Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

LST2 (stock) or SAVAGE X 4.6 w/ 3speed and rev. Need to know before Dec 31!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum
View Poll Results: A poll
LST 2 stock
63.16%
Savage x 4.6
36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LST2 (stock) or SAVAGE X 4.6 w/ 3speed and rev. Need to know before Dec 31!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 05:10 AM
jaron_denson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST2 (stock) or SAVAGE X 4.6 w/ 3speed and rev. Need to know before Dec 31!!!

Hello Everyone,
First off if you are considering either or just want to know tower hobbies is having a huge sale and you can get a savage x4.6 for 390 shipped with a doubled extended warranty.

I Know I am asking the age old question that everyone loves Lst2rtr or Savage x 4.6rtr. There are things that I like about both cars. But which configuration do you think I would be the happiest with?

Needs: race it at the local bmx track in the mountains and in my back yard, lots of jumping (fair share of crashing), I have no racing aspirations what so ever.
-I want something that I do not have to tune every time i drive it, and always starts. I hate finicky Sh%^, I own a ktm.
-I Like tinkering and I am very mechanically inclined, but I would rather but those abilities towards my other projects.
-Getting parts is not a problem my lhs carries both brands.
-Good Customer service when dealing w/ warranty work.
-You can comment on the durability but from my research on here I think they are equally as durable.

The Trucks:

Lst2- I would keep it bone stock only replacing what breaks with higher grade parts when necessary.
-Probably Used from r/c groups cant pay the new tag.( I own lots of their minis and micros and am impressed with their performance and Cust.S)
Thoughts:
+ Like the adjustable turn knob gearing
+ I like the radio system.
+ I really Like handling
+ Great history with previous products ( but I had warranty work done a few times, now I wont have a warranty)

Savage x 4.6
Buy it new with doubled manufactures warranty from tower hobbies.
Immediately Upgrade:
Add the three speed tranny and reverse.
Thoughts:
+like the three speed tranny ( but is it then just the same as the losi's 2 speed? Less durable?)
+like the ground clearance
+Cost
+ Better jumper?
+lighter weight

I appreciate everyone's input, no need to flame, what is most valuable is unbiased opinions and people who have owned both and have given both a fair chance, their opinion is held in the highest regard so please be honest. Please let me know what your experience is with the hpi 3 speed tranny or what you know, I am very intrigued. Can you put that tranny in a lst2 or was someone joking about that?
No Flamming,Don't put down the LSt2 because he smokes you at the track every weekend kind of thing.....
Lastly I will buy it before dec31 so I need a lot of information quick, I will post this in the Hpi and Monster truck sections as well.
Thanks again for helping me find a great truck for my first nitro experience, and happy Holidays.
Jaron Denson
Old 12-23-2007, 05:15 AM
jaron_denson

Default RE: LST2 (stock) or SAVAGE X 4.6 w/ 3speed and rev. Need to know before Dec 31!!!

agasd
Old 12-23-2007, 05:28 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: LST2 (stock) or SAVAGE X 4.6 w/ 3speed and rev. Need to know before Dec 31!!!

A Savage was my RC "first love", so I'd like to say get it... But I also have an LST2, and it's the best RTR truck you can get IMO..

All you need is it and a Dynamite engine-brace and a tube of blue thread-lock and you'Re off... Yellow or RC Raven springs are nice too..

The Savage is nice as well... Go look one over closely and see what jumps out at you more...
Old 12-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Redrawker

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

A Savage was my RC "first love", so I'd like to say get it... But I also have an LST2, and it's the best RTR truck you can get IMO..

All you need is it and a Dynamite engine-brace and a tube of blue thread-lock and you'Re off... Yellow or RC Raven springs are nice too..

The Savage is nice as well... Go look one over closely and see what jumps out at you more...
I hate to be a know it all, but I've tried just buying the thread lock and carrying it around and warning the screws not to loosen, and it doesn't work.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:20 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lightning a candle on top, sprinkling the whole truck with a secret mix of far-eastern spices, and chanting medieval lyric poetry while standing on one foot seems to work too.... Tightens those screws right up.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:45 AM
calvino

I say savage, the LST2 is going to drain your account FAST due to the high initial cost, you got to remember to leave some $$$$$$$$ for upgrades, fuel, parts to get it running, any upgrades... things like that[8D]
Old 12-23-2007, 11:53 AM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: calvino

I say savage, the LST2 is going to drain your account FAST due to the high initial cost, you got to remember to leave some $$$$$$$$ for upgrades, fuel, parts to get it running, any upgrades... things like that[8D]
Completely wrong. The LST2 of all the MTS needs teh fewest mods to bulletproof it.
1: The dynamite engine brace
2: See #1

So by your post the Savage comes with fuel and all parts to get it running?
Old 12-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Redrawker

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

Lightning a candle on top, sprinkling the whole truck with a secret mix of far-eastern spices, and chanting medieval lyric poetry while standing on one foot seems to work too.... Tightens those screws right up.
I haven't tried that method yet, but some of the leading racers swear by it.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:51 PM
[email protected]

of all my rc trucks the LST2 has been the cheapest to operate as you buy all the goods upfront. The savage needs a radio, rev, hump pack and starter battery.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:16 PM
jombo

to get out and go all you need for the lst2 is a bottle of fuel and tx batteries, it comes with a glow driver and a reciever batt. its the best you can buy out of the box ,its all been said befor so theres no repeating it. btw i sprinkle tinkerbell dust to make my lst2 fly
Old 12-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Redrawker

ORIGINAL: jombo

to get out and go all you need for the lst2 is a bottle of fuel and tx batteries, it comes with a glow driver and a reciever batt. its the best you can buy out of the box ,its all been said befor so theres no repeating it. btw i sprinkle tinkerbell dust to make my lst2 fly
If you they catch you with the dust, they'll disqualify you from the race! When the stuff first came out, they banned it at all official race events!