Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

goin from electric to nitro

Old 06-01-2008, 06:06 PM
ELECTRICRC1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default goin from electric to nitro

i hav been interested in gettin a nitro vehicle for some time now. I have alot of experience in electric rc cause i race my mini lst and xxx-s. I dont have that much experience with nitro i have driven some but havent owned any. I was lookin at mostly monster trucks cause i like the monster trucks. I don't think i will be racing the nitro i buy b/c its my first one. I was lookin at the t maxx 2.5 and the aftershock and possibly the associated mgt 4.6. So if anyone can suggest any begginner quality trucks around these trucks price range please let me know what u think.(i think i might hav to change my name after i buy one)
Old 06-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Elite_Tux487

Default RE: goin from electric to nitro

The aftershock is really good from what I hear, basically a downgraded LST2 that can be had for 320 bucks. I also like the MGT 4.6 it hasn't given me any trouble..good truck for the price as well. I can't think of any other 1/8th scale true MTs that are in the price range, for a little bit more than the MGT 4.6 you can get the savage X.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:38 PM
HSVXU6

I think you might have to change your name "IF" you go nitro. Why not look at some brushless trucks, quiet so that you can run them any time you like, clean, and as my neighbour said to me a couple of weeks ago "glad you don't have a nitro" and he meant by that the fact that we spend a lot of time out the front of home running up and down the road and the grass strip and we have a spot where we can jump as well and nobody complains. The track that we race at has limited times for nitro but none for electric. Brushless is good and now they are becoming cheaper and quicker, take a look at the Traxxas Bandit VXL cheap and fast
Old 06-01-2008, 08:15 PM
ELECTRICRC1

i think my nieghbours have gotten use to loud noises i cut a lot of lawns to earn extra cash for my rcs and i basically always have my mower on and my trimmer and they dont see to mind plus there is lots of nitro owners around my neighbourhood. Anyway i dont want another electric cause i have enough electrics for my charger to handle. ( not the greatest charger in the world) I hav heard alot of good things about the mgt 4.6 and im ify about the aftershock cause of the 2 speed tranny. nevr had one of those b4 so can any1 tell me wat the 2 speed is all about.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:38 AM
Elite_Tux487

The MGT 4.6 also has a 2 speed tranny. It has reverse as well. All that the 2 speed tranny means is that when first gear winds out, it automatically shifts into second gear...
Old 06-02-2008, 04:49 AM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah as Elite_Tux487 said they both have the 2 speed, plus the MGT also has reverse. Reverse can be added to the Aftershock too though if it was wanted. Honestly they're both good trucks. I own a Raminator (an Aftershock with different body and wheels/tires) and I love it, I also know a lot of people that love thier MGT's. Whatever you do forget the T-Maxx, I hated mine. The Aftershock or MGT are much better.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:23 AM
happywing

I think everyone should try nitro at some point. It's quite and adrenalin rush, but also very stressful. I raced for a couple of seasons and found that it took a lot of the fun out of racing. They are a little sluggish too, IMO. For bashing, you should be fine because you won't have the stress of getting consistent performance.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:20 AM
ELECTRICRC1

so which truck would be the best bang for the buck type truck cause thats really all need to kno now
Old 06-02-2008, 11:42 AM
kpastier

i was big into electroc before i got my first nitro, its a huge change and ALOT of fun.
i wasnt sure how id like it as i had never even driven one before i bought it, so i wanted something lower in price.
i bought the Tower Terror .25, and this truck is bad ass.
whetever you buy have fun!
Old 06-02-2008, 02:40 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ELECTRICRC1

so which truck would be the best bang for the buck type truck cause thats really all need to kno now
Honestly I think both of them are. You'll find MGT owners that swear it's the best, and you'll find Aftershock owners that swear it is. I think it's basically which ever one you prefer. Their both extremely tough, the Aftershock is faster stock, but MGT has reverse. The Aftershock is a little cheaper but if you get it you'll definately want to get an HT pipe for it so the price ends up being about the same. whichever truck you choose I think you;ll be extremely happy.