Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

My Mad Force

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 10:34 PM
savageforce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Mad Force

Wow, this sure isn't a popular truck on these boards. I just found this site and it's awesome...tons of discussion areas.

Anyhow, anyone that is interested in a solid axle "true to life" r/c monster truck may want to look at the Mad Force. I have nearly every hop up on my truck and write ups with part numbers for your benefit.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:41 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Default My Mad Force

actualy a real to life model car, are the vintage Rc's, bruser and so on, thats realisum
Old 04-15-2003, 11:03 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Mad Force

People see the solid axles and think it won't perform. This just isn't true. It is the fastest monster in stock trim (42 MPH or so in third gear). It handles more like a modern race truck than a clodbuster. You can't beat the look of an articulating suspension in action.

Please post pics and list the option parts (thank goodness kyosho now makes even softer 1/8 scale springs, eh?).

All you doubters out there that think independent suspension is the only way to go, you better watch out for the mad force (or mad armor).
Old 04-15-2003, 11:49 PM
savageforce

Default My Mad Force

Originally posted by i8tweety
People see the solid axles and think it won't perform. This just isn't true. It is the fastest monster in stock trim (42 MPH or so in third gear). It handles more like a modern race truck than a clodbuster. You can't beat the look of an articulating suspension in action.

Please post pics and list the option parts (thank goodness kyosho now makes even softer 1/8 scale springs, eh?).

All you doubters out there that think independent suspension is the only way to go, you better watch out for the mad force (or mad armor).
Thanks for the support...I feel like a minority on this board.

My truck has the XTM 24.7 with an extended chassis and screams. I have tons of pictures on my website (click the link below), but here's a picture just to get ya started.

Old 04-16-2003, 12:44 AM
WV-Dave

Default My Mad Force

Really NICE truck!!
Great job on your website too!!
I want that workshop and since im in the "doghouse" most of the time anyway,I would fit right in
Old 04-16-2003, 11:52 AM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

Default Re: My Mad Force

Originally posted by madforce83
Wow, this sure isn't a popular truck on these boards. I just found this site and it's awesome...tons of discussion areas.

Anyhow, anyone that is interested in a solid axle "true to life" r/c monster truck may want to look at the Mad Force. I have nearly every hop up on my truck and write ups with part numbers for your benefit.

When do you see a real straight axle truck with the control arms molded into the axle and giant plastic wheelie bars? The bruiser or txt1 is a much more realistic truck.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:42 PM
savageforce

Default Re: Re: My Mad Force

Originally posted by Isphius
When do you see a real straight axle truck with the control arms molded into the axle and giant plastic wheelie bars? The bruiser or txt1 is a much more realistic truck.
When I said the Mad Force was close to realism, I meant in driving style and looks compared to the T-maxx, Savage, Titan, Monster Pirate, EK4, etc. This truck behaves more like a REAL monster truck than the beforementioned trucks do.

I really don't care about the vintage 10mph electric trucks that sit in glass cases. I'm talking about 45mph nitro trucks that actually get dirty. It's apples to apples, not apples to sour grapes.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:49 PM
Unstable

Default My Mad Force

although I still dont like the solid axel bit I do want to try out a mad force. it looks like it could be setup for a awsome hill climber/mud bogger truck. also I think it would rock at tractor pulls. (anyone have a sled for cheap?)

how does it do on the jumps? what about rough grass and such?
Old 04-16-2003, 02:07 PM
Groundforce-RCU
My Feedback: (20)

Default Im Glad

Im glad to see one of these built up the way you have yours. Ive been absent from trucking for a year now, but circumstance's dictate I get back to trucks for fun.
Anyways....That is a Great Job, First on the truck, 2ndly on the site....Im still up in the air between this truck, Dominator or Savage. Decisions decisions.
Old 04-16-2003, 03:34 PM
savageforce

Default My Mad Force

Originally posted by Unstable
although I still dont like the solid axel bit I do want to try out a mad force. it looks like it could be setup for a awsome hill climber/mud bogger truck. also I think it would rock at tractor pulls. (anyone have a sled for cheap?)

how does it do on the jumps? what about rough grass and such?
You asked how it does on jumps...well, this is where my statement "realism" comes in. If you ever watch the REAL monster jam trucks in stadiums and such, you'll know that they bounce when they land - the mad force will do the same in stock form. If you use a lighter shock oil and open the piston holes a bit you can get a smoother suspension, as well as changing springs. I run yellow springs in front and red in back. If MaxxTraxx's forum ever comes back up you'll find a lot of Mad Force videos on there. One in particular has some 15' high jumps...I have it but can't post it because my website only gives me a whopping 5Mb of space. If you have a place I can post it I'll post a bunch of Mad Force videos. Kyosho.com and RC Magazine have some videos as well.