Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Monster Truck Newbie - Tyre Help Please

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Monster Truck Newbie - Tyre Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:14 AM
markiexxx99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster Truck Newbie - Tyre Help Please

Hi,

I have got my first 1:8 scale monster truck (Smartech Magic Wheel) secondhand which needs some work to get it back up and running.

The first thing I noticed is the size of the tyres!!! But one tyre looks like its shrivelled up.

On closer inspection the rims have two holes in them and the shrunk tyre had card glued over these holes. I removed the card and the tyre started returning to a normal shape.
However, if squeezed a small amount of fluid comes out of the rim holes - so I am assuming this is water and I am keeping this wheel in a warm place for it to evaporate out.

I did't get any instructions and would like your expert advice on tyre management.

I intend to run this truck off road, grass, loose surfaces, maybe rocks, but also some flat surfaces and maybe the occasional hard surface drag race.

What do I do with the air holes on the rim? Do I cover them up to keep ait in the tyre like road tyres?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Mark.

PS Does anyone know a good source for Smartech spares or which other manufacturer they are compatible with?