RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

the losi killer

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Louie2994
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the losi killer

i have a dream......... to build a truck that will dominate all.

basically i want to start out with a savage x 4.6 converted to the truckzilla big twin but then i want to throw in 2 thundertiger ek4 .70 motors that are supercharged with rb innovations superchargers and are nitrous injected. please note that i know they will not last long. anyway i plan to add almost every performance upgrade and durability upgrade. this project officially starts now as i already have the truck so ill update you as it grows.

these are pictures of the truck now

*****update***** rename: PROJECT MEGA TORQUE NO SUPERCHARGER PROBABLY NOS THOUGH. DEFIANTLY WANT TO KEEP .70s

*****UPDATE***** I LOVE HOW THER ARE MAYBE 2 OR 3 COMPLIMENTS ON THIS ENTIRE FORUM. PLEASE PEOPLE IF U DONT LIKE IT DONT POST.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91329.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	875544   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95795.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	875545   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ms43034.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	875546  
Old 02-10-2008, 10:01 PM
fatkidjoey

Default RE: the losi killer

yea that would be a beast , if your drag raceing , the sav has realy bad turining , unless you do a lot of work to it
Old 02-10-2008, 10:01 PM
ericem

All you need is better TVP's that low the center of gravity, RPM a-arms, RPM skid plate, get some LST shocks with custom bracket, get some nice 40 series wheels, and if you want GOOD power get 2 Picco .28's. Heck just 1 is good. Then upgrade your electronics, like ACE DS1015 for steering, and something fast for throttle. Other then that should then dominate.

Also look at it this way, if you get superchargers won't be that insane LOL, if anything it will just be like running lean except be very difficult to run lean and get alot of bogging and alot of added weight.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Louie2994
Banned

ORIGINAL: ericem

All you need is better TVP's that low the center of gravity, RPM a-arms, RPM skid plate, get some LST shocks with custom bracket, get some nice 40 series wheels, and if you want GOOD power get 2 Picco .28's. Heck just 1 is good. Then upgrade your electronics, like ACE DS1015 for steering, and something fast for throttle. Other then that should then dominate.

Also look at it this way, if you get superchargers won't be that insane LOL, if anything it will just be like running lean except be very difficult to run lean and get alot of bogging and alot of added weight.
im thinking twice on the supercharges but i feel you in everything else
Old 02-11-2008, 06:51 AM
SaVaGe MaN SS

ORIGINAL: Louie2994

basically i want to start out with a savage x 4.6 converted to the truckzilla big twin but then i want to throw in 2 thundertiger ek4 .70 motors that are supercharged with rb innovations superchargers and are nitrous injected. please note that i know they will not last long. anyway i plan to add almost every performance upgrade and durability upgrade. this project officially starts now as i already have the truck so ill update you as it grows.

nah nah if you want a true monster here you go, new era 1/6 kit, jumbo kong tires, 2 o.s. 30vg's, super charger them if you want but does no good, the nos really hasn't worked for me, thats a monster!

http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi...=&part_id=2839
Old 02-11-2008, 08:47 AM
binaryterror

Nitrous and Superchargers do not work in 2 stroke engines without a properly re-designed piping system. All it really does is lean an engine out to get more power...you can do that for free with a screw driver.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:43 PM
beer=food
Banned

Two motors is huge torque not much else, its a drive line breaker, its over heavy, not as fast as a single engine set up, terrible balance , less reliable, almost impossible to hold a perfect tune on two engines unless you run them through the same carby/manifold, if you truelly want to biuld the strongest rig ever, take your savage apart, down to the chassis, and have the chassis made out of titanium for a start, then have all the components re-made out of titanium, now thats unbustable, but its overkill, to the extreeeeeeem, and expence, hope your rich !
lve always wanted to make a 1/5 scale mud crawler with a 4 stroke, but to seriously do that l need some sort of pressurised water system to keep the engine cool.
A stainless steel ''rollcage'' type chassis would be pretty unbreakable, slightly heavy, but megga tough.And you can weld it up yourself, grind and buff, your in buisness !
And the guy above is wrong, superchargers do work on these engines, lm ex diesel mechanic, its called scavenging, and thats what these superchargers give these engines, a much better scavenge, you richen the mix when running a supercharger, common sence, none of these nitro engines are very efficient, theres lots of room for improvement, l wouldnt personally recommend a supercharger on a nitro 2 stroke, because there more hassle and parts to break for very little %age gains, just not worth it, but they do work.
As for nitro, we are running nitro in our methanole, so erm eh ?
To truelly build the beast from hell, you need to design your own chassis mate. l can bend any chassis on the market, just give me 20 minutes with it !

Good luck, l recommend 1 engine.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:28 PM
The Mad Modder

Good thing you didn't call this thread "t-maxx killer". You'd be mobbed in the first three seconds.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:42 PM
beer=food
Banned

hahaha, for sure, l dought its a losi killer in anycase, but it'll be fun for him anyways !
Old 02-11-2008, 03:02 PM
The Mad Modder

Louie, are you planning on using it for racing or bashing?
Old 02-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Louie2994
Banned

ORIGINAL: beer=food

Two motors is huge torque not much else, its a drive line breaker, its over heavy, not as fast as a single engine set up, terrible balance , less reliable, almost impossible to hold a perfect tune on two engines unless you run them through the same carby/manifold, if you truelly want to biuld the strongest rig ever, take your savage apart, down to the chassis, and have the chassis made out of titanium for a start, then have all the components re-made out of titanium, now thats unbustable, but its overkill, to the extreeeeeeem, and expence, hope your rich !
lve always wanted to make a 1/5 scale mud crawler with a 4 stroke, but to seriously do that l need some sort of pressurised water system to keep the engine cool.
A stainless steel ''rollcage'' type chassis would be pretty unbreakable, slightly heavy, but megga tough.And you can weld it up yourself, grind and buff, your in buisness !
And the guy above is wrong, superchargers do work on these engines, lm ex diesel mechanic, its called scavenging, and thats what these superchargers give these engines, a much better scavenge, you richen the mix when running a supercharger, common sence, none of these nitro engines are very efficient, theres lots of room for improvement, l wouldnt personally recommend a supercharger on a nitro 2 stroke, because there more hassle and parts to break for very little %age gains, just not worth it, but they do work.
As for nitro, we are running nitro in our methanole, so erm eh ?
To truelly build the beast from hell, you need to design your own chassis mate. l can bend any chassis on the market, just give me 20 minutes with it !

Good luck, l recommend 1 engine.
thanks alot. ive decided your right it would be better to run with 1 big engine. im still undecided about the supercharger though
Old 02-11-2008, 04:29 PM
ericem

well the supercharger won't work, just create a tuning issue. Like in your other thread you cut out the body for the airfilter to be further exposed, you could have just leaned the high speed needle lmao.

BTW a screw driver is not free its about $0.01-20.00.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Knightfall

ORIGINAL: ericem

well the supercharger won't work, just create a tuning issue. Like in your other thread you cut out the body for the airfilter to be further exposed, you could have just leaned the high speed needle lmao.

BTW a screw driver is not free its about $0.01-20.00.
I found a screw driver once. I still have it too. That was free. ...for me.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:51 PM
hummerman

Ok tonight ive read about powerwheels being converted into RC............ now a twin motor supercharged savage with noss.......lmao

whats next............honda civic engine in savage?

buy em............tweak them within common sense and drive them!!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Xtfreak

Good thing you didn't call this thread "t-maxx killer". You'd be mobbed in the first three seconds
True very very true About the Supercharger why not just dump that idea and go with 2 picco's .28's?
Old 02-11-2008, 09:44 PM
[email protected]

I would just have fun with the truck and maybe do a 3spd and bash your heart out.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Louie2994
Banned

ORIGINAL: Xtfreak

Good thing you didn't call this thread "t-maxx killer". You'd be mobbed in the first three seconds
True very very true About the Supercharger why not just dump that idea and go with 2 picco's .28's?
because .28 just aint big enough for me.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Louie2994
Banned

ORIGINAL: SaVaGe MaN SS

nah nah if you want a true monster here you go, new era 1/6 kit, jumbo kong tires, 2 o.s. 30vg's, super charger them if you want but does no good, the nos really hasn't worked for me, thats a monster!

http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi...=&part_id=2839
THAT DOSENT HELP IF I ALREADY BOUGHT THE SAVAGE
Old 02-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Louie2994
Banned

ORIGINAL: General_Rommel

Louie, are you planning on using it for racing or bashing?
MOSTLY BASHING SIMPLY BECAUSE THERE AREN'T ALOT OF TRACKS IN NJ
Old 02-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Louie2994
Banned

ORIGINAL: General_Rommel

Good thing you didn't call this thread "t-maxx killer". You'd be mobbed in the first three seconds.
I DONT CARE WHAT YOU AND EVERY ONE ELSE THINKS. A STOCK HPI SAVAGE X 4.6 BEATS THE HELL OUT OF THE STOCK TMAXX. ME AND MY FRIEND BOUGHT OUR CARS WITHIN A 3 DAY PERIOD. HE HAS THE TMAXX AND I HAS THE SAVAGE. WE BOTH BROKE OURS IN AT THE SAME TIME, ON THE SAME DAY, WITH THE SAME GALLON OF 20 FUEL. THE NEXT DAY WE STARTED THEM UP (SAVAGE WAS EASIER THEN THE TMAXX) AND TUNED THEM AND RAN ABOUT 5 TANKS THROUGH BOTH. THEN WE TESTED. THE SAVAGE WAS QUICKER OFF THE LIN AND IN OVERALL BUT I MUST SAY THE TMAXX WAS CLOSE BEHIND. THE SAVAGE BEAT THE MAXX IN A PULL OFF AND IN A DURABILITY TEST(JUMPS). FOR THE TESTS THEY WERE BOTH USING THE STOCK SAVAGE WHEELS. I STILL THINK THE TMAXX *LOOKS* BETTER THAN THE SAVAGE.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:37 PM
ericem

ORIGINAL: hummerman

Ok tonight ive read about powerwheels being converted into RC............ now a twin motor supercharged savage with noss.......lmao

whats next............honda civic engine in savage?

buy em............tweak them within common sense and drive them!!!!
want to hear something funny, I had a axial .28 or a mach 427 for sale can't remember which one, anyway was for sale on ebay and they asked me if it will fit in there Honda Civic DX LMAO! I replied and said probably, just the drivetrain might get a little distorted after a gallon or so xD
Old 02-11-2008, 10:51 PM
megamaxx

looks like your going to have your hands full Louie!!!!!SAVAGES are great projects,there are soooooooooooooooo many things you can do tp it,have fun with the build and keep us posted
Old 02-12-2008, 05:03 AM
Hordsak

Louie, I feel as if I lose brain cells every time I read one of your posts. Smashing my head on a brick wall would be less painful.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:02 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*****UPDATE***** IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY IDEAS DON'T BASH THEM. I APPRECIATE THE SUGGESTIONS BUT PLEASE IM KEEPING IT THE WAY I WANT IT.
It's called constructive crititcism, get used to it. This is a forum after all, we're not here to just applaud everything you say!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:36 AM
bsrman14
Banned

*****update***** rename: PROJECT MEGA TORQUE NO SUPERCHARGER PROBABLY NOS THOUGH. DEFIANTLY WANT TO KEEP .70s

*****UPDATE***** IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY IDEAS DON'T BASH THEM. I APPRECIATE THE SUGGESTIONS BUT PLEASE IM KEEPING IT THE WAY I WANT IT.
It was done yrs ago. The New era monster truck. The biggest monter around. Sadly to say there all gone now. 7+ hp. awsome. but wait their is a new clone comming out this spring it will have a 5+ hp motor with a full aluminum frame. It will be the new king monster truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.