RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Broken Hotbodies universal

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 08:36 AM
AdamB
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Hotbodies universal

While I was buying new chrome dog bones, I decided to upgrade to the Hotbodies mega travel drive shafts for front and rear.

Well, less than 2 1/2 tanks later, on gravel no less, the rear universal drive shaft blew out.

I definitely do not recommend this item. I will contact Hotbodies to see what they say. I'm sure they'll say since I ran it with 8 port, they won't warranty.

Disgusted.

PS This is on the Savage.
Old 03-24-2003, 03:40 AM
AdamB
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Hotbodies universal

Anybody know an email address for Hotbodies. I went to their website, it just says under construction.

I did get an address off of Tower Hobbies, but I don't want to write a snail mail.

I want to either talk to somebody so I can whig out, or email.\

BTW, I took the Savage all apart again!!!! The center pin slipped causing the universal to come apart. I even checked to see if the lock screw was tight before I installed. Who knows????

I haven't decided if I want to try and find another pin (it's like the pins for the hex that your tires ride on but longer), or just put the old dog bone type on.

I still have car apart because my reverse module no longer goes into reverse. Maybe I'm just too hard on stuff