Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Help me get started the right way.

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Help me get started the right way.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Elite_Tux487

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help me get started the right way.

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=ASC1738!1001 Then alternatively the AE Factory Team glow igniter should be sufficient.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:05 PM
qaiz

Since hes ordering everything from Tower

This IS the best one they have

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVZ07&P=ML
Old 03-20-2008, 05:13 PM
oneslowz28

Well I just got off the phone with my LHS (ok so its 20 miles away) and they have 2 blue ones in stock. Its $399.00 but he said he would throw in a gallon of fuel for free and give me a certificate for 20% off my next parts/fuel purchase. So I will go pick up the truck tomorrow. He claims to stock the full line of replacement/ factory team parts and carries 80% of the after market hop ups for the MGT and the MMGT so I am 90% positive that I will buy everything I need through him and from ebay. I also might pick up a used JATO he has for 120 bucks. He said it runs strong and I can test it out in the parking lot before I buy it. So if all goes right this time tomorrow I will be the proud new owner of a blue MGT and a body less JATO.

Edit: I forgot to mention that he has a bashing park and a dirt track on some land he owns with the intention of building a paved track later this year. So I may be able to race my electrics again. That means I will have to order and build a few new LIPO packs for my car.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:12 PM
jay863fl

Sweet, post up some pics when you can
Old 03-20-2008, 07:26 PM
oneslowz28

I have a wedding to photograph tomorrow but plan on picking up the truck(s) on the way and if I get home in time tomorrow I will take a few and post them up. The wedding pics will however take first priority as they are what pays the bills.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:45 PM
speedracer101

Can you guys help me to? I was thinking of getting a mgt 4.6 or the losi aftershock, I'm mainly looking for stock durability and dependability, until I can afford upgrage parts later. I have been reading all I can find on both these trucks for at least a week now, and I am strongly leading towards the mgt 4.6 seeing as I have had good success with associated in the past. But was curious as to see what poeple thought of the aftershock. Thanks for all help
Old 03-21-2008, 08:55 PM
oneslowz28

Well I didnt get to pick up the MGT today. I got almost to the LHS and noticed that I forgot one of my camera bags back at home. So I had no choice but to turn around and go back and get the bag which meant I did not have the time to stop by the shop and get the truck. I will try to make it up there tomorrow. I called the LSH and told the owner I was sorry that I didn't make it by and he said he would hold the MGT and the JATO for me.

Question time.

1. Are you guys running anything but the stock glow plugs?

2. How many glow plugs should I keep on me when out running the truck.

3. Looking back now what would be the first thing you bought for the truck?

4. SHould I buy an extra air filter or should I upgrade the air filter?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:14 PM
buck in rut

i run mc9 glow plug i always keep 2 on hand especially for break in the first thing i bought was a 14 tooth clutch bell i still use the stock filter just get some filter oil you can clean and re oil many times allot of the things you listed above you really don't need get the fok and the tires and wheels will be good for a while there just a little heavy save you money get the truck and run it just see how it does for you then upgrade from there you will save a bunch of money not buying a bunch of gimmicks you dint need