Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

1st tank fine, second tank=not good

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

1st tank fine, second tank=not good

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 01:09 PM
zud00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1st tank fine, second tank=not good

I went out to run my savage today. It has the 4.1 and I have run 3 gallons through it. Yesterday I put in new shoes and a vented clutchbell (i don't know how that would affect what happened today).

I ran one tank and it ran fine. But when i went to start it up for the second tank, it started running weird.

I lost my brakes, and it would not keep running. I took off the airfilter and looked at the carb and set the idle so there was a 1mm opening. I finally got it running but the idle was so high it would not sit still. I still had no brakes. I ran it around and I would try to stop but no brakes. I never messed with the brakes between the first and second tank, so i don't know why all of the sudden I lost my brakes. Anyways, back to the engine problem...it would run at even a high idle but when i let go of the throttle it would shut down. I don't know why, it was getting enough fuel.

In summary-no brakes, high idle but will shut down if no throttle is applied.

What could be the problem?
Old 09-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Sugafree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1st tank fine, second tank=not good

Not sure on the Brakes? But it Sounds like maybe a Clutch Spring Broke Causing the Engine Not to Idle when stopped...... Pull the Clutch Bell and have a Look.......
Old 09-27-2007, 03:52 PM
RCtruckRacer

Hmmm. That's a noodle scratcher. My first thought is a broken or breaking servo arm. Or it could be the servo itself. Did you look to see that the servo was moving the break linkage? If so, is that engaging the brake?

On the stall upon idle I am thinking that if the above is true, then perhaps the idle stop screw isn't set right and the carb is closing all the way when you let off the idle (you have an idle return spring?). But that may be way off. Let us know if the linkages are working properly when the truck is on.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:39 PM
steven16

absolutly a clutch problem pull it off and look
Old 09-27-2007, 08:33 PM
zud00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took the clutch bell off and the springs slid out of the groove in the nut pushing the shoes so they would engage in the clutchbell. So that is why it would not sit and idle.

Thanks for the suggestions. I need to shim out the grooved nut so the springs will sit in the groove.