Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

savage meets ford ranger

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 02:25 AM
CHEVY 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage meets ford ranger

saturday was the first day I really ran the savage hard .I have now ran 12 tanks of fuel thru it,and It is now just starting to really run strong. I did have a close call though.I was running the savage around the yard,when I thought it would be cute to drive it around the garage and come out the other way.Which it would be out of site for a couple of seconds.Little did I know that my friend had moved his ford ranger there.I got have way around then I heard a crash. (getting sick just thinking about it) I could here it running but it would not respond. I ran around the garage
to find it wedged up under the front of his truck.It took me a little while to get it out,because the front wheels got locked up over the drag link of his truck some how.And the pittman arm was jammed in the front of my savage.It was not looking good but I did get it out.I got lucky,It ripped the truck body right off the keeper pins,broke one front shock and that was it!!!!!!!....I hit that truck at least doing 3/4 throttle or better...Drove it the rest of the day with 3 shocks on the front and my truck body flappin in the breeze..............tuff truck!!!!!!!! savage rules
Old 03-18-2003, 02:47 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

24mph crash and it broke? thats durability for ya!!

/sarcasm off
Old 03-18-2003, 03:06 AM
dainjarouz

YEAH! I love those trucks that crash head on at 3/4 throttle and don't break anything!!

"sarcasm off"
Old 03-18-2003, 03:52 AM
caseyddr

Originally posted by dainjarouz
YEAH! I love those trucks that crash head on at 3/4 throttle and don't break anything!!

"sarcasm off"
not only does this make no sense, but shows idiocy afloat also.. saying you had sarcasm in a statement about trucks taht dont break, it jus kinda stands out..
Old 03-18-2003, 07:19 AM
dainjarouz

What I said had nothing to do with trucks that dont break...I was making fun of your post, genius.
Old 03-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Alteramod

yea thats still pretty fast....... lets see...... hmm.... I dont have the right kinda of calculator to figure this out and I have to go but that would be like geting in a voltswagon rabbit doing somewhere around 130-180 and running into REAL monstertruck.
Thats the scall size anyways Please tell us the real figure if you can but mine will just give you an idea.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:04 PM
caseyddr

throwing somethign scale size is just an excuse for it to break and an excuse for poor driving. I mean come on you drove it outta site...
Old 03-18-2003, 10:18 PM
CHEVY 2

It is nothing to do with poor driving skills beleive me..If you aint breakin nothing, then you just plain are not driving your m/t very hard..plain and simple....savage rules

So your telling me you have never let your truck get out of site
for a couple of seconds?....If you say no you are probaly not telling the truth.....Thats a fact
Old 03-19-2003, 01:29 AM
caseyddr

no sorry man I know to keep my stuff in site
Old 03-19-2003, 01:55 AM
CHEVY 2

what ever.........
Old 03-19-2003, 02:00 AM
caseyddr

lol sorry you dont believe me.. alot of people here probably havent done it either.
Old 03-19-2003, 02:14 AM
CHEVY 2

I just find it hard to believe that you NEVER let your truck out of site.When you are playing in a big area something has to get between you and your truck once in a while. The hill you just launched off of or going around things.We run are trucks in a spot in the local strip mines that we have cleared off.But I dont think I go 5 minuets with out loosing site of my truck.Now I do slow down when this happends.Where do run your truck? on a flat level surface?I dont think it would be any fun at all with out a little challenge...what kind of truck do you have anyway? It really dont matter I was just wandering,they are all fun.And its just like real vehicels,everyone has there preference..ford,dodge,chevy,ect,ect......
Old 03-19-2003, 02:21 AM
caseyddr

Originally posted by CHEVY 2
I just find it hard to believe that you NEVER let your truck out of site.When you are playing in a big area something has to get between you and your truck once in a while. The hill you just launched off of or going around things.We run are trucks in a spot in the local strip mines that we have cleared off.But I dont think I go 5 minuets with out loosing site of my truck.Now I do slow down when this happends.Where do run your truck? on a flat level surface?I dont think it would be any fun at all with out a little challenge...what kind of truck do you have anyway? It really dont matter I was just wandering,they are all fun.And its just like real vehicels,everyone has there preference..ford,dodge,chevy,ect,ect......
I run in my backyard and the church yard next doors, tons of hills, even got a ramp that goes over the bushes.. its very hilly but also very grassy... thats why im getting the brushless system for my truck. I mean if you count running a tree losing vision then i guess but I wont run behind a 15foot garage because I just dont know whats on the other side with my little sister and dad constantly moving stuff around. Id say the area i drive in is about 4-5 acres.. Not a bad size lot with lots of natural hills and jumps. also some jumps i put dirt over for it.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:23 AM
Alteramod

Well what CHEVY did wasnt a bad thing I mean it takes about 5 seconds to cross over plus....... he didnt know that his friend moved his ranger there.

CHEVY its all your friends fault make him pay for anything that happend to it lol..... j/k.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:42 AM
CHEVY 2

I take care of my truck,but I dont ***** foot it around neither.It is just amazing what they will do.I would have seen him if he would have pulled up a couple of seconds sooner or later cause I was just standing there right before he pulled up.But any way I am going to hang up the body of the torn up savage up on my wall of shame in the garage. live and learn.....lol

And it probaly wont be the last one I destroy...
Old 03-19-2003, 03:44 AM
CHEVY 2

Dang,didnt know you cant say that word.....
Old 03-19-2003, 03:46 AM
Alteramod

Thats really bothering me I cant figure out what the word is, whats the 1st 2 letters?
Old 03-19-2003, 03:52 AM
Alteramod

Oh...... hmm well now I can sleep now....... 200th post woot......
Old 03-19-2003, 04:30 AM
caseyddr

these boards are for everybody, children and old alike, You should be mature enough at least not to use those words.. At least refrain from them for now on.. they offend alot of people even if you dont think so. Thanks
Old 03-19-2003, 04:56 AM
CHEVY 2

Well If you read what I said, you will see It was taken out of context....what I said was not nasty at all.....Out of all the cus words I read in here, you cry about that word? Kids here worse on the school bus.....give me a break,I have not typed a single nasty word since ive been posting here.So dont tell me about being mature...night kiddies
Old 03-19-2003, 04:58 AM
caseyddr

Originally posted by CHEVY 2
Well If you read what I said, you will see It was taken out of context....what I said was not nasty at all.....Out of all the cus words I read in here, you cry about that word? Kids here worse on the school bus.....give me a break,I have not typed a single nasty word since ive been posting here.So dont tell me about being mature...night kiddies
the above says all about your maturity this is a 'family' site, just please dont curse
Old 03-19-2003, 05:18 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

i guess you can t cant say *****cat either .........casey how do you not lose site of your car? i mean you must drive at 5mp and walk behind it or something j/k i lose site of mine all the time and dotn crash cause of it.....i crash for other reasons....most of them i can see
Old 03-19-2003, 05:23 AM
caseyddr

I mean where am I going to go to lose site of it? I run in a huge lot of grass with lots of hills.. I jus stand in the center and if i need to turn i turn.. no big deal lol I never knew i was supposed to lose sight of it
Old 03-19-2003, 05:49 AM
gidzila

Not that i want to get involved in any kind of flame war...just not me, but one thing i have noticed from all the posts on this forum is that Casey seems to have a real problem with the Savage. Honestly, ppl can't post a msg about how good they find the Savage without him putting in some kind of comment. In fact, if i'm not mistaken, he doesn't seem to respect anyone who doesn't own his truck, or hold his views.

So, I guess he'll quote my msg up and have some kind of reply about whatever i have to say isn't important or is meaningless :P .

BTW, still love the savage, although after running more tanks thru my maxx, it's closin in fast on the savage .
Old 03-19-2003, 05:57 AM
caseyddr

you obviously dont read all my posts And I never said I had a real problemw ith the savage, Just like anybody else I am siding with what I prefer and find to be better in my personal opinion. Your obvious ploy to try and get me to flame you is silly though Like I've said, RC Nitro proved everything I have said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.