Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Official XTM Monster MT Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 05:15 AM
koc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by firemanak View Post
Hi I am new to the RC Nitro world, thinking I was getting a deal, I bought a Xtm mmt 1/8 monster truck, ready to run, after adding a receiver and the controller, found out there was parts missing and parts broken.. My local hobby shop, said he would see if he can find me parts, but he didn't sound like he could... Anyone bought parts in last 3 months? from where? Thanks
Oh awesome, is the user manual only thing for rebuilding your truck, after tearing it down to the frame?
Hello firemanak, you can find some parts in Ebay or in some hoppy sites,
and here is the manual
http://media.globalhobby.com/manual/145621.PDF
Old 02-05-2016, 06:38 AM
grabbem88

If you don't want it let me know...probably have a few bucks left on PayPal..

But yes eBay is your best source for some parts and they will cost you...starting to become hens teeth.
Old 06-18-2016, 05:22 PM
Robyorks

Just joined here as I recently acquired a monster mt and have been scouring the interweb for likeminded folks who share my adoration for it.

I have just read through the entire contents of this thread and feel the need to disagree with anyone commenting on it's reliability. You see, my recent purchase was from a life long friend who has owned the truck from new and in all honesty has only ever had to replace either front or rear bumpers. When he told me he was ready to part with it, I practically threw the money at him!

So, one month on and I have spent a few quid on the old girl. Wasn't happy with the radio gear so changed that. Stripped the engine (28) to service it and found the piston/liner to be heavily scored so replaced that with an R36. First half tank went through that today so it's a TBC

The bodyshell is beat up pretty good so if anyone knows of a cheaper replacement than stock, that would be cool.

That's all for now, more when the new engine has run in

Rob.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:04 PM
gsbuickman

Hiya guys. It's veen awhile since I've logged in here at RCU. I got out of ground vehicles and focused on my fast electric boats for awhile. Unfortunatly boats died off around here and I got bored running by myself so I let my boats go.*

I've been running rc's for 20 some years now, but I'm also a nitro junkie that won't touch anything with a smallblock Because they're just too temperamental. For me, it's all about bigblock 8th scale. The last few I had was a Mammoth ST, Savage X, Savage 5.9, Ofna Jammin, Sportwerks Truggy and a Duratrax Raze Truggy, And that's just a few of the rig's I've had over the last Several years So I'm pretty Adapt With Gas powered RC's.*

Well, since I'm back into ground vehicles I decided to start things off right so I piicked up another *really nice XTM Mammoth ST that's super clean And all original rightdown to the factory body. And a new XTM Mega Monster Truck since thats ine XTM I haven't had before, needless to say I'm really impressed with it.

The Gentlemen that I purchased it from bought it new And took it home and parked it And never got back to it after that because his friends got out of rc's And he didn't feel like going out and Running by himself which I can relate to with my boats, so this rig sat there until I bought it from him.

I can honestly say that this thing is a vbeast and i really like it, but I won't be bashing it do to Parts availability or lack there for us, and the same can be said for my Mammoth. This Doesn't mean I won't be putting them through their paces, I'll just try and be careful so I Won't break anything That may be hard to replace. I Already broke a front lower a arm which was rather surprising as easily as it broke,but maybe it was a fluke, idk ?. Either way I already had a couple sets of spares so it's fixed and ready to roll.

Last edited by gsbuickman; 07-18-2016 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:16 PM
gsbuickman

Old 07-18-2016, 07:27 PM
gsbuickman

Old 07-18-2016, 07:34 PM
gsbuickman

Like it has been mentioned thru this thread, the crystal dinosaur radios suck. I just ordered a new Flysky Dimension GT3X 2.4ghx that I will be running them with