Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Could you build your own Monster Truck?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Could you build your own Monster Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 07:08 AM
ManicMechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could you build your own Monster Truck?

OK Chaps, I've been a member of this forum for a couple of weeks now, and its pretty much certain that if you have a query about nitro, your gonna find the answer in here with the wealth of experience, knowledge and ideas.
I've also discovered that there isn't an MT out there that someone in her hasn't worked on, be it the ever popular T-Maxx through to some obscure old electric MT's
And so to me question.
There has always been debate in here about the pro's and con's of different MT's, durability, speed etc but has anyone ever built there own hybrid from scratch?
The plane guys do it all the time, so do the boat guys. Could you, or has someone built an MT from different stock/hop up/home made parts to make a fast, durable reliable truck that is totally unique?
I don't have the skill or the expertese, but some of you guys in here have done mad conversions/mods leaving stock trucks almost unrecognisable. So, if it hasn't been done, the gauntlet has been thrown down :boxing: if it has, LETS SEE SOME PICS/VIDS
I thank you for your patience.
ManicMechanic.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:37 AM
Rex2342

Default Could you build your own Monster Truck?

I'm thinking about making a 3mm carbon fiber chassis for my RS4 3 SS and maybe a set of TVP's for my savage but nothing as extreme as designing a car/truck from the ground up!I wish I had the resources to do it. I would love to build my own but it looks I'll half to settle for customizing My Savage instead.I just finished making a Fuel tank guard out of thin sheet aluminum it doesn't look like much but it will keep my fuel tank from getting punctured so I guess that fits into the more durable catagory.
Old 05-03-2003, 04:12 AM
NitroHolmes

Default Engineering MT

Sounds like a great idea....I've never done it, but would be willing. I've got the know-how(I study Mechanical Engineering at Cal Poly Pomona in SoCal), now if I could just get some sponsors to pay for all the parts........
Old 05-03-2003, 05:43 AM
Ledgendary
Banned

Default I have my $3,000 CNC mill sitting in my shop,

That is just begging me to come up with a new idea! Right now all it's doing is collecting dust! I am drawing up some plans to change a few things but not a whole new MT at least not yet! I am making new A-arms for my Stampede that are wider and allow me to put on T-Maxx wheels which is going to be cool!