Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

gst 7.7 center diff

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 05:36 PM
wicked_clown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gst 7.7 center diff

im new to the nitro world and im was going to put 500k in the center diff and i was wondering if there was something i needed to know b4 i get into it will it seal ok? what to watch out for etcany advice would be good and please be detailed

i was also wondering abot the idle setting it says it says 1mm but the book that came with the truck dosent say what to mesure off of
Old 01-07-2008, 07:03 PM
jombo

Default RE: gst 7.7 center diff

1 mm is the size of or the thickness of a flat blade screw driver (average size one) , 500k in the center is fine if you want to lock it and it should seal just fine with a new gasket. good luck trying to remove the loctite you will need it, i would sugest putting the diff in the oven at 250 degrees and let it sit there for 15 min before you try to remove the screws or you will strip them. or do what i did use a torch to remove the screws (plumbers cedaline torch)yea there that tough, any one want to tell him what he is in for for removing the screws on the diff [sm=lol.gif]
Old 01-07-2008, 08:17 PM
devo208

I had to drill and retap mine
Old 01-07-2008, 08:38 PM
dakota_davies

mine are in the shop rigt now getting drilled out
Old 01-08-2008, 12:42 AM
wicked_clown

ok i got the 500k in the diff i was lucky i didnt have any problems with the screws and i used the blue lock tight just in case i have to take it back off i wont have any probelems i went with the 500k cuz all the reviews i did say its safter to put it in then it would be the center lock
the center lock dosent slip and the 500k has a little give to it
on the 1mm on the idle is that going off of the how far the screw is in? or the plunger in the carb it self im sorry im used to reg car motors there is no set size on them this is a new world to me

my gst7.7 dosent like to start and in on my 4 glow plug in a weekend and im wondering if its burning them out cuz its hard to start or if theres some thing elce wrong i had to mess with the carb just to get it to start for the 1st time this thing isnt a week old yet i just duno what the factory setting are and how to set them i would go to the closeest hobby shop but thats 60 miles from me
Old 01-08-2008, 07:55 AM
jombo

the carb should be open the size or the width of a flat blade screw driver , you need to remove the air filter to do this. i stick the flatblade down the carb and adjust it from there ,but make sure you dont touch the carb with the screwdriver just place it in there and adjust from there. the plugs going out would sugest that you are running lean on the low speed needle and the high speed needle your temps should never exceed 270 for that motor 300 its toast for a long period of time. this thing takes a long breakin about a gallon of fuel. i would recommend getting trinity breakin fuel and run 2 tanks through it and only 2 per the trinity recommendation.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:45 PM
wicked_clown

thanx for the info on the carb and settings

what would make the cluches burn up i just looked at my cluch bell and its blue why would the cluch get hot it dosent idle high and its not try n to ingage it also makes a noise at mid rpm or when the cluch is trying to ingage i took the motor off and the cluch bell as a little side to side movement but no up and down and when i spin the cluch bell it spins easy and i dont feel any bad spots and when i roll the truck for the diff i dont hear it would the flud in the center diff make it sound differnt? also when i roll it with the motor on it it makes a differnt noise
Old 01-09-2008, 07:32 PM
wicked_clown

got it the noise was the motor mount was loose from the engine plate the the gears were to close to geather