Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

tmaxx vs titan vs ek4s2 v2

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 09:38 AM
fuzzylogic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tmaxx vs titan vs ek4s2 v2

Was thinking of getting one of the above trucks to complement my dominator. Any advice from you guys out there?
Old 04-22-2003, 11:39 PM
hitler75

I have the T-Maxx, Dom, and EK4. I think you should get the EK4 as it's a more powerful car with speeds at 1/2 throttle and you can beat your competitors flat out... However, it is difficult to control as the power from it's .70 engine makes it wheelie on almost every squeeze of the throttle But I guess you'll be able to get the hang of it once you're a week or so into it

As for the Titan, it's rather expensive to import from the states, and I don't know of any LHS that carries this truck... but it's .25 engine is sure enticing... I'm intending to get the Dirt Demon maybe in June, if it releases then
Old 04-23-2003, 12:48 AM
hitler75

I was wondering... if you wanted to get the T-Maxx why not consider the Savage as well? It's bigger in everything from chassis to engine... if the BB 21 engine doesn't satisfy you, I heard the XTM 24.7 is a good mod for it
Old 04-23-2003, 01:37 AM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Originally posted by hitler75
I was wondering... if you wanted to get the T-Maxx why not consider the Savage as well? It's bigger in everything from chassis to engine... if the BB 21 engine doesn't satisfy you, I heard the XTM 24.7 is a good mod for it
He did not list the savage so i doubt he wants one. probably because all the trucks he listed would smoke a savage. And why do you have to compare it to the tmaxx? offcourse its going to be bigger its a 1/8 and the tmaxx is a 1/10. Please Do not turn this into another tmaxx vs savage thread, im getting really sick of those. Do you own a savage hitler75?
Old 04-23-2003, 01:54 AM
hitler75

It's always nice to have options. Don't be mistaken I'm not going to compare the 2 trucks. Frankly speaking, I never participate in any of those Savage vs Maxx threads. To me, it's fun at the track that counts
Old 04-23-2003, 02:08 AM
nitroman88

It's always nice to have options. Don't be mistaken I'm not going to compare the 2 trucks. Frankly speaking, I never participate in any of those Savage vs Maxx threads. To me, it's fun at the track that counts
sorry i took that the wrong way. and I agree with you 100% its fun at the track that matters
Old 04-23-2003, 03:06 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

Its nice to see kind words every now and then

I agree. I'm quite sick of this discussion only because anywhere it comes up, the same information, the same questions come up and the same people fight lol

Anyway.. I'm gonna go wait for the MGT some more..

ram
Old 04-23-2003, 03:04 PM
fuzzylogic

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm able to get all the trucks that've listed locally. In fact, the ek4 is slightly cheaper over in my part of the world.

I was acutally considering the savage but from what I've seen, the spur gear gets stripped pretty easily.

The good thing abt the tmaxx is that the replacement parts are pretty inexpensive at my LHS. Think a set of stock lower front arms only cost like US$10.

I've not seen the titan yet but read pretty good things abt it. For the kit alone, it's gonna set my back US$400. Not too sure if it's with longer chassis as the distributor here gets it directly from Hong Nor.

Any of you guys seen the deluxe titan in action?
Old 04-23-2003, 03:08 PM
fuzzylogic

I have the T-Maxx, Dom, and EK4. I think you should get the EK4 as it's a more powerful car with speeds at 1/2 throttle and you can beat your competitors flat out... However, it is difficult to control as the power from it's .70 engine makes it wheelie on almost every squeeze of the throttle But I guess you'll be able to get the hang of it once you're a week or so into it

As for the Titan, it's rather expensive to import from the states, and I don't know of any LHS that carries this truck... but it's .25 engine is sure enticing... I'm intending to get the Dirt Demon maybe in June, if it releases then
Is your ek4 v1 or v2? How durable is the truck? You got it from rotor? The have hop ups for the truck?
Old 04-23-2003, 03:22 PM
Unstable

Originally posted by fuzzylogic
Thanks for the tips guys. I'm able to get all the trucks that've listed locally. In fact, the ek4 is slightly cheaper over in my part of the world.

I was acutally considering the savage but from what I've seen, the spur gear gets stripped pretty easily.
I havent stripped mine yet and I have been beating mine as hard as I can...

you said you have a dominator? what do you think of it. they have one sitting in the LHS (not RTR needs radio) and it looks nice but it doesnt look like a jump/bash truck. it looks more like a speed/race truck. thought? opinions?
Old 04-23-2003, 03:36 PM
kenlhmaxx
My Feedback: (4)

Hello Hitler75 !!!

Hows your Subaru Landmaxxxx
Old 04-23-2003, 05:49 PM
fuzzylogic

Originally posted by Unstable
I havent stripped mine yet and I have been beating mine as hard as I can...

you said you have a dominator? what do you think of it. they have one sitting in the LHS (not RTR needs radio) and it looks nice but it doesnt look like a jump/bash truck. it looks more like a speed/race truck. thought? opinions?
It's a pretty sturdy truck for bashing. The ground clearance is not the best in the world but the chassis can sure take a fair bit of punishment. It handles pretty well due to it's lower stance. Parts and hop ups are readily available and dun cost u an arm or a leg. The stock 4 port engine is fine but can be easily upgraded by changing the sleeve and piston to the 8 port one. The truck screams with the 8 port but of coz no where as fast as one with the ws7 or an os.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:43 PM
hitler75

Mine is the EK4 V2. The V1 is actually made of glass... I heard of people dumping their V1 a few days after purchase

As for the Dominator, it's really a speed truck. Because of it's low CG based on the 1/8 buggy chassis, it's steering is perhaps one of the best around, provided you have a good servo to fall on In terms of speed, the Dom is the king of it's class.

fuzzy, where can you get the Titan for US$400? I am looking for the long chassis as well and most websites I went listed their prices at US$500+
Old 04-24-2003, 01:50 AM
nitroman88

Originally posted by BUGGIES_R_US
Its nice to see kind words every now and then

I agree. I'm quite sick of this discussion only because anywhere it comes up, the same information, the same questions come up and the same people fight lol

Anyway.. I'm gonna go wait for the MGT some more..

ram
same here im going to wait for the MGT before i make my decision
Old 04-24-2003, 02:15 AM
hitler75

How does the MGT match up against say Savage? Anybody seen any preview shots or intro about the truck? When will it be released in the states?
Old 04-24-2003, 02:36 AM
grampi

I can't wait to start reading the owner's reviews on the MGT. It looks massive and very well built. The magazine reviews are OK, but you get a much better indication of what you can expect from a vehicle in real world applications when you hear it straight from the owners.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:36 PM
fuzzylogic

Mine is the EK4 V2. The V1 is actually made of glass... I heard of people dumping their V1 a few days after purchase

As for the Dominator, it's really a speed truck. Because of it's low CG based on the 1/8 buggy chassis, it's steering is perhaps one of the best around, provided you have a good servo to fall on In terms of speed, the Dom is the king of it's class.

fuzzy, where can you get the Titan for US$400? I am looking for the long chassis as well and most websites I went listed their prices at US$500+
There's a shop in bukit merah view that sells the titan. Stock ain't in yet and the guy doesn't know if it's gonna be the one with the extended chassis.

Btw, are EK4 hop ups available at rotor? Quite keen on this truck but kinda worried abt parts and hop ups availability.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:29 PM
Unstable

Originally posted by fuzzylogic
It's a pretty sturdy truck for bashing. The ground clearance is not the best in the world but the chassis can sure take a fair bit of punishment. It handles pretty well due to it's lower stance. Parts and hop ups are readily available and dun cost u an arm or a leg. The stock 4 port engine is fine but can be easily upgraded by changing the sleeve and piston to the 8 port one. The truck screams with the 8 port but of coz no where as fast as one with the ws7 or an os.
thats pretty much the impression I got from checking it out at the LHS.

I do like the tires that are on the one in the shop

I might have to get a set for my savage.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:01 AM
hitler75

fuzzy, do you have an address, website, email, or phone number for the bukit merah shop? I might wanna go down and take a look for myself. How much are they selling for the Titan?