Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Bria1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Here are some pictures from qualifying during the 1st nitro race at this track. Sorry the pictures didn't turn out too good, but I have a few short videos that came out ok. I'll post those later. I'll start out with some MT pictures for now.

Edit: flyer added for track information.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76868.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	801835   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89087.jpg
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	801836   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jp32300.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	801837   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qj20102.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	801838   Click image for larger version

Name:	Te46711.jpg
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	801839   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zq97329.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	801840  
Old 11-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Ken448

Default RE: Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

sweeeet! Sucks that theres always that haze for the indoor Nitro pictures though!!
How did the crew place in race #1??

Looks like that place has some good lighting. I can see the trucks shadows!
Old 11-11-2007, 09:25 PM
infernalstone

Haha...there's me in marshalling in the background of that third picture.

That's my "I'm ready for anything over in this cor- ... oh, sweet monkey jeebus, my lower back is hurting again..." stance.

Never, ever, offer to help move a piano...
Old 11-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Bria1

Here are some pit area pics.

Name:	Wu60356.jpg
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	801850   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19426.jpg
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	801851   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo29942.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	801852   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dx66076.jpg
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	801853   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qb36335.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	801854  
Old 11-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Bria1

And some truggy action.

Name:	Ig13855.jpg
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	801865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79224.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	801866   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr41408.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	801867   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nh10766.jpg
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	801868   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ep85180.jpg
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	801869   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wn86112.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	801870   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oq22271.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	801871  
Old 11-11-2007, 09:40 PM
ThermalRD

Thanks for the pics Brian, and as always, thanks for comin out to help out today. Well, lets get on to the race story for today.

In MT, my Revo was dialed. Those GRP Cubics were just insane. The starting setup worked awesome. I tried a few things, and had fresh everything on the truck for this first race. I had to have a good starting point for setup. Which turned out to be fantastic. In the first qualifier i had a flame out. Changed the plug, bench tuned, and perrrrfect. Round two i took the TQ from Al Matthewson, and round 3 i beat my own TQ again. In the main i had an early fumble (my fault), that left me catching up to Brian Simpson. That guy clearly does not drive anything SLOW. If its Brians, its likely the fastest thing out there. Period. I was reeling him in again, and then he slowed down drastically. He had some CVD issue. Once i got past him, i just started throwing down lap after lap, and lovin it. I only had one issue with Batman today that im gonna mention. We got tangled up in the corner late in the race. The fact we were tangled didnt upset me. The fact he kept on the gas DID bother me. Had that been ANY marshall other than mini-joe, they would not have attempted to seperate the trucks. So Batman, please let off the gas when that happens. Aside from that, i had a great day. Qualifying got a little tense at times, but there were 9 on the track all day for qualifying. All that aside, i took the win in the main. With the Postwatcher Al Matthewson taking 2nd. Nice job Al! I wish i could comment more on others during the race, but i was really focused on my driving, and my two classes.

Now for the truggy class. First off, i tested the 8T. I learned right away it had waaaay too much motor for that track. I seemed to only need about half throttle on the straight, and nearly an idle speed would get me over the jumps. The truck just has a ton of lift, and weighs next to nothing. I set the 8T down, and started the Muggy. The muggy was great out there. Not nearly as much steering as the 8T, nor the lift on the jumps, and coulda used some more power. But! It was way more drivable, and put me somewhere in the middle of the A-main against some very fast truggy drivers, with 8T's. During the main, i will say i got frustrated for a minute there. That class is very rough. I got off to a bad start on lap one. I ended up working my way up from dead last. Every time i'd come up on some drivers, they'd race me like their life depended on it, and take me out. I wont go into details, but i will say i had enough of it, and fought back at one point in that race. I was showing alot of respect to the drivers that qualfied higher than me, and ANY time they came up on me, i went wide in a corner, and yelled at em to take the pass. I just have to keep my head cool when racing that class, and do it ONLY for the extra track time. The part that frustrates me, is that the class is not an accurate judge of skill. There are soo many guys that throw down fast laps, and the second they hit a tube, its back on the throttle. You know its bad, when im facing a tube, and a marshall stares at my truck, just expecting me to jump it. I just have to take that class lightly i guess. Regardless, i pulled down 5th with the Muggy today. Yup, the Muggy.

All in all, the day was really good. I had a blast. Was great hangin out with everyone again, and nice to meet Infernal, and some other new people at the track. Looking forward to the next race.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:49 PM
infernalstone

Well, I did run into a lot of drivers that seemed to not know what they wanted to do on the tubes. They'd nose into it, stop.... then hammer it...then stop...then hammer it... it's like "Make up your mind, do you want to be marshalled or what?" And having no desire to grab a truck that's trying to do 30 mph into a plastic pipe, I'm sure others were a bit leary of it as well.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:59 PM
ThermalRD

BTW Infernal, that T-shirt you had was awesome! LOL. Brought back the old school gaming days.

Ken, im not sure where everyone placed at in MT. I just know i had TQ and 1st, and Al Mathewson was in 2nd. Beyond that, i have no clue. Aside from a few heated moments out there, our MT group is awesome. Im really glad you guys have stuck with it, and not left this class for buggy and truggy. Its left us with a really fun race class.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:09 PM
binaryterror

Want a race report for me...nah I don't even want to type one.

Having a day from He11. Not just racing...everything after say 12 went downhill too fast to keep up.

Huge thanks to Matt for the ride and some set up ideas (too bad they all went so drastically odd), Brian for the pitting, and everyone else in our group who even with frustrations made the day fun.

I do want to congratulate Matt, Al, Dante who all drove so clean in the main. I was loose as could be in the main for sure but none of them punted me to pass, I wish some other MT racers could pick up on that.

Batman I don't take hacking personal, but it reflects on you personally. I'm not going into detail on all the problems all day with everyone or just you. I got in things myself too...many for the wrong reason, being the trucks handling being so poor thus frustrating me.

Good luck all next week. I'm thinking I'll be trying another odd set up next week. No time to buy new tires though...bills mid-month
Old 11-11-2007, 10:11 PM
infernalstone

Back down south, the guys who only raced MT openly mocked Buggy and Truggy for all the seriousness. I mean, come on... we were racing on a track made in the middle of a soy bean field.

And thanks, Thermal. Chris said something about it, too.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Bria1

Man...I should've put my ear plugs in sooner than I did. My ears are still ringing. BTW, I think those Revo Trinity pipes should be banned from indoor tracks. And I thought they were loud outdoors...geesh.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:16 PM
vic0280

i am not really a mt racer anymore, but i got chime in on this site.

1. had a blast running 1/10 again. think i will do more of it in future.
2. believe it or not, kinda missed running the mullet truck
3. fumes were not that bad to me. at one time or another i can remember db's being worst or even colombus. could use extra fan, but not bad, definately tolerable
4. great to see everyone again.
5. marshalling and sometimes watching part of the truggy main= BRUTAL that main was ugly. matt i understand where you were coming from as i watched a plenty of drivers not drive. i wont single anyone out, but there are many people that shouldnt be in that class or should take lessons on how to race.
6. new idea for ft raceway and al. put on driving seminar to teach people how to race cleanly. as in:
when and how to let faster traffic pass,
how to take corners and not ass plow the guy in front because you dont know how to drive,
how to set radio endpoints in case your trigger happy
how to drive, yet be aware of traffic(other cars) in front of you/behind you
how to let the leader pass you
how to qualify ifmar style,
how to marshall
how to have respect for your fellow racer.

not directed at mullet truckers, but every class there. wasnt issue in my class, because there were only whatever amount and we are small enough on track to get around one way or other.l

Old 11-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Bria1

Ok, here is the first of the vids, see how much clearer it is than the pics, weird
MT qualify 1 – And no Jake is not cheating, that was the end of the qualifier.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...16411653&hl=en

3 more to come
Old 11-11-2007, 10:30 PM
ThermalRD

Ya Infernal, that T-shirt was sweet. Right up there with Jakes Grimlock t-shirt, and my zombie (eat flesh) t-shirt. I really dont mind the other classes taking their race too serious. I do mind when they dont drive a clean fair race. Just an example of what bothers me about that class... Heres me cruisin around the track "oh look, someone stuffed it in the tubes, thats my pass. Oh wait, nevermind, he jumped the tubes, and hes out front again". Or even better! "oh look, nows my chance to pass, he spun out. Oh wait, he punched it, did 10 donuts, and knocked me clean off my path as i tried to pass". LOL. Its just a very hard class to showcase talent in. Too many people are all too comfortable driving that way. Lucky for me, i drive it because i enjoy driving the truggy. It also keeps me used to the extra speed on the track, and gives me more track time. Making me better in my favorite class, MONSTER TRUCK!!! Gotta love em!
Old 11-11-2007, 10:43 PM
infernalstone

Well, simple solution. Put a cow catcher on the front of the Muggy. But yea, I know what you mean. It's pretty hard to clear through the crap, but watching the top few places is pretty good to watch, when they get clear of the pack.

And Vic, in some classes, the fumes aren't so bad. They seem the worst in truggy, though. It seems like those things just spew out so much more. Monster Truck is close behind. But man, they could run those 1/10ths all day long and not bother my lungs... :P
Old 11-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Bria1

Truggy qualify 1 – a lap with Matt’s Muggy
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...50375859&hl=en

Edit:

Truggy qualify 2 – a lap with Jay
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...99216911&hl=en

MT qualify 2
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...90832284&hl=en

one more coming
Old 11-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Ken448

yes, I do agree those trinity pipes should be banned for indoor racing. They are just stupid loud.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:11 PM
ThermalRD

Awesome vids Brian. Vids of our races always get me pumped up for the next race. Thanks for posting!
Old 11-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Bria1

No problem. The last one is still in the works, it's a little longer than the others.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:33 PM
kiddynomite621

i wasn't gonna comment but, i really had a great time racing mt, truggy, and buggy today. there are actually more hackers in the other classes believe it or not. MT isn't bad like everyone thinks. we need at least 5 more mt racers so we can seperate a few trucks. and BUTLER can you pm me a set-up for revo. i haven't changed my shock oil since 1st rd.outdoor season

MR. DON'T EVEN TRIP
Old 11-11-2007, 11:52 PM
vic0280

kidd i totally agree about the monsterbilly class. last year i had a blast running with the guys and gained a lot of respect toward em on the track.

truggy class looked absolutely horrible. 1/8 didnt look bad, but that truggy class. makes me want to sell mine.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:55 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: kiddynomite621
and BUTLER can you pm me a set-up for revo. i haven't changed my shock oil since 1st rd.outdoor season
Absolutely. I'll get all my setup down on paper tomorrow in the AM, and get it sent over to ya.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:57 AM
Bria1

And here is the last of the vids.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...63447029558406

If you watch when I'm filming the triple, Brian Simpson clears the triple with that MGT...LRP power baby.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:00 AM
tgrand

Just wanted to say that I had a ball racing on Sunday and can't wait until next week. Brian thanks again for the help and I'll return the favor at the next race. I have to agree that the Truggy A-main was a hack fest! I tried to get out of the way of the faster drivers during the main and just run my own race. I'm just happy that we have a place to race every weekend and to go for practice during the week that I can put up with all the other BS!!! Last winter was real boring and I plan on racing as much as possible this indoor season.

Later,
TGrand
Old 11-12-2007, 09:27 AM
ADE

Brian-

Thanks for pitting the b main for me! Also, thanks for the pic of my rig.... Had lots of fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.