Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Siris TX -18 swap for .15 Tmaxx

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Siris TX -18 swap for .15 Tmaxx

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 11:29 PM
Jon's NJ maxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Siris TX -18 swap for .15 Tmaxx

Engine is mounted and ready to go just got to figure out some linkage problems. Slide carb conversion is in a tight spot..bellcrank and exhaust want to share the same space

Has anyone accomplished this yet?
Old 03-31-2003, 03:54 PM
redrumdarula

Default motor swap

no sorry i havent done the swap ..........but you should have spent your money on a 2.5 the sirio is jus not worth it..........i bought one for muh 2.5 and i switched it back because its slow weak and not enough power.......i bought the upgraded piston,sleeve,crank,and rod for the 2.5 and it leaves my boys sirio
Old 03-31-2003, 03:56 PM
redrumdarula

Default i forgot

buy the rear exit cvec exhaust and you wont have that problem and adjust the collar inside down one hole
Old 03-31-2003, 04:18 PM
Dlock

Default Re: motor swap

Originally posted by redrumdarula
i bought the upgraded piston,sleeve,crank,and rod for the 2.5 and it leaves my boys sirio
Can you post a link to these upgrades, or tell me the name? Thanks
Old 03-31-2003, 05:08 PM
redrumdarula

Default parts

i cant access towerhobbies right now so i cant give you part numbers but go there and type in tmaxx 2.5 for your search and look for these parts............as for the cvec i havent seen it on their website but i got mine from championhobbys.com............actually that shop is down the street from me

--------------------------------------
REDISME.........makin traxx on your azz
Old 03-31-2003, 08:16 PM
Dlock

I have the CVEC rear exhaust already. Are the engine upgrades the Siro ones?
Old 03-31-2003, 08:53 PM
redrumdarula

Default sirio upgrades

yes they are made by sirio-trinity but dont get them from here in jersey get them from towerhobbies cause they are so much cheaper
makin traxx on your azz
Old 04-12-2003, 04:54 AM
Hinkles_Hounds

I got my tx-18 in my truck today and ran 4 tanks of fuel in it . It just keeps getting faster with every tank. the carb linkage is hard to figure out I had to readjust my servo top and just keep playing with it. to get carb to open and close fully. I had to play with the trim to get it figured out. also play with the springs on linkadge I had to titght it up alittle more than they said on front set screw. but works fine also I drilled my stock pipe. others Ive talked to said big 18 pipe made alot more power I cant wait til tomarrow to lean it out and see what she can really do. I havent got to race my buddies yet I will tomarrow but it seems to have as much power as my 2.5 when it wasway leaned out and Im still at break in settings on top end and bottom end 7 turns out on top is rich motor runs very cool cant wait to heat it up.