007, 09:21 AM
SOILWORK

No thanks, I will do all my own work, that way I will know it's going to get done right.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:40 AM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SOILWORK

No thanks, I will do all my own work, that way I will know it's going to get done right.

i agree completely.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:35 AM
DaveG55

Cripes that's expensive!!! And what if they don't fix the problem? You're either out the cash or w/o the truck for who knows how long. And what if the only problem is a tuning issue?? Any "repair" made would just be good untill the next weather change - assuming their weather was anything like yours in the first place.
I thik I'll stick to my own repairs too. Even if I don't get it fixed on the first try I still learn something and the truck's not miles away and I can still try again and still have less cash in the repair than with those people.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:24 AM
[email protected]

my hobby shop puts planes together and will fix rc car trucks, no boats[:'(] and starts at 25 an hour. I also get free advice from them all the time, that is the beauty of the local hobby shop.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Suprachrgd82

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

Cripes that's expensive!!! And what if they don't fix the problem? You're either out the cash or w/o the truck for who knows how long. And what if the only problem is a tuning issue?? Any "repair" made would just be good untill the next weather change - assuming their weather was anything like yours in the first place.
I thik I'll stick to my own repairs too. Even if I don't get it fixed on the first try I still learn something and the truck's not miles away and I can still try again and still have less cash in the repair than with those people.

I have to agree that for the costs, the service is rather pricey. This is considering that many books you can buy on RC tuning and reparations costs less than an hours worth of work. Even many magazine subscriptions are less than $25 per year and offer tuning tips, upgrade information, new products, etc. Additionally, many folks are into the hobby (hence the title "hobby" ) for the enjoyment of working on their RCs.
The only reason I could see having the service if RC repair would be if I was a pro racer and needed a pit crew.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Nick2618

The site looks very quickly made with little thought. I would not trust them to send the truck back lol.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:45 PM
Snaut Rocket

And they can take as long as they want. let see 2 weeks at 25 and hour. considering opend till 9 to 5 monday fru friday. jeez thats 2000 dollars if they take 2 weeks to do it.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Missing Pieces

They are just in the market to grab a buck from the rich folk, that don't really know what this hobby is all about. If it wasn't for the fixing my cars and truck, I wouldn't have anything to do on sunday after the NASCAR race is over. I personally would never be interested in haveing somebody else put thier hands on my stuff.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:12 PM
marksofna

well i went back mmrcrepairs.icareerkit.com and it says they have a pretty quick turn around rate and specials on pricing too! what do you think?
Old 07-26-2007, 03:29 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: marksofna

well i went back mmrcrepairs.icareerkit.com and it says they have a pretty quick turn around rate and specials on pricing too! what do you think?
I think that pretty much everybody that has responded agrees that it's a poor idea.

Just so you understand what I think I'll make it very clear.

NO, DO NOT SEND THEM YOUR TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO THE WORK YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!