Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Dont ya just hate them darned pesky little kids!!???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Dont ya just hate them darned pesky little kids!!???

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 01:38 AM
duckedup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dont ya just hate them darned pesky little kids!!???

ORIGINAL: megamaxx

my 2 daughters rule,they are 2 and 4,everytime i am working on or running they are right there,i cant wait to hand down some of my trucks to them
I'm in the same boat as you, 3 daughters here though - 4yo (today), 6 and 8.. My 8yo now has a MGT, and it's a blast to have a child in the hobby! ...and good thing I have a parts truck!
The other two could care less unless it's pink or something Barby [sm=50_50.gif] ...can't win 'em all I guess lol..
Old 09-22-2007, 05:01 AM
Krashu

I like kids and all that but I wouldn't have them lol.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:57 AM
burningpoo

ORIGINAL: duckedup

ORIGINAL: megamaxx

my 2 daughters rule,they are 2 and 4,everytime i am working on or running they are right there,i cant wait to hand down some of my trucks to them
I'm in the same boat as you, 3 daughters here though - 4yo (today), 6 and 8.. My 8yo now has a MGT, and it's a blast to have a child in the hobby! ...and good thing I have a parts truck!
The other two could care less unless it's pink or something Barby [sm=50_50.gif] ...can't win 'em all I guess lol..

My 3 y/o has more rc cars then me it's just one of mine cost more than all of her's[8D]
Old 09-22-2007, 11:03 AM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember the old "Tyco"/"Nikko" days Remember driving my 6 by 6 dodge ram full speed into a puddle, I took it out and it went crazy on me, started driving by itself I still have it I also have my old Tyco, must be around 9 years old now
Old 09-22-2007, 06:07 PM
RLMHPI

What I dont understand is why people always ask "How far does it go?" like there is some kind of obsession with controlling something far away that you can barely see???? I dont get it!!
Old 09-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: RLMHPI

What I dont understand is why people always ask "How far does it go?" like there is some kind of obsession with controlling something far away that you can barely see???? I dont get it!!
When ever people ask me that, I say, "Im not sure how far it goes, and I dont think I want to find out, cause I might not get it back." Call me an idiot, but I run without a failsafe. I have always had problems with them just locking up the brakes when I still have a good signal, so I just quit messin with them.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:15 PM
RLMHPI

I run a Spektrum radio it has a built in failsafe in the receiver. I never had any problems but I know what your saying when I had the stock radio with a failsafe it would lock up sometimes!!
Old 09-23-2007, 01:26 AM
wildchild45177
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: brc51

Every one is still forgetting one important thing,Those children are the future of the hobby.And I know none of us have never asked stupid questions or annoyed anyone in our life.Sure todays society isnt much and i have seen some children run loose without supervision but do you help the hobby more by telling a kid to screw off or just by simply answering his questions.Out of the ten children i have 7 are adopted from very bad homes and now are doing well ,but suppose i said screw it and did not adopt them where would they be today.Copassion is a key to living and so is understanding. Hell id love to horsewhip a few parents myself but do not take it out on children because of their poor upbringing. It only takes someone to take the time to make them understand and mabye just a little understanding will go a long way in life.

Very good point. I myself did not adopt any. I have 6 of my own. They are all out on their own now, and now I have the grandkids (11 of them).

Bob
Old 09-24-2007, 01:41 AM
black mamba

The neighborhood kids only bother me when they decide they want to chase after it, etc. I usually shut it down at that point because it is just too risky to keep it out. I don't want them to get hurt, because they will if they get smacked in the leg by it, etc.[8D]
Old 09-24-2007, 09:43 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Little kids under 10 just don't get the meaning of no don't chase the that truck or it could hit you or you could get hurt. They just get caught up in the excitement. I live in a small rural town where it is very easy to pick up and go else where to run. when people or kids walk by i stop it till they move on, If they don't move on I will move on. I love talking to them, seeing the glimmer in thier eyes, aksing all the wild questions, telling me their's is faster. I try to tell them about hot parts etc.

The only thing that grabs my nads isthe total lack of respect this new generation has, not every kid but a heck of a lot. If i cocked off or pulled stupid crap, I got my ass beat, and got a good explaination. My dad was good about that. I am so glad he taught me respect. Don't get me wrong me and my dad had great fun, fishing, wrenching on motorcycles and everything, but the lessons in respect and hard work were well worth it.

The best thing you can do for kids is have patientence, teach them to have fun but also have respect for others!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 01:28 PM
black mamba

I agree, there's something seriously wrong with this generation of pre-teens/teens. Maybe they played too many video games and were fed too many Ritalin pills by their parents while they swallowed them down with a RedBull. I hope maturity gives them a nice slap in the face.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:51 PM
rcnitrohead

I came out alright