Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Oil madness!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 07:58 PM
F-22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil madness!?

I'm gonna purchase a CEN GST 7.7 and I have a question. I'd ask it in the other thread, but I fear I have to actually go to sleep tonight. It says in the RC universe review it needs:
8 AA Batteries or Transmitter Pack
4 AA Batteries or Receiver Pack
Nitro
Air Filter Oil
After-Run Oil
Flathead Screwdriver.

What's Air Filter Oil and After-run Oil? Where can you buy some?
Old 03-26-2008, 08:07 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: Oil madness!?

Air filter oil is applied to the air filter itself. It collects any dirt and debris that might get past the foam element. Usually there is an inner, and an outer foam filter. The outer is the non oiled, pre filter. The inner is oiled, and catches all the nasties that get by the outer.

The after run oil is oil thats put into the motor after running it. Only if you dont plan to run it for long periods of time. It helps prevent rust. Your LHS should have both types of oil. If not, any online shop will. Tower, amain, etc.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:07 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are the most basic items in the nitro hobby. Try googling it or looking on ebay, very simple.. Hobbico After run oil is very good stuff. Air filter oil is ok from most brands, I use Traxxas because I bought a part lot on ebay with a bunch of extras oil bottles. I also use Maxy's I think, not 100% if that is the brand tho.. Too tired to check, what a long day..
Old 03-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Soothsayerman

Marvel Mystery Oil works wonders
Old 03-28-2008, 07:46 PM
misasi

I dont mean to steal the thread or anything... but whats the deal with after run oil? i ran about 3 gallons of o'donnel through my old motor [including long breaks] and the engine was as clean as a whistle by the third gallon. sure the piston had a goldish color but it still ran great and was clean as heck inside and i never used after run oil. no rust either.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Elite_Tux487

I dunno, some people are lucky. All of my engines are the same way. Ive had nitro cars since i was 10 years old and never used ARO and don't have any rust. Yet my friends 4-tec with a trx 2.5 had the crank rust really bad. Same thing no aro and it was only a year old or so.