Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Whats Behind The Buy New Hpi Savage For$$ 80

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Whats Behind The Buy New Hpi Savage For$$ 80

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 02:29 PM
Conjuring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats Behind The Buy New Hpi Savage For$$ 80

for those that have seen the adds buy new savage or other various rc trucks for 80 bucks heres the link to the website that they sell ya http://www.movemeup.com/
Old 03-26-2003, 02:41 PM
FairlyNew

Its a giant pyramid scheme and will probally be shut down by the government or shady management before you get anything. BEWARE!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!

You cant get something for nothing.
Old 03-26-2003, 08:56 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a large thread on it here a few months ago.

Basically, you send them 80 dollars and they put you on a waiting list. For every 10 people who send in $80, they send 1 truck to the first person on the list. If you are the tenth person on the list, 100 people have to send them $80 for you to get a truck. If you are the 30th person on the list, 300 people need to sign up (and send them $80).

Some people win, most lose.
Old 03-26-2003, 09:00 PM
MeneR

ya, some win but most lose. except for my friend down the street. he got a t-maxx new for $50 from one of those pyramid things only because he was 8th in line out of like 160 people
Old 03-26-2003, 09:16 PM
FairlyNew

Default Pyramid schemes are trouble and illegal

Call it Pyramid or Multi-Level Marketing or Ponzi Schemes it still sucks and milks people out of millions of dollars each year. Here is the Federal Trade Comissions site with advice on avoiding schemes like this.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcams/pyramid/

More people get ripped off than get merchadise.

Another goverment site that explains exactly how these criminals operate.

http://www.ftc.gov/speeches/other/dvimf16.htm

If you have been scammed by one of these schemes post here or email me. I can give you some links on where to report them. Remember the people that are creating these are also commiting a Federal Crime. Many times these people do not even bother to set up a real pyramid. The money sent in just goes into thier bank account and they send you a email or have a website that shows how many people are ahead of you so you think it is real. They will even update it as long as money is coming in, but the only names moving up to the very top are the fictitious ones they created. Once a real person gets to the top the site dissapears. The internet is a great thing but it makes scams like these too easy. A website can be made and hosted for free, created with an Alias and the money sent electronically or to a P.O. box. That makes tracing these people difficult. You will never see your money again.