Tmaxx 2.5 or a hot bodies g10

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 08:24 AM
rcnutman
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tmaxx 2.5 or a hot bodies g10

OK people,
I am looking for some info here. "What is a better truck", I have narrowed it down to two choises, These are both in my price range. The Traxxas tmaxx 2.5 or the H/B g10. I no one is 1/8 and the other is a 1/10.......Honestly its a money thing, I cant afford the new savage's or the bigger tmaxx's. I heard that Hot bodies is made by HPI racing???

I am a basher ! I have a 4 ' launch ramp, and some nice terrain in my back yard !! I owned a savage 25 back in the day, But i sold it !

Does anyone out there own a H/B g10? What do you think of it?

Does anyone out there own a Tmaxx 2.5? What do you think of it?
Thanks guys !

Old 05-17-2008, 08:48 AM
twomanytoys

Default RE: Tmaxx 2.5 or a hot bodies g10

I have a GT10 and had a T maxx. Neither is 1/8 scale. Both are 1/10 scale but the t maxx is alot bigger. I personally like teh gt10 better. Its tough as hell. The only thing that I had to replace so far is the axle bearings. Its real quick for a single speed but the t maxx will beat it. If you get a t maxx you will have to upgrade all the a arms, bulkheads and turnbuckles. The t maxx is a decent truck but by no means bashable out of te box. My 6yo drives the GT10 and he puts it through hell and it asks for more. You can get great deals on used savages or t maxx on ebay but if you are a noobie then I would not recommend used. I would recommend the GT10 but if you want big then go t maxx just be prepaired to upgrade alot of stuff.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:54 AM
rcnutman

Sweet ! I really like the g-10 I watched it on the rcuniverse review ! I Like it better, But If i broke it I would have to order parts .
I no the tmaxx is everywhere, all the local hobbies stores push it big time, and carry the parts, one local guy said its all he sells !
Thanks for the info man !
Old 05-17-2008, 09:20 AM
twomanytoys

I dont think you will need very many parts for the gt10.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:00 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't get the T-Maxx, mine constantly broke and I don't bash hard. They're just not very durable. I don't know anything about the GT10 though. What about an Aftershock?
Old 05-17-2008, 09:35 PM
rcnutman

I actually had one when they first came out, I gave it my best for about two weeks, I could not get the motor tuned in rite !! So I sent her a packing !
I have actually owned a tmaxx .15, an s-maxx, a savage 25, and a aftershock.. I am more less looking for info on the H/B Lighting