Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Nitro MT as it should be... Big and clunky.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Nitro MT as it should be... Big and clunky.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 09:13 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro MT as it should be... Big and clunky.

Giga DF's current stance. This thing is just too badass, I had to share it with someone. Truck is a monster. The larger wheels/tires really set it off and the tires tread even matches the theme on the body. Now I know what you are thinking and no, I haven't run it yet. I have all of the radio gear now though. I pulled out some stops to get some good radio gear in here. Truck weighs a ton and then some. The heaviest one I have for sure. I should have it running soon.

Also, I know the back tire is backwards. Since I am going to tear the whole truck down and rebuild before I run I didn't worry about it. I have to put something next to this truck so you can understand how big it is. I put my kids sit and push bigfoot truck next to it, and this thing is the same size.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:42 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Nitro MT as it should be... Big and clunky.

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

Giga DF's current stance. This thing is just too badass, I had to share it with someone. Truck is a monster. The larger wheels/tires really set it off and the tires tread even matches the theme on the body. Now I know what you are thinking and no, I haven't run it yet. I have all of the radio gear now though. I pulled out some stops to get some good radio gear in here. Truck weighs a ton and then some. The heaviest one I have for sure. I should have it running soon.

Also, I know the back tire is backwards. Since I am going to tear the whole truck down and rebuild before I run I didn't worry about it. I have to put something next to this truck so you can understand how big it is. I put my kids sit and push bigfoot truck next to it, and this thing is the same size.

grrrr...... Why do you keep teasing me with this? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???

ok with that aside what you gonna put in the monster? what radio system you gonna put in her, what about the engines you gonna run stock or those twin .26 v2? We need a few more pics so whats next for the monster?
Old 11-01-2007, 05:56 AM
infernalstone

Well, if your back tire is backwards, so is your front right from the looks of it. :P
Old 11-01-2007, 08:12 AM
Dale Gribble

ORIGINAL: pythonfan

grrrr...... Why do you keep teasing me with this? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???

ok with that aside what you gonna put in the monster? what radio system you gonna put in her, what about the engines you gonna run stock or those twin .26 v2? We need a few more pics so whats next for the monster?
I need to find someone that makes standard .21 engine mounts for this truck. The stock engines bolt straight to the chassis so there aren't motor mounts. I might have to make some myself. The truck is going to need tiger drives or pull start engines, because there is no access to the spin start plates behind the engines. I will put the .26 v2's in there for sure. I am breaking them in on the Savage right now.

As far as the radio, I have settled on a Z650M for steering, Z590M throttle and synthesized RS310 with the XS3i Pro Tx. Failsafe, 6v NiMH.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:42 AM
Dale Gribble

I just found a write up on Ultimaterc.com... I have my parts list:

This fit 100% to chassis and driveline.
3pc clutch shoe IFW52
3pc clutch spring 1.00 mm IFW53
3 pc Flywheel nut IFW54
3 PC Flywheel GGW19
Engine mount GGW17
New metalbearings 6 in line if remember correct
Old 11-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Dale Gribble

$209.86 + 2 tiger drives @ $25 for the conversion... $259.86 to get the 2 Sportwerks engines in. That is a little pricey. I will have to think about it.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:43 PM
ttoks

not really, that id fairly cheap actually for two engines..
Old 11-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Dale Gribble

Oh, sorry $259.86 is the cost of the conversion parts, engine mounts, flywheels, clutch shoes, etc. Add another $100/ea for the engines.

Total conversion with engines is $459.86. Granted I already have the engines, but dang! That is a lot!
Old 11-01-2007, 03:49 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you're gonna be a bear.....
Old 11-01-2007, 04:53 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

well consider it new, 639 kit, plus all the radio gear....at the time tower still had it and i prices it for me to do the dual it came out to 1,039.86 and that was with basic parts, no high torque, no dig radio, so u can see ur still saving a lot for that truck.

I wish i would of saw it sooner, those parts are the same for the mad force to mount a stander .21 or larger, cause same with the force and giga its direct mount.

look around for deals Ultimate hobbies has a lot of kyosho parts in stock and for i think 50 dollars it was gonna cost me to drop one engine in my truck, so its 2x for ur case.

update for you, my dad has a good friend at work who has both a cnc and a flow jet for small parts, I'm making the mad force Dual engine, i bet its the first anyone will ever see at that. but the name twin force is taking cause of the electric version so i have some thinking to do lol.

Keep us updated on the beast, and get a video when its all done, there is all of 1-3 online that i can find of the crusher that's not the rtr version.