RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

4th Tank on my Tmaxx Traxxas

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 03:58 AM
Fatboydrvr
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th Tank on my Tmaxx Traxxas

Well, I just received my Tmaxx today. I had it ready to run in about 10 minutes. All I can say it Holy s***. What a truck. It took me 2 trys to get it started, I cranked it over, and as I cranked, I could tell that it was set way to rich. I leaned it as I cranked and listened for that oh so sweet purr. Pulled off the starter and she couldn't have run sweeter. Didn't touch a thing and ran 4 tanks through it until it was time to put the kids to bed.

I had one great front flip at about 20 m.p.h. off of a curb, a little bumper rash, she landed right back on her feet and kept going. I had another serious flip doing about 35 m.p.h. Muffler came loose and it was quite a bit louder, slipped it back on and started it back up. This is actually the first R/C truck I have had. Back in the late 80's, a buddy of mine had one that was chain driven. What a piece of crap, all I remember is constant work and no fun. Well for those of you wondering about the Tmaxx, What a truck!! Could not believe how easy it was to start and drive around, never quit, hesitated, stalled, etc. I bought a bunch of extra glow plugs because of the nightmares I had read about, well, I am still on the first and original, never changed it. My Savage should be here early next week, I am anxious to compare the two, I am asking myself why in the world would anyone want anything other than the electric start of the Tmaxx, I guess I will find out!!
Old 03-25-2003, 04:37 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

so you got a tmaxx and are getting a savage already?

lol...addiction is coming i can see it now

cool and welcome to the board this place is great
Old 03-25-2003, 05:14 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

did you buy it brand new ?cause your story didnt say about breaking in..just curious ..cause if not i think you should run it with the tires hanging and finishing 4to6 tanks ..i am not sure cause i dont have a tmaxx ..maybe u id the right thing if its brand new ..if its used then its okay..anyway enjoy your new truck and congrats..and another on the way ..wow
Old 03-25-2003, 09:19 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Phoenix....my old stomping grounds.

I have memories of it hitting 118 degrees in the summer...on some of the cooler days....running around bare foot as a kid....no T-shirt on....getting so tanned that I'm sure I have probably set in motion some skin cancer by now. Ohhhhh....and those are the good memories....

Welcome Fatboydrvr......And be sure to let us know how you like your Savage also. I enjoy my TMaxx allot and have similar feelings of enjoyment as you have described.

It's all good!
Old 03-26-2003, 01:32 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Originally posted by badboy2
did you buy it brand new ?cause your story didnt say about breaking in..just curious ..cause if not i think you should run it with the tires hanging and finishing 4to6 tanks ..i am not sure cause i dont have a tmaxx ..maybe u id the right thing if its brand new ..if its used then its okay..anyway enjoy your new truck and congrats..and another on the way ..wow
\

i was wondering the exact same thing.. it sounds like he took the truck out there and opened it up immediately.. thats not good, thats not good at all... he didnt even let it idle a tank from what it sounds :O hes deifnately not going to get the full fun outta that engine now...

BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS GET THE .18 SIRIO THAT SHOULD PUSH IT OVER 50 MPH!! anyways later your going to find flipping it isnt a big deal, same with roll overs, you're going to do that alot
Old 03-26-2003, 07:29 AM
Fatboydrvr
My Feedback: (1)

Yes I did get it brand new. I followed the break in procedures in the manual. By the 4th tank you open it half throttle. Thus my excitement, can't wait to see what it does wide open. I've broken in many engines.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:25 AM
Bonefrost
My Feedback: (6)

Oh jeez Crash your remindin' me of whats yet to come!

Where you at Fatboy?
I'm in Scottsdale.
We got a nice little place to run behind the dogpark.
BNZ'
Old 03-26-2003, 03:41 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Originally posted by Bonefrost
Oh jeez Crash your remindin' me of whats yet to come!

Where you at Fatboy?
I'm in Scottsdale.
We got a nice little place to run behind the dogpark.
BNZ'

BNZ'....I always wondered where the "melting pot" was located. Growing up in Phoenix....I never knew that's where it is...until I moved up here. Now when I visit Phoenix....last time was last summer in July.....I can't get out of there fast enough to cool down again. Ohhhh....and I also have lots of freckles from to much sun.