Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage HotBodies Shocks???

Old 04-14-2003, 10:40 PM
Rex2342

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage HotBodies Shocks???

I just wanted to know if anybody else has had this problem with these shocks.I was out bashing today and hit a small jump only went like 3 feet in the air and came down a little crooked and the $@##$ front shock shaft bent into and L shape.Now this is the second time this has happened the first time I went off a curb and it bent the same shock only not as bad.This never happened with the stock shocks and I was REALLY hard on them so I think I'm gonna replace the shafts with the stock ones and and just use the AL. bodies.Maybe I just Got One bad shock????
Old 04-15-2003, 04:09 AM
dainjarouz

sorry to hear about your mishap, but im afraid its not uncommon. Thats why i decided to spend my $80 on something else. on another site the moderator decided to not "put his name" on the shocks because he broke 3 from a relatively soft crash. the plastic rod ends also seem to be made of harder plastic which will break instead of bend like the stock rod ends.
Old 04-15-2003, 04:31 AM
Rex2342

I think it might be a defect in that shock rod because the other fronts one are fine.The same shock bent last time just from driving off a curb but I bent it back....oh well good thing I still have the stock ones..lol
Old 04-15-2003, 04:32 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Originally posted by Rex2342
I think it might be a defect in that shock rod because the other fronts one are fine.The same shock bent last time just from driving off a curb but I bent it back....oh well good thing I still have the stock ones..lol
the fact you can bend it back should be warning enough
Old 04-15-2003, 04:39 AM
Rex2342

Thats what i thought....lol
Old 04-16-2003, 12:18 PM
Bluehydro8

I don't know guys, i have a set of savage shocks by Hot Bodies, and I have never even damaged them at all. don't get me wrong, I have put them through hell and more. Just yesterday I hit a 5 foot jump and landed on my front left tire. no damage to report.