Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I think I broke something!!!

Old 05-07-2003, 12:36 AM
Rex2342

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I broke something!!!

My savage has been shifting funny lately so today I took the tranny apart to see what it was and I can't find anything wrong with it.What it's doing is when it shifts you can barely hear it and the rpm's don't decrease at all.I thought maybe it was stuck in second gear because i've lost allot of low end power but that doesn't appear to be the case and my clutches aren't glazed or damaged in any way.I even checked the diffs to see if maybe one was messed up and hurting my acceration but they're both fine.Everything with the tranny seems perfect.I tried to adjust the set screw but that didn't help.I turned it a full turn and it still sounds exactly the same and seems be shifting at the same rpm.I just got finished taking the tranny apart and it is still apart so if anybody has any ideas please let me know.My savage is one of the first run a savages just so you know.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:30 PM
CoolHandMatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I broke something!!!

Have to tried to tighten that nut on the big gear by the motor. It's the 52T. You can see a spring on it (it needs to be tightened), and that should fix it.
I know when I didn't tighten mine up right it wouldn't shift correctly. But as soon as I did that, it worked again. Just make sure your tranny screws are in there right and then work with both the tranny screws and the gear. Also make sure you get that set screw in there good or it will come out on you for ever.

Hope that helped.