Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

To define tough?

Old 04-24-2008, 11:15 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To define tough?

ok guys long time no see. this thread is not to be a flame war by no means...
__________________________________________________ _______________

i see a lot of people saying that this truck is tougher then another etc.. all trucks are tough some can handle a jump and the others can't, even if u have 2 of the same each truck is different, but this comes to mind lately, savage, lst2, revo, tmaxx, emaxx, mgt, etc... all these great trucks, but go on ebay and search for them at anytime there's someone on there selling parts trucks etc... i can see if u need money you will sell them but if there so tough why are you selling them and why so many listings? i mean people think when its time for a new truck the look at trucks like lst or revo or savage etc... but the other trucks know one talks about never gets any love even tho there great trucks, is it because there tough, or people just forgot or what? go on ebay and look for mad force or giga crusher, or x-factor, dirt demon etc... and guess what you find little to absolutely nothing! why? there just as good as the next guy, there are all these threads on this truck or that truck or this broke or that broke etc... but do you ever see people posting problems for mad force or there x-factor etc.. the older here before the others etc.. trucks no.... ever once in a blue moon you will see a post, but other then that how often can you remember the last time someone thought about one of those truck for a new rc instead of these new trucks that keep coming out, there's nothing wrong with them or the others, but this still stands. i think you could define these trucks as tough, yea people do not look at these truck cause there's not a big after market support, well if there's little to no after market support does that not tell you something? that the truck is so good it does not need all these other parts or crap to hide its flaws? or to make it better, or ignore that's its just down right good? yea i know the fact people want there trucks to be different, but listen guys, your buying the same parts everyone else can by how different are you really, yea you have a different combo but still everyone can buy the same parts and there tuck can be the very same. not like someguy and bitethedust etc.. the were thinking outside the box you can't just buy there stuff, threes is what really makes the truck different, but that's not the point, the point is that if everyone keeps bickering about this truck or that truck is better, but yet there's so many for sale, but yet, the other overlooked trucks are very rare to find!

yea it could also be to the fact that's its not a very popular truck and that's why there is little to know results on ebay for them, but you also can't say oh its because rpm or new era etc.. hop up companies were not around, well the sad fact is they were, they did not make any parts for them, does that tell you something if a company like rpm who strides to make trucks tougher and stronger, and yet never made a part for these trucks? maybe this is just spam and rant but its just something to think about, and its been on my mind now for sometime!
Old 04-24-2008, 11:40 PM
Soothsayerman

Default RE: To define tough?

Tough would be Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris does not wear a condom. Because there is no such thing as protection from Chuck Norris.

Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas

Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried. Ever.

The original title for Alien vs. Predator was Alien and Predator vs Chuck Norris. The film was cancelled shortly after going into preproduction. No one would pay nine dollars to see a movie fourteen seconds long.

That's tough.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:48 PM
rcnitrohead

When Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick, he unbalances the balance of earth, and sometimes causes earth derail from its gravitational orbit. Chuck Norris is the definition of tough, he uses rattlesnake venom as hot sauce in his Chinese food. He wrestles with elephants because no other animal can challenge him. He catches fish with his curled pinky, and makes fillets out of them in seconds with his razor sharp finger nails. Chuck Norris is tougher than a Ford, his blood will make a person immortal, too bad he never bleeds. Chuck Norris is the only thing tougher than a Savage
Old 04-25-2008, 12:41 AM
RenegadeRevo

My thoughts on this subject: Go to any of the big online hobby shops (Tower, A-main, etc) and search for those trucks... you will again find nothing... it's because availability for these trucks is -0- They just weren't popular.... XTM, Hot Bodies, and Kyosho aren't popular brands in the MT market.... They may be good trucks, but they aren't well known.... and a lot of people get into the hobby by going to the LHS and checking out what they have... I can't tell you the last time I saw a Mad Force, Giga Crusher, etc in my LHS... they just aren't around... Most of those also have one thing in common... they're traditional scaled MT's... high CG... solid axle MT's... that's just not popular anymore. Independent suspension 40+MPH monster trucks that you can see on a track as well as bashing in the desert is what people went to... it has nothing to do with toughness... it just has to do with trends.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:48 AM
drivefastgto

IMO just because the old and uncommon R/Cs arent on Ebay doesn't make them tough at all. I'd be willing to bet that 95% of old/uncommon vehicles that break end up in the basement, at garage sales, even the trash depending on who it is. They often never show up on Ebay because the owner doesn't think their old/busted truck is even worth listing, and quite often they're correct. Also, remember how many RC fans there are who never go on forums like this or sell stuff on Ebay! Being that we're talking about used toys, the only vehicles normally worth repairing or making hop-ups for would be the popular makes and models out there, otherwise the market would be microscopic. Thus, you rarely hear anything about them. Not only that, but if a real R/c enthusiast found a nice vintage vehicle, they more than likely won't be bashing it, for fear of breaking something. I'm not saying don't keep/fix/buy the old/wierd stuff, just don't expect the same kind of convenience and support as you would get playing with a better-known or current vehicle. Of course there are exceptions to this like most of the old Tamiya kits, because they were such an integral part of the hobby's history, and most parts aren't that hard to get for them. I will admit I have never tossed any of my old stuff, haha I keep telling myself I'll do something with them someday!

LOL, there's a reason why I never started a thread asking how to fix the Mugen Bulldog AWDS in my basement...It hasn't broken anything in 20 years...It sure isnt because it's tough, it's because it just collects dust![)]

BTW, as far as current-production trucks...Just because a truck has no hop-ups doesn't make it tough at all either. By that logic, Yugos must have been the fastest, best-handling, toughest cars out there because nobody ever made hop-ups for them...See what I mean? Hop-ups are sold more to satisfy consumer demand and to fill potential markets, i.e. if there's enough consumers out there who will pay for it, someone will usually step up and make what everyone wants. The $$$$ rules always in business, ya know.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:50 AM
drivefastgto

Oh BTW I'm not calling any particular trucks weak or strong, so don't anybody even go there...I was just saying toughness has nothing to do with aftermarket support or the lack of people asking about any particular truck.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:02 AM
RenegadeRevo

Well said, drivefastgto... aftermarket companies don't do R&D on vehicles that won't sell parts.... They're in business to make money... and they would be foolish if they made parts for uncommon/vintage R/C trucks that don't sell.

Some people think that aftermarket companies like RPM make parts to make trucks tougher... that's not the case... aftermarket companies make parts for vehicles that will sell parts (i.e. the companies who are actually selling vehicles)... 10 years down the road, do you think RPM will still be making and selling A-arms for the Revo? Probably not.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:09 AM
Elite_Tux487

Its as tough as you make it. If you're just tooling around in the yard staying on the ground sure its going to appear "tough" If you are taking your truck off of jumps and getting 30 feet of air your going to break stuff..Thats my opinion..It also has to do with outside ambient temperature as cold air makes materials brittle.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:23 AM
pythonfan

very good points, and i get what your saying, its just i see it as they get over looked, i know today its all about the best basher and if i want to race. the mad force its a great basher and was around with the first savage maxx etc.. and with that truck it was a scale sizes realistic truck, but now er days everyone wants the independent suspension, yea the force was not the fastest or the dirt demon etc... i guess that's why a lot of us consider them fun truck to mess with when our others are well down... but the reason for tower is kyosho went off on there own and well it hurt them and now there with losi so.... but it's like the old days i was in the hobby when before the savage 21 was even out, heck i got into the hobby when the maxx was still a pro .15... but i guess I'm still living in the glory days were the tnx, thunder quake, and others were still around including the mf and dd, the mf and giga are still around, the dd was canceled right after the first lighting series came out...

tough was a understatement i guess, i really did not have a right word for that, i was hopping that maybe it would stick on a few of the new guys minds so when they think about recommending a new truck to think back to the fun times they had with old glory, and tell them to get this just because its new or the best or just because it cost more it must be better... I'm trying to rebuild my old truck and its just so hard to find parts, and whats worse is when you have money to fix them u can't find crap but when your broke there's a boat load.

and with rpm there trying to make money cause yea there going with the whats hot, lets make parts for them etc...
Old 04-25-2008, 01:29 AM
drivefastgto

Another point...You had me thinking about the old cars I used to play with growing up and how tough I used to think they were...

And then I remembered just how SLOW those cars were. If they went as fast as anything I have now they would likely explode on impact!
Old 04-25-2008, 01:30 AM
RenegadeRevo

Before I got my Revo, I was looking at the X-factor... It's a cool truck... but it's too scale... suspension is stiff, it's one of the slower trucks... and... let's face it... XTM didn't have the best reputation back then (original Mammoth)...

I wanted to get a Twin force (I think that's what it is...) once...
Old 04-25-2008, 01:45 AM
pythonfan

i still want the twin force but those are even harder to find now... the x-factor does great at my races, or nolimts type of racing, it was one of the best pulling truck there was, and a hell of a racer to.

maybe if rcu will let us we can make a thread for all of the old time hard to find rc's so if anyone finds something they can post it, cause you never know what rare item someone is looking for cough dale cough cough lol...
Old 04-25-2008, 01:50 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: pythonfan

i still want the twin force but those are even harder to find now... the x-factor does great at my races, or nolimts type of racing, it was one of the best pulling truck there was, and a hell of a racer to.

maybe if rcu will let us we can make a thread for all of the old time hard to find rc's so if anyone finds something they can post it, cause you never know what rare item someone is looking for cough dale cough cough lol...
Yeah, I saw a buildup of a Twin Force on one of the other RCU subforums... and it looked so real, so scale... I wanted one. I can't remember who's it was... but I remember it was a silver Jeep Wrangler... one picture looked SO 1:1 that if it didn't have the body posts, you would NEVER know it.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:12 AM
rcnitrohead

Here is the official definition of tough

Strong and durable not easily broken or cut.
Not brittle or tender.
Difficult to masticate, as food.
Of viscous consistency, as liquid or semiliquid matter.
Capable of great endurance sturdy hardy.

I think that should clear it up
Old 04-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Anomie

I could slap Chuck Norris silly and shave my legs at the same time - he's no big deal [:-][X(]

This is a great thread, and I'd like to add that to me 'tough' is subjective. I think a good way of defining this is to call a vehicle 'resilient' instead. It can take what you throw at it and keep going. Enough give in critical areas, and the delicate parts survive.

My opinion, of course.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:37 PM
iamnot

ORIGINAL: Reiko

I could slap Chuck Norris silly and shave my legs at the same time - he's no big deal [:-][X(]
holy shaving cream

batgirl

specially if
it's not a
safety razor
[:@]
Old 04-26-2008, 01:08 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

Here is the official definition of tough

Strong and durable not easily broken or cut.
Not brittle or tender.
Capable of great endurance sturdy hardy.
The HPI Savage is touted by many as being the toughest and most durable truck on the market, and I say that proudly (of course from being a Savage fan).

BUT, I must bow down to the CEN Nemesis/Genesis in the actual strength and durability arena (as much as I dont want to). Hands down, if you were to take a Savages and a Nemesis/Genesis on a bashing session, the CEN would actually fare better. It is an extremely beefy truck (although heavier) and can take some serious licks before something breaks.

Here is how you can test a truck's durability and no, you dont have to do anything stupid like run them into a brick wall or jump thm off a house and nose dive them into hard concrete below. Take your truck of choice and run it at the local off-road track with about 15-20 other trucks and simply race. The normal rigors of racing from the trucks bumpbing each other, landing on each other, hitting berms and walls, will reveal which truck can take more hits. I have seen a CEN Genesis on the track literally get rammed by hack-drivers and still keep on going while the hack-jeck drivers threw their suspension pins out of place or break something else. The CEN finished while most of the hacks broke their trucks hitting the CEN (or hit other obstacles because they missed the CEN while trying to hit it). Worse yet, if the CEN would have landed on another truck, the CEN most proabably would have done some damage, it is a pretty heavy truck.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:56 PM
PJC

Chuck Norris Started Canning his Urine

We now call this Red Bull

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:59 PM
2DMaxLST!!

The Virgin Islands became "The Islands" after Chuck visited.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:46 PM
KRO

Chuck Norris is so tough he eats lightning and craps thunder ! [X(]
Old 04-29-2008, 11:48 PM
KRO

BTW , there are no Mad Force or X Factor trucks left cause dale gribble bought them all !
Old 04-30-2008, 12:42 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Wll, then, thanks Dale
Old 05-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Spudnik

Are you kidding me? Honestly. The reason why those trucks aren't found on ebay is because they are not popular, end of discussion. Look at the savage (which most will say is the toughest stock truck) and it has literally thousands of listings for it. End of thread
Old 05-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Soothsayerman

ORIGINAL: Spudnik

Are you kidding me? Honestly. The reason why those trucks aren't found on ebay is because they are not popular, end of discussion. Look at the savage (which most will say is the toughest stock truck) and it has literally thousands of listings for it. End of thread
Word
Old 05-01-2008, 09:10 PM
rcnitrohead

Woord, and Chuck Norris says thats the end of that!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.