Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Hop-up my Savage 25 or buy a new MT?

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Hop-up my Savage 25 or buy a new MT?

Old 03-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Poison Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hop-up my Savage 25 or buy a new MT?

Hi,
I am not exactly new to RC because I own a Savage 25 and have had it for about 2 - 3 years. I just don't have a huge amount of knowledge about RC and very slowly plot along when learning about bits and pieces. At this stage I am really not into racing and just enjoy bashing and my Savage 25 is still stock standard.

What I would like now is more speed and better handling.

(1) Would I be better to hop-up my Savage or buy a new MT?

(2) If I was to buy a new MT, what then would be a good basher (something different to the Savage) for speed and handling and also durable?

I can spend about 1000 Australian (AUD) which currently is approx 915 USD but only because prices here in Australia can be quite expensive compared to US. Of course I do have the option from buying overseas.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Snaut Rocket

Default RE: Hop-up Savage or new MT?

Monster gt/ mtA4. only 390 at tower or 400 at amain.
Well worth it than spending more on a revo or a over priced other truck.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:10 PM
twomanytoys

The MGT 4.6 is a great truck for about 400 US and the Savage X rtr is a great truck also for about 400 US. Both are pretty much the top of the line when it comes to bashers.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Elite_Tux487

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=ASC20501!1007 MGT 4.6 ...369 at ultimate hobbies
Old 03-25-2008, 07:53 PM
bighound

go lst2, its a completely different experience from a savage. in rtr form its real solid and it can also take a beating. i went with the savage x after a while just to try something new and i like the both of them. the lst2 is much more imposing and it can move despite the size.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:38 AM
BudBud

I say just keep the Savage, aluminum differentials are available on Ebay for 25 bucks plus shipping, transmissions too, other than that, there is not much to break.... You could buy a nice Picco 28 or LRP 28 and a Tsais header with an 086 or 053 pipe and get some real power and still have buku bux left over. You could have a spare Picco and a set of Fast Lane Machine extended and or lowering plates and still have bux left over! [link=http://www.fastlanemachine.com/PublicPortal/NitroProducts/Savage/tabid/56/Default.aspx]Fast Lane Machine[/link] sells a lot of nice Savage products and they are quality stuff! BB
Old 03-26-2008, 03:22 PM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id go for the lst2. its much more durable out of the box then the MGT and has a better radio and handles better. if you dont want to spend that much grab a AFT/MB/RAM from losi. my lst2 has taken a beating and it 8 months ive only broken 2 a-arms and a shock end and it was my fault. i hit a parked car doing about 35. the cost to fix the damage a whole 16 dollars