Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

new revo set ups

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:35 AM
wayfast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new revo set ups

i just want to see photos of what everyone is runnig. (revos only please). i am looking for a new set up that i havent seen yet. i want to see big block kits and new ideas. i think that the revo has kinda gotten into a rut that everyone is following. i hate seeing revo with os .18tm,eb mods. i want to see 28's 32's 21's. break the mold someone please! i saw a mod on a truck that i will post a photo of latter the is new and i have never seen it done before. let me see what you are doing!! you can look in my photos to see 3 of my 6 revos i will put the rest in latter. Also what does every one think about the Qoncepts bb kit? lets hear what you have to say.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:35 AM
binaryterror

Default RE: new revo set ups

Big Block kits turn Revos from well balanced race-able machines into over powered and out of balance piles of waste.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:38 AM
wayfast

easy now i didnt start this for people to talk bad and dog me. what are you runing? i like the fact that i can hit trips and quads with out a problem. that others have to double double. do you get my drift. i have a revo with a os 18 eb mods. i just have the need for speed and raw power 3.3s and .18s just dont have the top end.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Clymer122693

18tz eb modded should give you your need for speed
Old 01-24-2008, 11:46 AM
wayfast

it was good for a while but it just wasnt geting the right feel from that motor. it has good low and top but it has no mid. it may have been the pipe that i was runing. but it just didnt have what i was looking for.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:09 PM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: wayfast

easy now i didnt start this for people to talk bad and dog me. what are you runing?
I never talked bad about you just the concept of putting an engine in a truck. It's the truth.

A Revo was built for certain things, sadly its distribution of weight was not set up for a big block engine.

Why not try another truck if it is the power you seek. A Truggy is a huge power difference.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:23 PM
wayfast

i have been looking to get a truggy. i want to get a losi 8t but it is out of but price range right now. i will get one latter on this year. i would trade a revo to any one that has a 8ight-t. but for now i will stick to my revos. but i will say that you are right about the weight of the revo. that is why i have to shave pounds in other places. but i have done really well with my set ups.