Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Callout to Houston Monster Truck Bashers

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Callout to Houston Monster Truck Bashers

Old 09-17-2007, 09:34 PM
brian4558

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Callout to Houston Monster Truck Bashers

I'm in Spring, Tx and looking for places to run besides my backyard. Anyone meet on the weekends?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:50 AM
tashspop
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Callout to Houston Monster Truck Bashers

there is supposed to be some parking lot bashing going on somewhere off of 1960, but i have went out there yet. the people out at larry's hobbies told me about it. other than that, i would also like to know. i know there is or was a track somewhere in spring also if you want to run on that. the guys at larry's should be able to give you directions there too.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:04 AM
snellemin

There is a dragrace every second sunday at Track 21 on Highway 6. It's a run what cha brung type of thing. As of offroad bashing, I haven't found a place either that is near spring.

This is a [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6375575/anchors_6375575/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#6375575]link[/link] to last Sundays Test and Tune. Lost of people showed up. I'll email you a flyer if you are interested.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:44 PM
brian4558

Yea, one of the guys at Larry's told me they meet up on sundays in the Hobby Lobby parking lot. The only one I know of is off kykendahl. I get donuts for the kids every sunday at the Shipleys there but haven't seen anyone running rc's. If you hear of anything let me know. Snellemin, send me a flyer for track 21. It's off hwy 6? The pics on your link look like that would be a blast. I've be thinking of building a dragster for my next project (looking up grandmotorsports.com and such), maybe I could bring the ol' lady and get her talked into lettin me take it on. email is [email protected] when you get a chance.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:55 PM
snellemin

Hey Brian,

I'll email you the flyer when I get home tonite. Towerhobbies will sell some rebadged bolinks soon...[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0091P?&P=SM&C=CAD&V=RJS]Check these out[/link]
Old 09-20-2007, 09:02 AM
brian4558

That looks like a great buy. I was thinking of going nitro though. Can't beat the smell, sound, and power of a big block nitro ready at the line to make a pass. I have the 30th marked on my calender, thanks for the tip.