Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

How much exra stress will big joe tires and an extended chassis put on the savage k4.6 engine?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

How much exra stress will big joe tires and an extended chassis put on the savage k4.6 engine?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:24 AM
john2364

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much exra stress will big joe tires and an extended chassis put on the savage k4.6 engine?

I am thinking that I might make my savage a bit bigger. From what I have heard, you can do the job well by putting on big joes and an extended chassis. How will the stock k4.6 engine take the extra strain from the additional weight and tire mass?
Old 03-16-2008, 10:30 AM
megamaxx

Default RE: How much exra stress will big joe tires and an extended chassis put on the savage k4.6 engine?

just extended mine and added jumbo swamp dawgs,dont see why the 4.6 would have anyy trouble turning them.stronger steering servo would be recomended,that where i am at.the JR servo just dont have the uuummmmph to get them turned under any kind of stress
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14296.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	904722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75589.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	904723  
Old 03-16-2008, 10:32 AM
megamaxx

Default RE: How much exra stress will big joe tires and an extended chassis put on the savage k4.6 engine?

ooops
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36957.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	904727  
Old 03-16-2008, 12:18 PM
drivefastgto

I wouldn't worry about the weight of the chassis...Those FLM extended TVPs only weigh about 3.5oz more than the stockers, and most of their other chassis stuff weighs less than stock. The IRC TVPs should be even lighter than FLMs, since they aren't as thick.