Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Fg Marder

Old 05-10-2003, 02:14 PM
9zap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fg Marder

anyone run one of these ? i am going to buy one soon and sell my maxx just wondering if anyone has first handknowledge with the marder looks a best
Old 05-12-2003, 12:35 AM
Nitro RC Man
My Feedback: (2)

Default Fg Marder

Its awsome, dont pay over 700 for a new one or youre getting ripped off
Old 05-12-2003, 12:43 AM
9zap

Default Fg Marder

i live in england we always get ripped off we even have to pay 20% duty on the hobby shops where the marder is made you guys in usa get it 20% cheaper ...823 dollars is the best i can see so far from krikke in europe 675 dollar if i lived in usa lol that suks
Old 05-12-2003, 08:36 AM
Easy rider

Default Fg Marder

Yes , I run one of those !!!! What do you want to know ?

David.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:18 AM
9zap

Default Fg Marder

hi david i would like to know about " durability "...preformance say is it quicker on acclleration than a 2.5 maxx ....they look quite low how is the ground clearance? top speed approx stock ....can you change the wheels how many diff types of bodies are there for them.... do they pull wheelies on demand with tuneing? basically your general thoughts i am selling my t-maxx 2.5 and going to convert my sm to electric and end up with the marder
Old 05-12-2003, 11:14 AM
Easy rider

Default Fg Marder

Well,

They are durable, but ..... I hope you can get parts for it easy !! Because these marders are powerfull and that means you break things during a crash or just by using them like gears and stuff. The stock gears are plastic and they intend to break sometimes, but you can upgrade to aluminums (stronger).

This is a buggy , so this means they are low to the ground about 1 inch ( 2-3 cm.) Yes you can change the wheels and tires, but.... they are EXPENSIVE !!! believe me, you wont buy new wheels and tires fore fun but , ... they are strong and durable.

The marder only comes with one body (the white one) but in my LHS you can buy strong 2mm. lexan bodies (non-painted).

With tuning they can pull wheelies, but I dont see the purpose in this because if you can keep the wheels on the ground you have more stability. If you tune the stock engine to a 26cc. they are VERY, VERY powerfull (5hp.)

Stock, they go appr. 70 km/h but with tuning they can do over 100 km/h.( 26cc conversion kit, samba tuned pipe, different gears,...)

Hope this helps, if you have a question please ask.
David.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:25 PM
9zap

Default Fg Marder

hi david well parts are no problem..... its just finding a place where i can get 1 cheap how fast is the marder on accelleration ? quicker than a t-maxx 2.5 ? i have seen the hop ups yeh ...looks like you can turn them into a beast what kind of steering servo you useing?
Old 05-12-2003, 01:58 PM
Easy rider

Default Fg Marder

Yes, faster but not that much!! But a marder has lots of low RPM torq. I'm using a hitec hi-torque servo but I dont know the serie number by hart.

David.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:39 PM
9zap

Default Fg Marder

do you have the big bore kit and tuned pipe?
Old 05-13-2003, 11:35 PM
Easy rider

Default Fg Marder

I don't have the 26cc kit , but I do have the tuned pipe ! If you plan to buy a tuned pipe , make sure to buy the "samba" pipe and NOT the tuned pipe from FG !! this one is just gonna empty your wallet without anny succes.
The 26cc kit has MAJOR POWER but is hard to control on a dry circuit.

David.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:51 PM
9zap

Default Fg Marder

hi david thanks for the info i will order one soon of ron at krikke...you couldent help me out with trying to locate a schulze 936 charger can you? i assume that you are from europe..i cant find one anywhere that ships international at a decent price or any price lol