Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Mini MGT 3.0 or Savage X 4.6

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 09:26 PM
xander31991

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini MGT 3.0 or Savage X 4.6

Well im stumped, i have about 500$ but only want to spend about 450$.
I want a bashing truck, i am not a noob im just getting back into the hobbie. I know t-maxx's are fragile as glass, and lst's suck so im between a savage and mini mgt
Savage likes - big, duarble many aftermarket componets
savage dislikes - gas hog, at times may be too big. not sure of speed, ive had nitro tourin cars and stuff aint fast no more.
MGT 3.0 likes - fuel efficient, sounds durable, nice size,
MGT 3.0 dislikes - not any aftermarket, tires, bodies may fit funny cause of size. Not sure about speed.
I need help from ppl who have these trucks.
Give me your oppinion, about the trucks,
Thanks
Old 03-22-2008, 09:32 PM
shanty140

Default RE: Mini MGT 3.0 or Savage X 4.6

Between those two I would pick the Savage. As for fuel hog that really isn't true. The savage is just has the same fuel comsumption as any .28 engine. Compared to the MMGT yes it burns more fuel. The run times on any nitro truck are about 15 minutes anyway.

But ya I would go with the Savage and wouldn't look back. Not saying the MMGT isn't a good truck though.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:33 PM
xander31991

yea
i think i am goin toward a savage, i had one a few years ago but it was used and in bad condition
Old 03-22-2008, 09:42 PM
twomanytoys

I just bought a savage adn couldnt be happier but to say LST's suck is so far from the truth. LST's are great trucks also. The Savage is an awsome truck. Bought mine from ebay new for 390 shipped. Next truck is going to be a Losi Aftershock.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:53 PM
R/C Lightweight

ORIGINAL: xander31991

Well im stumped, i have about 500$ but only want to spend about 450$.
I want a bashing truck, i am not a noob im just getting back into the hobbie. I know t-maxx's are fragile as glass, and lst's suck so im between a savage and mini mgt
Ouch! "LST's suck"? Wow, either you had one that gave you nothing but trouble, or you've never owned one and aren't speaking from experience. I don't think many people will go as far as to say they suck. Sure, people all have their preferences, but the LST2 is well thought of as being the best all around MT you can buy RTR straight out of the box. Oh well, that aside, both those trucks are sweet in their own right. Don't think you'll be disapointed either way you go. I posted about inquiring between those 2 exact trucks a couple weeks ago myself. Tough decision ( I still haven't decided ), and the answers I got were a mixed bag, but obviously that means that people are having good experiences with both. Good luck, and let us know how it works out for you.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:55 PM
xander31991

thanks and sorry to offend you about the lst
i often help out at my hobby shop and
ill repair 10 lst's to one savage,
i took one out and hit a tree 1 foot tall and 1 inch around, it broke the front arm and bumber, and i was still in first gear.