Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

advice on monster truck

Old 06-09-2008, 07:06 AM
dirtrunner42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice on monster truck

i want to but a monster truck iv got my eye on revo 3.3 with a big block but what about the mgt and the savage how do the conpaer. my friend owns a revo so thats what i seen and i seen a mgt but the revo says it has more ground cleaeince. so if any one can give me advive that would be helpfull thanks
Old 06-09-2008, 09:35 AM
SaVaGe MaN SS

Default RE: advice on monster truck

what are you planning to do with it, whats your budget?
Old 06-09-2008, 09:41 AM
dirtrunner42

i plane on bashing it i saw a nic revo on here with some nice hops just needs motor. my budget is 400 at the max for everything well let me know
Old 06-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Snaut Rocket

Last time I checked the mgt has more ground clearance than the revo.
If your just bashing i would go with the savage or the mgt.
REvo is a racer.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Clymer122693

See what your lhs supports better. I own a Revo and a Savage X SS and both are great trucks! you won't be disspointed with either truck.

I've never owned a MGT but have worked on a couple of them,never played with the suspension either but the Revo does have more ground clearence then my Savage. The Revo has more adjustibility the any other MT out there.

Both Trucks at suspension fully extended (Revo has Long Travel kit on it).
Old 06-09-2008, 12:22 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Revo with a big block is a beast that will smoke any MGT, Savage, LST, etc. If you can score it, get it.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Muggy250r

i got a savage and love it its awesome! i had a revo 2.5r with a 3.3 and i didnt like it really... idk....... but a revo with a BB would be nasty... BUT make sure if its a BB u have all metal gears cause the stock plastic ones WONT take the power of a BB
Old 06-09-2008, 12:54 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

both are good trucks but i say go buy the mgt then u can compare it with ur friend's revo..
Old 06-09-2008, 05:43 PM
fm2h3

Yes i would get the MGT if i were you they have insane power and are monster bashers. Plus they are bigger.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:55 PM
eXunforgiven

I vote for the savage. Nothing takes a beating like a savage. If youre looking for a basher, you cant go wrong with HPI.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:00 PM
talkrc

for whatever your going to do i would take the revo 3.3 the thing is quick, strong, and reliable. I have had one for over a year and has put that thing through hell and it still runs like new . revo is the way to go
Old 06-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Clymer122693

Muggy-If you dont have a lead finger then the tranny will be fine,if the tranny can hold up to brushless power it will do just fine with a BB.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:19 PM
dirtrunner42

thanks for the advice what would have more ground clerence if i bud it be the y revo it will have the long travel rockers so would ahave the most ground clerence well thanks
Old 06-10-2008, 07:20 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

You'll be happy with any of the trucks. Don't get a t-maxx.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Clymer122693

Dirtrunner-The revo comes with the long travel rockers and springs. My revo could of setup a little bit higher in that pic since the pushrods were set in the middle on the a-arm. Either way man you will be happy with any truck you get aslong as it's a revo or mgt or savage or even a lst
Old 06-10-2008, 11:20 PM
xraycer71
My Feedback: (1)

Just remember that more ground clearance looks cool, but it means more roll-overs at higher speed. IMHO, since your friends have Revos you should get a Losi MT or an MGT.....just because they're BIGGER!
Don't worry, whatever you choose you'll more than likely be happy with it.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:55 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

I have my basher savage set up to sit low. I did the same thing to my Revo and both my Maxxes.

Ground clearance means dick. Skidplates are there for a reason.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:24 AM
dirtrunner42

how much bigger is the mgt to the revo i looked up the specs and there were really close maby 1-4 mill difference. my other friend has a 4.6 mgt but it doesent run he said he had center diff prombles somthing about a pin he had to drill out like the first week he got it it was brank new in box but some time i dont think he know his ***** from a hole in the ground due to all the forms i looked up no one had to drill a pin out but i like team assoated i have a couple of them and there great cars.

now about ground clerence the higher you go the more roler over chance there is um how hard is it to adjust the setings on the revo.

how durabule is a savage i found this deal here in town it lookes nice but never ran hpi yet any info look at this
http://spokane.craigslist.org/for/709786949.html
http://spokane.craigslist.org/tag/709807736.html
same truck just different pic if the page link dont work just copy and paste
but i can find a revo with these hop ups just needs a motor
a custom one of a kind body with a 3 point carbon fiber body mounts, a center diff kit, the rear brake kit, a new extra spur gear, a new venom fail safe, new traxxas red aluminum push rods all the way around, new blue rpm upper and lower arms all the way around, new chrome rpm front and rear bumpers, new high flow air filter and fuel filter, new traxxas jato resonator exhaust pipe and an hpi side header, new single steering up-grade with a jr racing servo and a blue aluminum steering arm, new tekno throttle up-grade, new forward only installed, new tekno swaybar kit with all the bars, new lower center of gravity batt box, new tekno receiver box, new 160 cc fuel tank, new metal drive shafts(all 6 of them), new maximizer back plate for the motor, wheelie bar wheels on the wing, new blue shocks on the front and silver on the back, new over sized flywheel (for a starter box), new still in the pack stock tank rebuild kit, new heavy duty steering servo saver
but like he said what ever i buy i will be happy just picking the more experince peoples brain well let me know thanks
Old 06-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Elite_Tux487

I'm not too sure about the drilling out of the pins, the pins connecting the tranny to the CV axles tend to come loose and fall out often if they are not loc-tited and they don't use loc-tite on them from the factory. Thats a very simple fix for a common problem. I'm not sure how much bigger the mgt is compared to a revo, but I know that compared to a savage X it is only slightly bigger.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Snaut Rocket

ORIGINAL: dirtrunner42

how much bigger is the mgt to the revo i looked up the specs and there were really close maby 1-4 mill difference. my other friend has a 4.6 mgt but it doesent run he said he had center diff prombles
Thats weird i didn't even know the mgt had a center diff.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Snaut Rocket

ORIGINAL: dirtrunner42

how much bigger is the mgt to the revo i looked up the specs and there were really close maby 1-4 mill difference. my other friend has a 4.6 mgt but it doesent run he said he had center diff prombles somthing about a pin he had to drill out like the first week he got it it was brank new in box but some time i dont think he know his ***** from a hole in the ground due to all the forms i looked up no one had to drill a pin out but i like team assoated i have a couple of them and there great cars.

now about ground clerence the higher you go the more roler over chance there is um how hard is it to adjust the setings on the revo.

how durabule is a savage i found this deal here in town it lookes nice but never ran hpi yet any info look at this
http://spokane.craigslist.org/for/709786949.html
http://spokane.craigslist.org/tag/709807736.html
same truck just different pic if the page link dont work just copy and paste
but i can find a revo with these hop ups just needs a motor
a custom one of a kind body with a 3 point carbon fiber body mounts, a center diff kit, the rear brake kit, a new extra spur gear, a new venom fail safe, new traxxas red aluminum push rods all the way around, new blue rpm upper and lower arms all the way around, new chrome rpm front and rear bumpers, new high flow air filter and fuel filter, new traxxas jato resonator exhaust pipe and an hpi side header, new single steering up-grade with a jr racing servo and a blue aluminum steering arm, new tekno throttle up-grade, new forward only installed, new tekno swaybar kit with all the bars, new lower center of gravity batt box, new tekno receiver box, new 160 cc fuel tank, new metal drive shafts(all 6 of them), new maximizer back plate for the motor, wheelie bar wheels on the wing, new blue shocks on the front and silver on the back, new over sized flywheel (for a starter box), new still in the pack stock tank rebuild kit, new heavy duty steering servo saver
but like he said what ever i buy i will be happy just picking the more experince peoples brain well let me know thanks
And i would stay away from the integy aluminum.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:25 PM
xraycer71
My Feedback: (1)

how much bigger is the mgt to the revo i looked up the specs and there were really close maby 1-4 mill difference.
MGT: Length: 24.17"
Width: 17.24"

Aftershock: Length: 22"
Width: 18.5"

Revo 3.3: Lenght: 20.315"
Width: 16.125"

TheMGT and Losi looks even bigger than the Revo in person due to the massive stock rubber tires.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:28 AM
dirtrunner42

cool thanks for the spec so the mgt is bigger i looked it up on towerhobies and it said the mgt weighted 28 pounds i dont think thats right well thanks for your advice
Old 06-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Elite_Tux487

Lol wow, 28 pounds... Nah, it's more like around 12 pounds or so.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:40 AM
dirtrunner42

hey does any know if the mgt can be bump started from the bottom just wondering and can you get all the hop ups for the mgt im starting to look at them now iv wanted one till i saw the revo but now im wondering about the revo well thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.