Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

warhead

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 04:54 PM
danal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warhead

alright, i hbought the warhead evo rtr . broke it in per insturctions and started tuning. once it started running right or close to right it decided to take off on its own wide open throttle. figured it was the radio system as they sometimes with rtrs are pretty cheap. bought jr xs3 1400 nimh battery and duratrax failsafe. set all of this new stuff up and on my first run it did the same thing and slammed my tire on my jeep and broke the shock tower. ANYONE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Old 08-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Snaut Rocket

Default RE: warhead; p.o.s.?

Well your first mistake was getting a warhead. Is your carb getting stuck when you give it full throttle.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:31 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: danal

alright, i hbought the warhead evo rtr . broke it in per insturctions and started tuning. once it started running right or close to right it decided to take off on its own wide open throttle. figured it was the radio system as they sometimes with rtrs are pretty cheap. bought jr xs3 1400 nimh battery and duratrax failsafe. set all of this new stuff up and on my first run it did the same #%%$@in thing and slammed my tire on my jeep and broke the shock tower. ANYONE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Buy a failsafe and put on a throttle return spring.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:43 PM
SOILWORK

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

Well your first mistake was getting a warhead. Is your carb getting stuck when you give it full throttle.
Funny you say that..because buying a warhead was my first big mistake in the world of rc

oops! I'm sorry..I meant to say crackhead or warheadache
Old 08-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Snaut Rocket

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

alright, i hbought the warhead evo rtr . broke it in per insturctions and started tuning. once it started running right or close to right it decided to take off on its own wide open throttle. figured it was the radio system as they sometimes with rtrs are pretty cheap. bought jr xs3 1400 nimh battery and duratrax failsafe. set all of this new stuff up and on my first run it did the same #%%$@in thing and slammed my tire on my jeep and broke the shock tower. ANYONE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS?

he says it right in the post that he bought a fail safe.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:12 PM
megamaxx

my wifes warhead used to do the same thing,simple fix,a return spring.and i am sorry i have to defend the warhead here its not a total parts availability is what kills this truck.it performs well considering who makes it,and its tuff,take a t-maxx w.o.t. into something,betcha break more than a shock tower
Old 08-26-2007, 07:22 PM
atv_motocross#38

Buy new swich. Bet you all 5 bucks it will work.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:26 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

he says it right in the post that he bought a fail safe.

So he did, my bad. still need a trs though. Weather he finds the cause of the issue or not.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:39 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: warhead

Throttle return springs are good if your battery on the RX dies, not much else. I mean if you have a radio issue, and the servo wants that carb open, its gonna open.... Failsafes are only good if you lose signal, or have a low battery. And if the failsafe is good, it'll stop the truck if someone jumps on your channel. Check the switch, and the battery. I recently had a couple bad batteries in my LST2. Battery bars breaking, leaving me chasing glitches like crazy. I finally found the issue after cutting the shrinkwrap off the battery. The second pack i had, lasted less than a few laps at the race track. It may not be the issue, but its worth a shot. If it is the battery, you'll likely be able to see it glitch by turning on the radio, and truck, and handling the battery. Just move the pack around in your hand. If it has a bad connection, you'll see the glitch then. Atleast thats what my last 2 packs did to me.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:06 PM
danal

Default RE: warhead

thanx guys