Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

monster truck frame.

Old 03-14-2003, 06:17 AM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default monster truck frame.

After a thought, dad and i are looking into building a LARGE R/C monster truck, powered by a quadra 53 by chance. We were thinking of using steel "conduet" not sure if i spelt it right. But has anyone tried it or know of a pattern i could use to build this large frame, i would like to build a frame like a real monster truck, but its a thought right now.
Gyro
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	62858_12852.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	38550  
Old 03-14-2003, 01:30 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

If its pretty big (like 1/4 sclae) thin (conduit) from home depot will work. If it will be smaller brake line for real cars will work better. The frame design is pretty simple. the sides are flat and joined by cross tubes. The suspension links attach at the bottom protruding parts. Look at a txt-1 frame its a pretty good model. Steering tie rods from a gokart work good for suspension links. For diff cases/axles your on your own ive never solved that my self
Old 03-14-2003, 02:44 PM
Dago Red

thanks for the info, it helps. ive cruised looking at frames and realized that i have a model monster truck that i could use to build from, but its not that great of a model. thanks again,
Gyro
Old 03-23-2003, 11:57 PM
Dago Red

I got the front stearing, came from a golf cart, now to find the rear end, i have a freind that owns a favor, so we told him hes gonna weld my truck frame toghether when i get all the peices cut. need to find the engine too, or use my 18 HP twin to power it, depends on the finishing weight