Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Support group for RC addicts?

Old 03-11-2008, 07:30 AM
beakersafreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Support group for RC addicts?

Hello my name is beaker and I'm a RC addict. A while back I went to the tower hobbies web site to get head shims for my warhead. Just the shims, nothing else!! Next thing ya know I'm banging away on the buy it now button like some kinda rabid monkey hopped up on artificial stimulants. Now I'm eating bologna sandwiches for a month so I can pay for the 2 new trucks I ordered. Its a good thing I'm not married or I wouldn't be getting any for a long time. Am I the only one to be looking at some new shocks or a new big block thinking "if I eat nothing but ramen noodles for 2 months I can get that!!!"?
Old 03-11-2008, 08:12 AM
RCCanuck

Default RE: Support group for RC addicts?

I don't know about eating noodles for 2 monthes but I can't go into my LHS without spending several hundred bux...that line about the rabid monkey hopped up on stimulants was funny dude...first laugh I have had today
Old 03-11-2008, 02:28 PM
beer=food
Banned

haahah, neat, try AA dude ! hahaha
Old 03-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Straick7

Hello Beaker. I am Straick, and I too am an RC addict. From the money I make, i pay my bills and the rest goes to the RC's. My last trip to the hobby shop(for some diff lube for the Revo) ended up costing me almost 200 dollars. All that stops online spending is that I misplaced my plastic money card.
So, where's the first RAA(RC Addicts Anonymous) going to be held and who's supplying the nitro, I mean coffe?
Old 03-13-2008, 03:07 AM
BudBud

Hello Beaker, I am BudBud, I think I have sniffed too much Nitro and lost all touch with reality. It is a good thing my house is paid for or I might have to sell it to support my habit. It is pretty bad when the trucks in my basement are worth more than the trucks in my driveway..... Please keep me informed of the first RCAA meeting. (Could you also let me in on a good place to run a monster truck nearby, or the closest well stocked RC Shop????) BB
Old 03-13-2008, 04:44 AM
megamaxx

and the guys at the LHS are like the pushers,"Hey man check this out,just what your truck needs ".first the cold sweat and butterflies of this new set in,and then .........AWWWWWWW man i got try that out and your reaching for the ole wallet.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:44 PM
magnum57

well i knew this would happen a thread about us rc junkies. i have a severe addiction. check out my gallery. i get one and have to get another and another it just wont stop. AA for rc addicts for me i guess. or just keep having a ball with it till mama kills me !!!![X(]
Old 03-14-2008, 09:07 AM
R/C Lightweight

Hilarious! I can't stop laughing!!! I was just talking to my bro about this stuff yesterday. My R/C has taken control of my entire house. There isn't a single room free of something R/C related. Even the can has R/C Driver, RCCA, and a couple of owners manuals hangin' around!!! Haaaaa. If you don't laugh, you'll cry. So here's to all you R/C addicts out there! Keep the nitro burnin' and the wheels a' turnin'!!!

P.S. Any information regarding the first RCAA meeting would be greatly appreciated, especially by my wife!!!
Old 03-14-2008, 06:25 PM
silverman1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I was the founding father of this group several years ago. and yes I have just got nitro vehicle 23 or 24, I have lost count. I know about the cold sweats before hitting buy it now!!! I'll look and look until I can find the best buy. Just to let you all know I am the proud owner of a inferno gt 1/8 scale austin martin, Its a dam show piece, absolutely Beautiful. Credit card companies and online rc dealers love me. Now if I would have just stayed with the beer drinking instead. lose one vise and trade it for another.

You when your an rc addict when you have to sneak the vehicle into the house when no one is home, and you have enough other rc vehicles in boxes you can just manage to blend the new in!!![sm=drowning.gif]
Old 03-15-2008, 02:15 AM
Evader ---> MGT

ORIGINAL: magnum57

well i knew this would happen a thread about us rc junkies. i have a severe addiction. check out my gallery. i get one and have to get another and another it just wont stop. AA for rc addicts for me i guess. or just keep having a ball with it till mama kills me !!!![X(]
Dude, you're a freakin RC GOD!!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 06:33 AM
beakersafreak

Ohh man!!! I think tower hobbies owns me!! I just talked myself into getting rid of one truck and suddenly tower hobbies sends me a e-mail letting me know they have the CEN GST 7.7 in stock. I debated for a long time between the CEN and the MGT 8.0 before getting the MGT. Even though tthe MGT kicks major butt that GST just looks so hella cool. And hey tower has one waiting for me!!! Damn I wish I had a sponsor I could call. I gotta go order some shocks for my t-maxx and I'm afraid of what I'll have in my shopping cart when I click the big button. I could wallpaper my tiny little appartment with all the coupons that tower sends with everything I order. The tiny little appartment that looks like a hobby shop exploded in it. Admitting you have a problem is the first step towards getting a new MT!! No wait that doesn't sound right... Ohhh well works for me
Old 03-15-2008, 08:13 AM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: Evader ---> MGT

ORIGINAL: magnum57

Dude, you're a freakin RC GOD!!!!

OMG***BBQ for realio!!
Old 03-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Straick7

I have a confession to make. After I got paid at work, it was straight to the LHS for difflube. And while I was there I ordered a Proline Crowd Pleaser body for my Revo 2.5, new piston, sleeve, and inner head for its OS18TM, and more glowplugs. Guess that it's a good thing I didn't break any other parts recently.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:08 PM
burningpoo

ORIGINAL: beakersafreak

Hello my name is beaker and I'm a RC addict. A while back I went to the tower hobbies web site to get head shims for my warhead. Just the shims, nothing else!! Next thing ya know I'm banging away on the buy it now button like some kinda rabid monkey hopped up on artificial stimulants. Now I'm eating bologna sandwiches for a month so I can pay for the 2 new trucks I ordered. Its a good thing I'm not married or I wouldn't be getting any for a long time. Am I the only one to be looking at some new shocks or a new big block thinking "if I eat nothing but ramen noodles for 2 months I can get that!!!"?

I'm in a common law marriage and just got my wife addicted, she just started and I think she's ready for nitro[>:]. But for a cheap meal that has a little more to it than balongna and ramen is this stuff called chow mein teriyaki beef flavored nissin noodles. I cut out real food to keep us in parts and only pay $.83 for something that will keep you going for a few hours and put some change in your pocket for parts I still eat a real meal for dinner tho...but now I can wait for ebay to fall into my price range....just takes some time to get parts cheap...can't buy it now and eat food everyday so I just sit in for the long haul and snake parts people don't want that week[sm=tongue_smile.gif]
Old 03-16-2008, 11:32 AM
ryuhito

Hi, my name is Matt and I'm an addict. I don't have a dining room anymore, I have a 'shop'. I can't really feel my thumbtips right now because of building turnbuckles. I keep all of my Hobbytown receipts from the last 4 years in a shoebox and it's really scary. I have a special problem; I am more addicted to working on my vehicles than actually driving them. I spend probably 5 hours working on each of my cars for every hour I spend driving it. I'm also a paint junkie, right now there are 18 different shells laying around (and a box of probably 12 in storage). Glad to know I'm not alone haha.