RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Where did the Assoc MGT Go?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 04:34 PM
mgoony
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where did the Assoc MGT Go?

Well, its almost summer. Still no Team Associated Monster GT. It was supposed to be out about the same time as the Savage 21. Nope... Spring 2003, Nope...

vaporware

I guess Associated decided to see IF there was a market for it, then decided to build it.

Anyone else hear anything about it???
Old 04-29-2003, 05:59 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

even the dirt demon was supposed to come out this april and its almost May and theyre not here yet ..
Old 04-29-2003, 06:29 PM
savageone

I'm betting Associated is watching, researching, and redesigning their truck based on what people have to say about the Savage. If that's feasible.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:53 PM
grampi

They need to quit farting around and just put the damn thing out already!
Old 04-29-2003, 06:54 PM
savageone

For sure. I want to see one. I bet it rocks.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:00 PM
perculator

Default R&D

If the engineers at Associated are smart they are taking their time and making sure they dont make the same mistakes as the engineers that made the T-maxx and Savage did.

I for one would rather see a company make a rock solid product a year later than a shoddy one now.

The video game industry is a perfect example of how the rush to bring a product to the shelves undermines the quality and reputation of the product.

Sega anyone?
Old 04-29-2003, 07:03 PM
grampi

How frickin' long do they need? They've been working on this MGT project now for more than year! We're not talking about a new full sized pickup here, it's just an RC MT.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:04 PM
savageone

Long enough for the problems with the t-maxx and Savage to develop.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:17 PM
Polobear

Well I can't assume they're stalling design/manufacture to wait and see how their competitor products hold up... if that's built into their design schedule, they are fatally flawed.

On the other hand, it's possible, I suppose, that they have encountered some genuine issues that they are actually trying to solve prior to launch rather than just launching and 'hopping up those parts' later.

pb
Old 04-29-2003, 09:19 PM
caseyddr

Default Re: R&D

Originally posted by perculator
If the engineers at Associated are smart they are taking their time and making sure they dont make the same mistakes as the engineers that made the T-maxx and Savage did.

I for one would rather see a company make a rock solid product a year later than a shoddy one now.

The video game industry is a perfect example of how the rush to bring a product to the shelves undermines the quality and reputation of the product.

Sega anyone?
what are you talking about, sega rocks, Dreamcast was the best thing they ever did and they started a revolution in online console gaming. The dreamcast and it's games are one of the most highly sought after systems even though it sells so cheap. Imports on a american dreamcast w/o mods is thanks
Old 04-29-2003, 09:24 PM
perculator

No company should ever rush out a product in haste to meet an expected release date, let alone a rumored one.

Hopefully they are doing a massive amount of testing to ensure that there are very few weak links, everything is easily accessable, and that it just plain rocks.

When I got my T-maxx after being out of RC for 4 years or so I about crapped my pants. I was amazed at how fast, durable, and forgiving this car was to drive. It made my losi XXT look like a toy. Just imagine what is going to happen to the innovation if Associated pulls it off and makes a product that everyone has to have. Something that makes the T-Maxx and Savage look silly is I'm sure what Associated wants.... and with enough work and diligence they might just pull it off.

Upping the Ante on the rest of the industry makes innovation happen and gives us superior products... I will wait for that.

Oh and the point about Sega Casey? Sure the dreamcast rocks.... but it is technically inferior to it's 128 bit bretheren, oh ya... and they no longer develop games for it..

Every single system Sega released became a failure once their competitors released their systems.... Genesis=Failure after SuperNintendo. Saturn=Big time Failure after PS1. Dreamcast=Laughably incompetent compared to PS2/NGC/Xbox.

Of course downloading Dreamcast games rules
Old 04-29-2003, 10:04 PM
grampi

I doubt AE can do anything with the MGT that will make the Savage and T-Maxx look silly. Both are very solid MT's with strong points that'll be tough for any MT to top. The Savage is very durable and a compitent handler, and I doubt the MGT will even come close to the Maxx in terms of speed and acceleration. Can the MGT be improved over the other MT's out there? Sure it can, and I'm sure it will be. Is it going to be improved enough to make the T-Maxx and Savage look silly? I highly doubt it.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:18 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

I think the MGT will be in bettween the maxx and the savage. In my opinion it will probably go faster then the savage and handle quite well considering that AE is heavily in the racing bussiness. I doubt it will go faster then the tmaxx unless they spent more money on a better engine. The MGT is suppose to have 5+ GC aswell. Again These are purely speculations, all my assumptions could be total BS.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:34 PM
LooneyTunes

I sure would like to know what is taking Associated so darned long. They already missed a couple of release dates. I doubt re-engineering is an issue this late in the game. Gearing up production is more likely the problem. I read that the MGT is going to be assembled by Thuder Tiger in Taiwan. Maybe there are some political issues?
I am sure the MGT is not going to be perfect when it comes out either. Both the T-Maxx and Savage aren't perfect. Neither will the MGT. I have a Savage and I would say that 75% of the problems are quality control issues. Not design flaws. The problems change from batch to batch. I think AE is going to experience some problems in the first couple of runs of MGTs as well.
Anyway, I just want to see this truck hit the stores. So far it's all hype.

LT
Old 04-30-2003, 12:28 AM
hitler75

Sites at Tower and ehobbies are taking backorders eventhough the MGT and Dirt Demons are not officially released. Maybe that's why AE and HB are holding back on delivery to LHS and online stores.

If orders turn out to be weak, they might just keep adding upgrades to them and releasing bits and pieces of new info about their products... no wonder we have conflicting reports some threads back on what actually comes with the stock MTs
Old 05-01-2003, 02:05 AM
br052602

here is what TA said they will not be going with TT no more they will have there name one the radios all in house to many prob. with TT
Old 05-01-2003, 02:41 AM
grampi

Originally posted by br052602
here is what TA said they will not be going with TT no more they will have there name one the radios all in house to many prob. with TT
Are you talking about Thunder Tiger when you say TT? If so, TT makes the engines for TA, not the radios. Ace makes their radios.
Old 05-01-2003, 02:46 AM
POJack

Default Re: R&D

Originally posted by perculator

Sega anyone?
ROFLMAO...Yeah, the CD thing I think it was called the Saturn...What a joke, I don't even see anyone selling any dreamcast games anymore. Who even has a dreamcast???
Old 05-01-2003, 02:53 AM
hpiguy

AE waited a long time to release the TC3 also.

Over 18 months after first talking about it.

I think they like to take along time to work out bugs and research things. And sometimes the word leaks way too early about a project, so AE announces it and then takes forever releasing it.

Oh and to comment on the game systems..... Sega WAS cool, and is cool no longer. I think they were handed their death blow by the PS2. Heck the PS2 has almost put Nintendo out of business also. I think the only real good systems left are Sony and Microsoft. But that's my opinion.
Old 05-01-2003, 03:08 AM
caseyddr

Originally posted by hpiguy
AE waited a long time to release the TC3 also.

Over 18 months after first talking about it.

I think they like to take along time to work out bugs and research things. And sometimes the word leaks way too early about a project, so AE announces it and then takes forever releasing it.

Oh and to comment on the game systems..... Sega WAS cool, and is cool no longer. I think they were handed their death blow by the PS2. Heck the PS2 has almost put Nintendo out of business also. I think the only real good systems left are Sony and Microsoft. But that's my opinion.
haha ok another opinion based thing your actually beocming fun to argue with instead of a pain.. anyways, nobody put nintendo anywhere near out of buisness, its jus the gamecube was released sooner than expected, and none of the major titles people were waiting for were out. This year is nintendo's year with all the releases, check segasages.com, they had an article about it
Old 05-01-2003, 04:46 AM
perculator

No one will ever put Nintendo out of business.... not until they come out with a comparable handheld.

Remember the Gameboy has sold more units than any other video game system in history.. And the same games that were made 13 years ago are still playable today...

The GameCube whups up on the PS2 hardware wise... the reason people like the PS2 better is because of the games that are on it. That and it had more than a year jump on Nintendo with the release date.
Old 05-01-2003, 04:52 AM
Rex2342

I Think that Nintendo aims for for the younger generation.I'm 21 years old and I got out of the Mario kick a long time ago and I never really liked Zelda either.The one good move Nintendo did do was score the rights for Resident Evil that pissed me when I found I couldn't get the new RE for PS2.
Old 05-01-2003, 05:23 AM
hpiguy

Like I said it was just my opinion.
I have never really liked Nintendo due to their what seems as youngster focused games.

But then I have a Gameboy original because of the Tetris and F1 Race games craze over a decade ago ( the one with the big, grey body and green screen) and a Gameboy Color that I use all the time.

BTW does this new Gameboy (Advance??) use the older games also. The oldest games and the color games too? I'll have to look into it if it does.
Old 05-01-2003, 05:25 AM
hpiguy

Oh and depending on what the reviews are like on this AE truck it might make be buy another Nitro truck.

I have DOZENS of nitro planes, and an airboat but only one nitro vehicle due to the finicky nature of the small engines (.21 and smaller).

We'll see. I'm willing to wait.
Old 05-01-2003, 05:34 AM
ALLISONMO2
My Feedback: (35)

i would love to see a .21 engine in an ae truck that handles like the savage and has good acceleration and tops out around 35-mabye 40. that's plenty. 2-speed tranny and no reverse. optional bodies would be nice. i would love a hummer body without spending another 30 bucks. rtr price with a DECENT radio up to 425 would sell a ton of trucks! bb std. hi tourque steering servo and cvd type axles. rechargeable batteries throughout also.
i want it all.
i want it now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.