Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Please help me choose a Big Nitro

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Please help me choose a Big Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 09:12 AM
richmosk0324

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me choose a Big Nitro

I hate these threads, but I am really a little bewildered by the choices. What would you have if you could have the following

Associated MGT8.0
Losi LST2
Losi Muggy
XTM MT
CEN Gen 7.7

I have read articles on each, each is good and each has its own problems. I am leaning towards the LST2 because its a monster, but the others all have their good points as well. All I'm going to do is bash around the playgrounds, grass, street, ballfields. I don't race, or have any inclination to race in the future. Just want something BIG, decently fast, and capable of bashing hard without breaking within five minutes.

Thanks,
Rich
Old 02-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Snaut Rocket

Default RE: Please help me choose a Big Nitro

Lst2. I know what your thinking , " this is an attended race truck." But the truth is in order to bash hard and not break you need somthing that can control or steer really good.
You can do 15 cart wheels with a savage and not break any thing or you can land on 4 wheels and keep driving with the lst2
Old 02-08-2008, 10:50 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know how it is being bewildered and not being able to make a decision.. They're all good in their own way..(and had better be for the money..) , but I think the best advice to give you is to go with your gut.. One way to help that is to go to a hobby shop that has the trucks and look them over up close - press on them, touch them, smell them, whisper sweet nothings to them, etc... , then see which one jumps out at you..

In my personal opinion the LST2 is the best all around truck you can get.. It's big, a rocket, handles like a Porsche for an MT, tough, comes with a good radio, etc.. Just need a Dynamite engine brace and maybe eventually a New Era roll-bar if you like to jump a lot.. When you order the engine-brace BTW, get some RC Raven dual-rate springs.. - a very basic, cheap, but totally awesome little upgrade... It's almost getting to the point where the LST2 will be a bit old, so who knows if Losi will come out with an LST3 any day... Still, it's THE king of MT's IMO...

The MGT has a certain in your face burly appeal which is cool too.. The Muggy, again in my personal opinion, is the best looking RC going..., but it does have the strike against it that it needs new wheels to make life easier on the clutch.. You can always sell the stock wheels to LST2 owners though... For me the choice would be between the LST2 and MGT. The LST2 would run circles around the MGT I would think, but the MGT is just burly.. They have a good rep for toughness too, and I'm not sure but I think the price isn't bad.. I've never had one though, so maybe my positive view of it is based a little on the fact that I'd be kind of keen to try one myself.. The LST2 I have, and it rocks fa sho'....
Old 02-08-2008, 11:55 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't speak about the others, but I have had an original MGT with a .21 since April 2004--that's almost four years. I've lost count of how much fuel is through it, the engine is getting a little weary, but still runs, and the only parts I've ever broken are bumper braces, body mounts, and I lost a CVD at one point. I don't jump houses with mine, but I beat on it HARD, so I think it's pretty bulletproof. I can't count the number of times I've crashed it and thought, "ouch, I'm sure that broke something" only to find nothing more than a scratch. It's plenty fast, too. It must be a good basic design if they're on the third iteration without changing much other than the engine, right?
Old 02-08-2008, 02:50 PM
SycoCell
My Feedback: (3)

My vote is the MGT 8.0. The truck is big, fast, and basically un-breakable (Knock on wood). The radio it comes with is great and has a digital LCD screen to make adjustments. The customer service is great. (yes i have had a few issues with needing new things due to the truck being so new and they haven't figured out all the bugs.) But none the less, the company replaced everything that i have asked for free of charge and shipping. So i'd vote the 8.0. Oh by the way, expect it to eat fuel though :-P
Old 02-08-2008, 02:59 PM
mmduc

go with the lst 2, its a proven truck. can bash it right out of the box. just get the engine brace, its about $13. radio is great, comes with a stick pack battery & charger. i love mine, and i own many rc vehicles. look around, as there was 1 place (forgot what shop it was) that was selling them for $550. thats what i payed for mine 1.5 years ago from bocarc.com. good luck in whatever you choose.